Can you try jordans on at the release?

99% of the time they don't let you, because if it doesn't fit you, they don't want to have someone conplain about a tried on pair. It also slows down the process of getting people in & out as quick as possible.

that has to be in the rules somewhere, because if not, and someone who really is going to be using them and wants to make sure they are comfortable, they can make it a corporate issue if the store gives them any problems

i can understand them not wanting you to try them on, but during the CG release they told me i had to leave the store to even check them for imperfections, needless to say i stayed and made sure mine were ok. They cant legally sell you a product and not let you check it out first.

that has to be in the rules somewhere, because if not, and someone who really is going to be using them and wants to make sure they are comfortable, they can make it a corporate issue if the store gives them any problems
So your saying that if I go there I can ask to try on the shoes and they should allow me to try them on?

I mean, I don't want to get a pair that's too big, I know it's either a 9 or 9.5 that I need but I really just don't know what I'll need.

I mean I have a pair of size 9 Nike Air Max LTD and my toe hits the top of the shoe but they are wearable and I'm getting the Retro 4 Fire Red's and I have no clue if they run big or true size, I would just feel better trying them on

It depends. Some stores may and some stores won't.

But I can see it both ways. If there's 100 guys waiting in line, and there's that ONE person who says "hold up, lemme try on a 1/2 size up." Wold you really want to be THAT guy? The store employees are trying to handle the line as fast as possible and get the crowd depleted and you're sitting there holding the train up. Then you have the 100 dudes in line SEEING YOU do this, thinking "how the hell don't you know what size you are!?"...

But I can see it both ways. If there's 100 guys waiting in line, and there's that ONE person who says "hold up, lemme try on a 1/2 size up." Wold you really want to be THAT guy? The store employees are trying to handle the line as fast as possible and get the crowd depleted and you're sitting there holding the train up. Then you have the 100 dudes in line SEEING YOU do this, thinking "how the hell don't you know what size you are!?"...
Yea I see that but, my foot is still growing and every shoe is different meaning it's not my fault for not knowing what size I need

I have seen his happen on less wanted releases (Stealth 10) Other than that you gotta know. Ask if they fit TTS or what.

I've tried on about every jordan release that i got this year at the store. i don't think they can deny you that. and the point about there being a 100 people on line shouldnt matter. thats why they only let a few people in at a time. the employees don't care however long you stand on line. they don't get paid anything extra for getting everyone checked out as soon as possible. so far i've been to FL, FNL, DTLR, and HOH for releases this year and none of them have given me any trouble when i asked them to bring me multiple sizes to try on.

i know my size. i just don't want to deal with trading for my size if the shoe doesnt really run how i like them to fit. a 1/2 size can make a huge difference. i could care less what anybody thinks about me trying them on. if imma spend my money on something imma make sure i get the right one/size

Last edited:
I can understand if your foot is still growing but a lot of people don't want to buy shoes that have been tried on before.

For almost every release I've been to for GR shoes, there is that one guy that tries on shoes. True the line is held up, but what can you do if someone wants to make sure their $160 shoes fit correctly.

Most people don't care about someone just slipping their foot in a shoe, it's when someone takes a test walk/jump/spin, etc do most people object.

I usually know my size, but when the CDP dropped shoes were running small. When the 11/12 pack dropped they let me try on two different sizes.

But that was when Jordan buzz wasnt at an all time high, so nowadays I dont think they let you.

When i went to grab my Cement 4s, they (Champs) told the kid infront of me that he couldn't try on a pair. his dad got pissed, so the kid bought an 8 and his dad bought an 8.5.

I can definitely see both sides to this.
-Gets the correct size and leaves the other pair behind for someone else.
-Collectors (or people in general) will complain about creases from the person trying on and the shoes no longer being DS
-Slows down the checkout process.

Might be a little OCD of me, but i just buy all my retros in 9.5.

Last edited:
Ashoe store can not tell you that you can't try the shoe on. Period. They will only do it if you are dumb enough to let them, fugg they process blah blah blah. a buck 60 and you not sure they fit? LOL I wear the same size all the time so I don't need to try them on. A spot like FL with their no return policy couldn't POSSIBLY be one of the stores that does this....

You should be able to, but at the same time if you're out camping for a shoe you should know your size. And if I'm buying a pair I'm expecting it to not be tried on by anybody except for me. Just my opinion.

I buy all my shoes in a 12 but my obsidians fit just a bit bigger than the rest so i guess it wouldve helped to try then on.

Better to be safe than sorry

if i dont get a sizing fit answered here from people that get their pair before release i just go w my usual 11. most of the time i end up getting a 10.5 now as all the jordans i want tend to run big. i know u can try on pairs but i really dont want to be that guy especially if there are limited pairs w a group of people in line about to get salty that they couldnt snag a pair. i usually just go off to the side and sit on a bench to try them on real quick and if they feel snug or a bit roomier i just ask the remaining people coming out if theyd like to swap if theres dont fit. only had to do that once but it worked out for both of us. my shoes were too small and his were too big

So I heard the new policy is that RD shoes can't be returned if you purchase them. If this is to be enforced, then stores should let customers try on the shoes before buying, since they have no option to return them. Otherwise, if they buy them and they don't fit, it's only fair that they get a refund.

Not only can you not try on shoes because all releases are super crazy now, but the inconsistency of jordan sizing makes things a million times worse. Seems like every release is a toss up whether they will run big, small or tts. :smh::smh:

It's interesting that this subject is just now being brought up. I would think retailers could get themselves in hot water by not allowing someone to try on a shoe before buying. At the same time, it's very rare these days that people wish to try on a shoe, at least for the BIG releases, where dudes are camping/lining up. The only time this affected me was during the white-cement IV release. This wasn't a camp, but there were a few cats in line, the dude in front of me didn't know if he needed a 12 or 13, and of course, me being behind him, i wanted the 12. When we finally get in there, dude tries on the 12 first, and it fit him, so he copped. That's the only time in the last year or so (since the hype overtook releases) that i've seen someone try on a shoe. I ended up getting my size, but I had to pull some trades.

Back
Top Bottom