Can someone explain this scene from "The Wire"?

I would post the vid, but my man gets shot in the head & I think that's against the rules.

Anyway, I'm talking about the scene where Omar breaks into Monk's condo & Snoop, Mike, Chris & O-Dog are waiting for him and a shootout commences. I have two questions:

1. How did he not get hit at least once when he hiding behind that couch?

2. How in the world did he jump from the fourth floor to the ground & get away before Mike Snoop & Chris saw him?

Is "The Wire" stretching credulity here?

I would post the vid, but my man gets shot in the head & I think that's against the rules.

Anyway, I'm talking about the scene where Omar breaks into Monk's condo & Snoop, Mike, Chris & O-Dog are waiting for him and a shootout commences. I have two questions:

1. How did he not get hit at least once when he hiding behind that couch?

2. How in the world did he jump from the fourth floor to the ground & get away before Mike Snoop & Chris saw him?

It's based on an actual story where Donny,the real Omar who also played the dude that Omar went in with and got killed, was caught up in a shootout and jumped down 6 floors if I remember and survived

It's based on an actual story where Donny,the real Omar who also played the dude that Omar went in with and got killed, was caught up in a shootout and jumped down 6 floors if I remember and survived

1.Cause its on tv and it fake
2.Cause its on tv and it fake
3. i dont no what that word even mean and not goin to goole it . aha peace

1.Cause its on tv and it fake
2.Cause its on tv and it fake
3. i dont no what that word even mean and not goin to goole it . aha peace

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

This.

This.

O wow. So I guess it wasn't fake then. Donny was a stick up kid in real life?
eek.gif
this show pulled out all the stops.

O wow. So I guess it wasn't fake then. Donny was a stick up kid in real life?
eek.gif
this show pulled out all the stops.

Because he'd already broken in once and retro-fitted the couch to be bullet proof. Always one step ahead, that Omar.

Because he'd already broken in once and retro-fitted the couch to be bullet proof. Always one step ahead, that Omar.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

The wire is based on real events, and most of the actors are, as we say in NT, "about that life."

Originally Posted by ill steelo

The wire is based on real events, and most of the actors are, as we say in NT, "about that life."

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

1: bullets fragment and lose velocity after they hit hard objects ...i've made mistakes cleaning my gun (legal) and let one go in my basement, i found the bullet wedged in the wood of the couch frame.
the pillows themselves can stop a bullet if far enough away. i've seen people unload on a mattress, couch, wooden garage door...all of which didn't provide the "cinematic effect" film and tv provide.
once i also made a silencer, while testing velocity of the bullet i was holding the mouth of the water bottle filled with water and let it off early. my hand was numb for a week but the bullet was floating
in the bottle...probably due to velocity pressure change of the water.

2: there's a post from the other night where i had to post a facebook status because an NT'er didn't believe I sprang my ankle falling 3 floors down shooting a video.
if you look at the scene there's trees outside the window, lets assume the trees broke his fall which would've other wise been fatal.
the utility room was just a few feet away which he hid for hours from stanfield and co.

from my incent on tuesday where i fell maybe 20-25 feet from the 5th floor roof top to the 3rd WITH NO TREES to break my fall, i'm left with just a sprang ankle and a lot of swelling...pain subsided by thursday night. 
from omar's acting, i'd say the accuracy from pain was on point.
ah ok. Just when I thought the scene was fake
laugh.gif
thanks

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

1: bullets fragment and lose velocity after they hit hard objects ...i've made mistakes cleaning my gun (legal) and let one go in my basement, i found the bullet wedged in the wood of the couch frame.
the pillows themselves can stop a bullet if far enough away. i've seen people unload on a mattress, couch, wooden garage door...all of which didn't provide the "cinematic effect" film and tv provide.
once i also made a silencer, while testing velocity of the bullet i was holding the mouth of the water bottle filled with water and let it off early. my hand was numb for a week but the bullet was floating
in the bottle...probably due to velocity pressure change of the water.

2: there's a post from the other night where i had to post a facebook status because an NT'er didn't believe I sprang my ankle falling 3 floors down shooting a video.
if you look at the scene there's trees outside the window, lets assume the trees broke his fall which would've other wise been fatal.
the utility room was just a few feet away which he hid for hours from stanfield and co.

from my incent on tuesday where i fell maybe 20-25 feet from the 5th floor roof top to the 3rd WITH NO TREES to break my fall, i'm left with just a sprang ankle and a lot of swelling...pain subsided by thursday night. 
from omar's acting, i'd say the accuracy from pain was on point.
ah ok. Just when I thought the scene was fake
laugh.gif
thanks

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

DEAD
roll.gif

DEAD
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

TheSwoosh wrote:
ill steelo wrote:
Is "The Wire" stretching credulity here?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom