California Wildfires

MVP

Supporter
My gawd man. This looks like Mordor. 405 is pretty close to me.

All my fellow Angelenos on the Westside and in the valley be safe.

Swear to god I was just about to make this thread. Talking to my homies in group chat...they said they shut down UCLA. Gotdamn.

2BFC2934-8B19-4B60-A26E-07E11DC82F64.gif

I asked my mans about this yesterday basically asking do they ever touch LA Bc I saw the fire ripping through Ventura. He said if fire ever reaches La the world is about to end.

If it’s windy out there it can get super ugly. **** looks like a movie scene.

I've never seen it this close to the city man. Eerie stuff, smoke everywhere outside my apartment, ash falling. It's like that movie Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones.

smh. I work for the forest service and we just got laid off 10 days ago too. Engines, handcrews, and our helicopter staff were all released despite knowing there was still a high chance of this happening

Supposed to get real bad down here tomorrow in San Diego just praying it isn't anything like the 2007 wildfires. Stay safe up there guys.

smh. I work for the forest service and we just got laid off 10 days ago too. Engines, handcrews, and our helicopter staff were all released despite knowing there was still a high chance of this happening
Do you mind sharing more background on this?

One of my warehouses is in sanfer. Right by those fires. Looked like mordor for real. Was bad to breathe in. But it's a Mexican warehouse. They kept on working :lol:

I also work in Ventura. Houses burning down out here bros :frown:

My sisters neighbors on both sides of her lost their homes and somehow hers was missed entirely.

Do you mind sharing more background on this?
Budget.

socal was pretty quiet this past summer, whereas in the past years it's always at a preparedness level of 4-5 in the summer. So it was always a thought sooner or later this would happen. However, I'm from a different forest, 3-5 hours from LA so the chief wont even get any blacklash from this, nor should he(though we would still have to respond to this incident due to the severity). I'm not sure how prepared LA was for this considering its december already and many shot crews and other fires crews have already been released for the season.

Appreciate your response and could have pretty much assume that it was due to budgeting.

The timing of this (late in the season as you described it) sucks and likely exacerbated an already tough situation.
Them winds are no joke.

I remember a story of some iirc retired fire chief who's whole neighborhood went up in flames but his didn't cause he took a bunch of precautions...not sure how you can fireproof a home that has to withstand 60-70 mph winds and ambers being thrown around.

Wish all you effected the very best.

Drought parched California for years, leaving it littered with fuel in the form of dry vegetation. Then the winter of 2016 and the spring of 2017 brought record amounts of rainfall, which spurred new plant growth. That was followed by months of extreme heat that withered the new growth and turned it into more tinder.

Finally, the autumn winds from the northeast, known as diablo winds, began blowing through the region over the weekend at speeds of 70 miles an hour or more.

my next door neighbor burnt down, good thing I'm in Berlin right now, havent seen anything like this since I was in college

Saw that video

**** almost looks so fake and out of a Movie. Insane

Hope you Cali people stay safe

I live next to Ventura.
Can't even see the hillside.
DSC_0758.JPG

I live in front of a park and they're now turning it into a refugee camp and donations drop off center. That Skirball center fire is about a 15 minute drive from me.

Back
Top Bottom