Campus bookstore prices FTL!

I start class today at 5 so I picked up a few books Saturday and a few Sunday.

All new books
mad.gif

All over $100
mad.gif

Total came out to just under $1000 for 6 books
mad.gif

I wish I could use Amazon or half.com but my loan comes directly thru my school and automatically credits my account and I don't have the $800 it wouldcost to buy them online. Anyone else dealing with outrageous prices this semester? This is my 5th year and I've NEVER paid more than $500 a semester.(which could be why it's my 5th year
laugh.gif
)

I looked up the prices for books at a used books store. I'm still paying $420 for all my books. I pay less than that each month for internet + rent +utilities.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

All new books
mad.gif

All over $100
mad.gif

mad.gif

I wish I could use Amazon or half.com but my loan comes directly thru my school and automatically credits my account and I don't have the $800 it would cost to buy them online. Anyone else dealing with outrageous prices this semester? This is my 5th year and I've NEVER paid more than $500 a semester. (which could be why it's my 5th year
laugh.gif
)

yo, I want a make a trip out Central and see how you guys party
pimp.gif

Waiting until the last minute FTL!

No used, all new, I got 4 for $415 on Saturday and 3 for $145 in the middle of June during orientation.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

All new books
mad.gif

All over $100
mad.gif

mad.gif

I wish I could use Amazon or half.com but my loan comes directly thru my school and automatically credits my account and I don't have the $800 it would cost to buy them online. Anyone else dealing with outrageous prices this semester? This is my 5th year and I've NEVER paid more than $500 a semester. (which could be why it's my 5th year
laugh.gif
)

yo, I want a make a trip out Central and see how you guys party
pimp.gif
hard
pimp.gif
i'm making my way down to state this comingweekend to help my spartans kick off welcome weekend, and i'll be there again for central/state but most other weekends i'm here

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by gescobe

chegg.com , thank me later.

Too bad he already copped his books.
OP better go and try to get that refund ASAP.
yeah that's the thing. Including shipping I'd save a little over $100 with the best prices on amazon/half with used books. But my refundcomes later this week and with shipping times i'd be without a book for 2+ weeks.

I guess the upside is since they're new I'll get a little more when I return them

I only used Amazon.com for like my last two years of school.

I got sick and tired of paying $600+, when I could order online and pay much less than half the price.

laugh.gif
everyone saying buy online must not have read. I don't have thecash to buy online, my student loan which i need to use for the purchase of my books goes straight to my student account.

They then:
Deduct tuition from the loan total, put it on a card and mail it within 2 days of class starting. I'll get it in 1-2 days after it's mailed, then makean online order. Add 5-7 days for shipping and I don't have a book for around 2 weeks.
frown.gif

This is the trick I used. Go to your first week of classes and collect all of your syllabuses. Look through the syllabuses and figure out which books you needimmediately. Buy the books you need immediately from the book store immediately. For those books that you won't use in a while, purchase them from amazonor some other online retailer.

bigwords.com FTW

and professors who are cool with using older editions of text books FT MFWits crazy how a textbook goes for $140 one day, and once a new edition is released,that $140 book is worth 10% of that.

Back
Top Bottom