Canadian reselling market, viable?

Hey guys I know we have a huge sneaker following in Canada but do you think there is as much money to be made reselling here as in the states? Seeing all these kids making a business out of it in the states and wondering if it would be as viable in Canada. Opinions? I'm guessing there is, which would lead to my other question, would the market just be saturated at this point?  

Shoes already cost too much here.

I know it's our dollar but it's easier to buy shoes @ $160 and resell them for $250, than to buy for $230 and try to resell for $300+

By getting a real job do you mean taking orders from somebody or sitting in a cubicle 9-5? Nah, I'm good. I can also assure you this a real job with lots of work. It entails finding a sneaker to make a profit on, communicating with buyers/sellers, negotiation skills, internet marketing, website development, taking pictures, shipping & handling, customer service and more.There's nothing wrong with hating resellers but why is it always followed ignorant comments such as |get a real job" lmao.

Last edited:

By getting a real job do you mean taking orders from somebody or sitting in a cubicle 9-5? Nah, I'm good. I can also assure you this a real job with lots of work. It entails finding a sneaker to make a profit on, communicating with buyers/sellers, negotiation skills, internet marketing, website development, taking pictures, shipping & handling, customer service and more.There's nothing wrong with hating resellers but why is it always followed ignorant comments such as |get a real job" lmao.
You're still taking orders from somebody (the buyer).

Speaking of, anyone want to buy my shoes 
laugh.gif

Just depends on where really , Some spots in Canada have 0 shoe culture. Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, i never been towards the east but those are your markets are you located in one of the four?

Definitely a big market in Canada. Not as big as it is in the U.S. but year after year the sneaker culture is growing. We're seeing more and more sneaker shows in different places all around Canada - I wouldn't count out places like BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba; they aren't as big as the Toronto market but there is still a huge sneaker following in those provinces.

Get a real job.
listen to my mans. get a real job, you're taking too much risk. especially since Nike has smartened up and is trying to eliminate the reseller, why do you think there's so many more shoes available now, why do you think the re release retros every 2 years now rather than every 10. Because instead of giving your money to a reseller for their product they just release more of their product so they can reap the benefits.

Really depends on what type of product you plan on offering and what type of return you're expecting. 

If you have a specialized niche where you focus on rare older products, there's a market but not here in Canada.  You'll likely need to focus on the US or Intl business for that but arguably you're already going to be at a disadvantage with the exchange rate, taxes and the cost of goods.  You'll also need to take on the cost of shipping the goods and be weary of credit card/paypal scammers.  

If you're thinking about newer releases, US prices are generally lower at retail versus Canada plus they get better stuff at outlets so it will be hard to compete.  Unless you have a plug or the ability to get a lot of product at a significant discount, you might not make as much profit as you're hoping for.

Locally, you're gonna have to deal with a lot of flakers and ppl who are just *** around wasting your time. But there are ppl making some good coin and this is just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom