Camron is the epitome of swag

Originally Posted by FedExciter

yall cam *#$* riders need a reality check,biggie had this whole swag thing on lock when cam was still missin free throws settin up picks for ma$e,biggie is the one who bought the whole flashy +#$% to the game,before big came around #@$#@+ was wearin combat boots and all black in their videos,nobody knew what versace was,no one was rockin flooded jesus pieces,and to top it all off dude was like 300 plus pounds and still walked around with the smoothness of a calvin klein underwear model,if thats not swag i dont know what the $*%* is...he wasnt lyin when he said he get computer putin tho,because the inernet is the only place i see dudes still ride cam
yeah in 1997..i aint rocking a 8x versace suit for damn sure

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You kids have no idea. Cam'ron is the reason you have the terms No #@+*, Ducktales, You Mad.

not really
f4915be5c3d1bdf673e6b8f4fa37d532df7b6e4.jpg

laugh.gif
@ People naming Bambatta. I see what you're sayin but C'mon now. Don't be THAT guy.
roll.gif
@ people naming Nas. NAS? Wearing Cufi's, marrying jumps and becoming cool with someone who smashed your baby mother is the anti-swag.

Its a fact, and you can't deny it...

Cam popularized "Swag" in Hip-Hop...He's the father of Swag as far as Rap is concerned...

Jigga? No....Check his 94 Steez, rocking a baldie wearing hoodies with shorts....Nay...
Nas? No.....See above for reason...(Hypebeast McStreet Wear pretty much summed it up..)
Kanye? Nay, though he has his own "swag", he def did not invent it...
Pharrell?
indifferent.gif
T.I?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Bambatta?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The list goes on...

Yeah Cam had a lot of styles that were
indifferent.gif

We're not talking just about style though are we? We're talking "Swag" and Cam had has it....

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

Originally Posted by FlyNY

nas.jpg

/thread
%$+* camron and his pink @##

Nas is the Truth. Thug Poet /thread

you make such statements and you post a vid of Cam that Kanye has more recognition for....

QFT. was listening to illmatic when i came into this post, stay listenin daily.

talking about modern times or today papa

even still...cam'ron style is TOOOOO baggy for my taste anyway but his Aura is that of Legend... no somo

yall cam *#$* riders need a reality check,biggie had this whole swag thing on lock when cam was still missin free throws settin up picks for ma$e,biggie is the one who bought the whole flashy +#$% to the game,before big came around #@$#@+ was wearin combat boots and all black in their videos,nobody knew what versace was,no one was rockin flooded jesus pieces,and to top it all off dude was like 300 plus pounds and still walked around with the smoothness of a calvin klein underwear model,if thats not swag i dont know what the $*%* is...he wasnt lyin when he said he get computer putin tho,because the inernet is the only place i see dudes still ride cam
eek.gif

QFT
/thread

Originally Posted by biff lawson

and to top it all off dude was like 300 plus pounds and still walked around with the smoothness of a calvin klein underwear model,if thats not swag i dont know what the $*%* is.
Pause

FedExciter wrote:
yall cam *#$* riders need a reality check,biggie had this whole swag thing on lock when cam was still missin free throws settin up picks for ma$e,biggie is the one who bought the whole flashy +#$% to the game,before big came around #@$#@+ was wearin combat boots and all black in their videos,nobody knew what versace was,no one was rockin flooded jesus pieces,and to top it all off dude was like 300 plus pounds and still walked around with the smoothness of a calvin klein underwear model,if thats not swag i dont know what the $*%* is...
all that was cute and all, but im curious if biggie is the founder or the greatest swagtastic rapper in history or whatever your sayin then uhhhhwhat you say about cats like big daddy kane or SLICK RICK who is like 50 still rockin stupid pieces. i mean i hate to say it but this flashyshh did start before 93 or whenever dude came out
grin.gif

Front all you want, but Cam was the epitome of a swag rapper, or at the very least, the modern idea of "swag." Of course his style ain'tpoppin' now, but when he first signed to Rocafella, he had the whole image thing on lock. That's when everybody still either wanted to look like, orwasn't ashamed to dress like they're from the hood.

A lot of ya'll that laugh at baggy clothes got a lot of nerve turning your nose up at it now.

