Can any NT wizards save my iPhone 4S?

my iphone fell in water
sick.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
and at first it was ok I was playing music and everything then it just shut off like a 1/2 hr later and wont turn back on it just stays on the apple start screen & No matter what I do it wont go past the screen Can anyone offer any help befor I field goal kick this joint

Pic for ANY help:

you messed up. never try to use ANY electronics after dumping them in water. should've put it in a ziplock with rice immediately.

lol u shudn't have turned it on after it touched water. sounds like the circuit might have shorted

u better have insurance or RIP

Originally Posted by odog24

lol u shudn't have turned it on after it touched water. sounds like the circuit might have shorted

u better have insurance or RIP

It didnt turn off after it fell in the water, It turned off like a 1/2 hr later on its own

Throw it in a rice bag asap, blow dry the #%$^ outta it. Don't attempt to turn it on for at least a day. Other than that, you're SOL.

Sorry to hear that, bro.

A few moths ago, I spilled a bottle of water on my iPhone and water got into the headphone hole. My phone recognized it as having headphones plugged in. Blow dryed it, put a Q-Tip in it, blowed on it (pause) and a bunch of other things. Didn't work.

Woke up the next morning and it was working again just fine. I counted my blessings that day.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Throw it in a rice bag asap, blow dry the #%$^ outta it. Don't attempt to turn it on for at least a day. Other than that, you're SOL.

This.

OP, You probably let too much time pass though, I would remove the back ASAP and put it in a bowl or bag of dry rice, and let it sit for a while. (W/o the back)

Whenever you drop an iPhone in water, get it out as soon as possible and don't touch ANY buttons. If it's turned on, leave it on. If it's off, leave it off. If it's playing music, don't touch the volume. You catch my drift right? There's still life left in a wet iPhone, but as soon as you press a button you can cause a short circuit and fry it for good. Putting the iPhone in a ziplock bag full of rice for a week or so is your best bet in this situation. The rice will absorb all of the moisture from the iPhone and if you're lucky it'll still work. I realize it's too late to be telling you this now, but just remember it in the future.

I had a friend who dropped his iPhone 3GS in the 5ft section of a swimming pool. He jumped in after it right away and put it in a ziplock full of rice and within 5 days he was using it again like nothing ever happened. I've done the rice bag trick with 2 of my iPhones, and though the situations weren't as dramatic as the swimming pool, it worked for me too.

also remember not to turn on any device once it goes in water, should have put it in rice the second it happened and theres a good chance the phone would have been saved.

I'll buy it for like $3.50, you pay for shipping. LMK what's up.

Spoiler [+]
Hope you get it fixed, seriously

Back
Top Bottom