Cam'ron aka Killa Cam aka King Jaffe Joe Essentials!! (Help If Your A True Fan)

So before I even start I just want to say Cam'Ron is my "Favorite" rapper of all time... I'm not saying he is the best or anything of that nature but he is my personal favorite...

Now after checking out a few mixtape websites I am VERY disappointed in the selection of Cam'Ron material out there... It seems like DJs are trying to sabotage my dude by making "Best Of Cam" CDs and ONLY posting POST 2010 Killa tracks... I'm not saying POST 2010 stuff by the man isn't good but he had SOOOOO many classics from the past that are wayyyyyy better... So I figured since I was complaining to myself I should look out for true fans and help people who don't know about Cam like that and make my own "Best Of Cam" mixtape...

So for the last week or so I have been going through my personal phyical copies of mixtapes (The Diplomats Vol 1-5 ETC.) and looking through my computer library of tracks I got from radio exclusive rips... Not to mention all the COC stuff I got and just guest features on forgotten artists mixtapes etc... I have been mixing Cam verses all week (cutting/cropping/etc) to make a Cam only tape that we all can enjoy...

So my request to ya NT is if you guys can think of some "Best Of" type verses cam spit throughout his long career... It can be your personal favorite or just something you remember he went off on... It can be from any album/mixtape/radio freestyle/tv freestyle/etc... PLEASE SHARE your ideas guys...

I honestly don't care how long the tape is since we are in the age of iPods and phones with 16 gigs or more for music... When it's complete I plan to upload it to DatPiff and a few other websites so I can keep my man Killas good name alive... Only real issue I'm having is working on the cover art for the upload... Honestly though people click tapes based on covers so I'm trying my best to make something interesting even though my "photoshop skills" are wayyyyyy below par...

Anyway THANK YOU in advance to anybody who contributes and THANK YOU even if you don't... Reguardless I am just trying to help keep my personal favorite rappers good name alive...

View media item 322461

it doesn't have to do with a malicious intent, its more along da divide between cam's career before mixtapes (children of da corn) (confessions

of fire) and his career post da proliferation of mixtapes (diplomats vol.1 and on)

you gotta remember that cam'ron and company were basically revolutionizing mixtape da way we know now first along with

g-unit, so most of da material out is from that era, plus any material before da mixtapes are label propriety copywritten so thats

why they aren't floating around so easily.

killa is one my favorite rappers also :smokin

me and ADM produced a joint for him and Vado as well back when UN Lost Files was droppin'

most of da material out is from that era, plus any material before da mixtapes are label propriety copywritten so thats

why they aren't floating around so easily.

I feel you 100% but some of these tapes out are just straight disrespectful to a fan like myself... It isn't hard to look around the internet for some classic verses... maybe they are out for a quick buck or what ever the case may be but me as a fan doesn't like it... I wanna show people cam is Nice... I hate when I see threads people make saying Cam can't spit... that's blasphemy... most dudes who say that listen to these stupid tapes DJs upload disrespecting Cam on... Another thing is the whole Slang cam uses isn't very popular outside of the tri-state area so when he says certain things people think he's making up words... end of the day just trying to show Artist Appreciation for his whole body of work not just the stuff now...

any classic Ninjahood Cam'Ron Favorites to add to the list just in case I missed it...

Camron - Go Now :pimp:

Talk to them - Vado/Cam, Best verse i heard Cam spit

Cam in my top 5 also, dude got better over time he perfected his flow

Last edited:
He had straight classics on SDE, Come Home With Me, Purple Haze, & all his Dipset material, (Plus Killa Season had some bangers as well)... That's one tough list to turn into a tracklisting :lol:

Cam's verse on Big L's 8 Iz Enuff :smokin
And you better include A Star is Born from his CoC days
Thats all, I got faith in the rest of yall for everything else

Cam got great material for days

people like to talk about work ethic but his work ethic as a boss exceeds all and, any top food chain rapper. I still dont know how vado ended up on we the best, but
at the end of the day cam could sit around find another Harlem kid tomorrow and turn him into a tri state household name within months. I wonder what he thinks about
asap rocky and them, i know he hasnt done many interviews but i just want him to speak on they movement and how much he's done for hip hop in general.

but on to your topic if you want to gain some attention to this thread, put the title as cam'ron essentials, first that come to mind is D'rugs losing weight 2 and
purple haze "the song" but if i sat around and listened i could come up with 35 songs off top.

Last edited:
Cam one of the greats...applied that pressure to 50, just didnt capitalize off that hot summer he promised lol

couple things i wish for

an hd quality byrdgang vol. 1 who shot freekey zeekey
a no dj full version of the OG cam'ron harlem song and not the remake on the kayslay retail album
a no dj full version of the original cam'ron/juelz santana i love you

and because i can't remember if i still have it or not, a full version of jim jones questions, no dj.

Last edited:
This would be greatly appreciated.

I feel that same way when people are ignorant to what cam can do on the mic.

But like dude said, his work ethic as a boss >>>>>>

I just smh at cats thinking Cam somewhere in Harlem broke.

couple things i wish for

an hd quality byrdgang vol. 1 who shot freekey zeekey
a no dj full version of the OG cam'ron harlem song and not the remake on the kayslay retail album
a no dj full version of the original cam'ron/juelz santana i love you

and because i can't remember if i still have it or not, a full version of jim jones questions, no dj.

I believe I have the OG Harlem Song... there are 2 versions thou... and I think I got the who shot freekey joint

I believe I have the OG Harlem Song... there are 2 versions thou... and I think I got the who shot freekey joint
word...yeah there are two versions. i need the one with the beat that jr rapped over on writer's block 2. the OG version with the sample. not the remake because the sample didn't clear.

word...yeah there are two versions. i need the one with the beat that jr rapped over on writer's block 2. the OG version with the sample. not the remake because the sample didn't clear.

yeah I got that one.... I was just listening to it... if u dont wanna wait for me to finish the tape I can send it to u just send me a email thru dm

Cam and Juelz got a 15 minute "freestyle" from the radio with Stretch, mad quotables..

Cam - Hot Boys (Missy beat)

I wish that dude woulda made a CDQ of Lenox Ave

That was my fav joint for about a year but the quality was TERRIBLE. High hats sounded like static. Who be approvin that?

Back
Top Bottom