FedExciter wrote:
yall cam *#$* riders need a reality check,biggie had this whole swag thing on lock when cam was still missin free throws settin up picks for ma$e,biggie is the one who bought the whole flashy +#$% to the game,before big came around #@$#@+ was wearin combat boots and all black in their videos,nobody knew what versace was,no one was rockin flooded jesus pieces,and to top it all off dude was like 300 plus pounds and still walked around with the smoothness of a calvin klein underwear model,if thats not swag i dont know what the $*%* is...

74302339_10.jpg

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You kids have no idea. Cam'ron is the reason you have the terms No #@+*, Ducktales, You Mad.

not really
f4915be5c3d1bdf673e6b8f4fa37d532df7b6e4.jpg

laugh.gif
@ People naming Bambatta. I see what you're sayin but C'mon now. Don't be THAT guy.
roll.gif
@ people naming Nas. NAS? Wearing Cufi's, marrying jumps and becoming cool with someone who smashed your baby mother is the anti-swag.
^^ this pic alone made me take my dads 1988 liz claiborne sweater that all my peeps call it the christmas sweater.. but i still be killling itthough..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^ i know kane and slick rick had their parts true indeed,but i cant speak on what i didnt live thru,i was like 5 when they were out and hulk hogan sneakerswith the velcro were the **#+ to me.......what im talking about is the era where everybody wore black sweatshirts and combat boots and took chains from homedepot and put a padlock around it and wore it around their neck.I know biggie wasnt the first one to do the whole flashy thing but by the time he stepped onthe scene people had beeeeeeeeeeeen stopped dressing like kane and slick,with the mcm daper dan suits and whatnot.People were dressin more like onyx andnaughty by nature ,and people in the videos had on the same thing u can look out your front window and see.Then thats where big came and changed the whole gameup once again,as kane did about 10 yrs prior to him.........feel me?

oh yea,as far as homeboy sayin cam made up terms like you mad and ducktales..yes he did

but if u actually got outside into the real world u would know that people dont actually walk around sayin ducktales and pointin at ppl talkin bout u mad,maybethe nomo thing thats about it but those other 2 terms are irrelevant outside nt

whoevr made this thread must be part of dipset $^%$ riders but cam still my dude........................

Lets not forget Mase. He definetly is up ther ewith the swag lyrically. Need proof? Go listen to Why you over there lookin at me? thats swag at a trillion.

1. Big daddy kane - Swag king
2. Biggie - Common Look at dude. He had crazy swagger

^^^ i know kane and slick rick had their parts true indeed,but i cant speak on what i didnt live thru,i was like 5 when they were out and hulk hogan sneakers with the velcro were the **#+ to me.......what im talking about is the era where everybody wore black sweatshirts and combat boots and took chains from home depot and put a padlock around it and wore it around their neck.I know biggie wasnt the first one to do the whole flashy thing but by the time he stepped on the scene people had beeeeeeeeeeeen stopped dressing like kane and slick,with the mcm daper dan suits and whatnot.People were dressin more like onyx and naughty by nature ,and people in the videos had on the same thing u can look out your front window and see.Then thats where big came and changed the whole game up once again,as kane did about 10 yrs prior to him.........feel me?

oh yea,as far as homeboy sayin cam made up terms like you mad and ducktales..yes he did

but if u actually got outside into the real world u would know that people dont actually walk around sayin ducktales and pointin at ppl talkin bout u mad,maybe the nomo thing thats about it but those other 2 terms are irrelevant outside nt

bet my life if you come round me on some Afreeka Bamabata i will point, laff and say you mad

*post kane & rick era*
its hard for me to give dude that type of credit. dude had gear and he did his thing(i guess) but to give big the "he changed the game" title naw icant rock with that. he wasnt the only person who was clean back then

Originally Posted by Chico Dusty

^ See Big Daddy Kane as far as who originally brought it to Hip Hop. Also, young LL is alot like Cam is now to you young guppies in here ...

8ff15eebc0d061040fc241d299d0bb278c5bbff.jpg

See the problem is alot of you don't know what the ____ "swagger" is swagger isn't clothes, rapping or props
"Swagger" is the attutidude that's makes it all believeable.
So when you say Big Daddy Kane, Kanye, and Nas, Jay-Z etc have "swagger" you're wrong becasue they abandoned
the movement when no one followed..Swagger is inate...and Cam had the swagger since Confessions of Fire...his swagger
is his attitude...

everyone else is gimmicks....Cam'Ron "Swag" never changed.

"One glare and wink everyone wearing pink." I'm sorry but if not getting all America to rock some fruity tooty color has swag in my book.

Back
Top Bottom