Can you pass a 1960's Louisiana literacy test for black voters?...

To yall laughing, why is this funny? Like at all. Its ok to laugh at this but i say i dnt want a gay son and im called a deadbeat dad by an asian guy...i give,up on this country, yall just go with,the flow. If they took black voting rights again and made us take the test, most of yall would be with it. Sheep and uoeno it

23. Draw a figure that is square in shape. Divide it in half by drawing a straight line from its northeast corner to its southwest corner, and then divide it once more by drawing a broken line from the middle of its western side to the middle of its eastern side.

A couple of the questions confused me, especially the backwards, forwards. 

10 minutes though. 
mean.gif

With the education I have today, I would have blasted through that garbage, slammed my paper on the desk, and waited for it to be graded so I could see the look of disgust on Paula Deens face as she hands me a ballot. But with that 1960s segregated education. Fuhgeddabodit!
***** they would have still said you failed and sent cops to beat your *** if you asked to see what questions you got wrong.

With the education I have today, I would have blasted through that garbage, slammed my paper on the desk, and waited for it to be graded so I could see the look of disgust on Paula Deens face as she hands me a ballot. But with that 1960s segregated education. Fuhgeddabodit!
***** they would have still said you failed and sent cops to beat your *** if you asked to see what questions you got wrong.

:lol: exactly

FUHGEDDABODIT!

clearly your not educated enough to understand SOME OF THE QUESTIONS HAVE NO ANSWERS!!!!!

DAMN. I clicked the link thinking I would be the smart one, clicked "back" humble as ****. That's a semi-literal mind****.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to in order to protect what's important. Of course, it's easier than ever to vote now, so...

clearly your not educated enough to understand SOME OF THE QUESTIONS HAVE NO ANSWERS!!!!!
I skimmed the first time, but since you called me out i went back and looked through them. I was able to reason my way through them. 10 minutes is cutting it close though. I use to do these sorts of test a lot. All you can do is pay close attention to word choice and answer accordingly. Some leave a little wiggle for double meanings so you gotta be careful that your answer is defendable.

But you guys are right, you'd probably get beaten even if you passed. 
what do you think couldn't be answered?

Last edited:
Code:
To yall laughing, why is this funny? Like at all. Its ok to laugh at this but i say i dnt want a gay son and im called a deadbeat dad by an asian guy...i give,up on this country, yall just go with,the flow. If they took black voting rights again and made us take the test, most of yall would be with it. If they took black voting rights again and made us take the test, most of yall would be with it. Sheep and uoeno it

:rolleyes ok guy.

I skimmed the first time, but since you called me out i went back and looked through them. I was able to reason my way through them. 10 minutes is cutting it close though. I use to do these sorts of test a lot. All you can do is pay close attention to word choice and answer accordingly. Some leave a little wiggle for double meanings so you gotta be careful that your answer is defendable.

But you guys are right, you'd probably get beaten even if you passed. 
what do you think couldn't be answered?
Even if you thnk you passed, it could still be deemed you failed. Happened all the time. You think people who make a test like that care about whats fair lol?

Last edited:
Ridic man. Straight up

Makes me sick that people would go to such far lengths to prohibit a group from voting

I know I'm not the only person that doesn't understand #1
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I said the same thing, until I realized the number was at the beginning, so I would circle 1. But I think that's technically not a part of the sentence, so idk 
eyes.gif

It's just a poorly written question.
23. Draw a figure that is square in shape. Divide it in half by drawing a straight line from its northeast corner to its southwest corner, and then divide it once more by drawing a broken line from the middle of its western side to the middle of its eastern side.
I understood it, but that pic made me 
roll.gif

This whole let's compare the struggle of gays with that of the treatment of African Americans historically irks me to no end. 
That's fine and completely understandable. The only thing that really irks me is when folks say black people had it worse as a part of their reasoning for why gays shouldn't get their rights. I don't believe that is what you are claiming or have ever claimed at all! I'm just saying I've heard and seen this argument before, and it's counterproductive. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 I said the same thing, until I realized the number was at the beginning, so I would circle 1. But I think that's technically not a part of the sentence, so idk 
eyes.gif

It's just a poorly written question.

I understood it, but that pic made me 
roll.gif

That's fine and completely understandable. The only thing that really irks me is when folks say black people had it worse as a part of their reasoning for why gays shouldn't get their rights. I don't believe that is what you are claiming or have ever claimed at all! I'm just saying I've heard and seen this argument before, and it's counterproductive. 
Civil Rights and the right to marry the same sex...let's weigh it out.

Last edited:
Civil Rights and the right to marry the same sex...let's weigh it out.
No sir. Please just make a separate thread about it, if you are serious. Let's talk about literacy 
glasses.gif

This test isn't fair at all! I can get a 97% on this test, but I'm illiterate 
indifferent.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom