capitol hill debate today/ what reparations might look like(whose eligible)

Argument to Moderation

argumentum ad temperantiam

(also known as: middle ground, false compromise, gray fallacy, golden mean fallacy, fallacy of the mean, splitting the difference)

Description: Asserting that given any two positions, there exists a compromise between them that must be correct.

Though we may find the truth unpleasant, neutrality cannot exist between a fact and a falsehood.

cow·ard
/ˈkou(ə)rd/.
  1. a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
So in essence, those who find the truth unpleasant and lack the courage to endure the truth (as displayed by engaging in logical fallacies) can, by this definition, be considered cowards.

The truth cannot be outsmarted.

Choose to do so, and accept everything that comes with that choice...including becoming a coward.

Last edited:
extremist mindset should only be reserved for more micro aspects of life like family and culture.

Politics??? Miss me with that. That’s that 9/11 emotional thinking. fooled me then.. had me all patriotic and ****. Both demo and repub aka repo. You both are crooks.

Culture plays a MAJOR role in politics

That fence riding is cool if you're talking about taste in music or movies or other trivial things like that, but there's no room for it when it comes to matters of basic human decency

If that's extremist then so be it

Getting the money through mortgage, tuition, and full exemption from taxes isn't being against a check or being a sell out.

If you keep fighting the "I want my check" battle, you will NEVER see a dime. It will never pass through congress. If it does pass, you can bet whatever few thousand dollars they give us might pay some bills for you but it will not bring us to the table as equals with purchasing power... Power to influence elections, power to clean up neighborhoods.

Let's say they gave you 80k. You could make that in 4-6 years in taxes not paid if you are making real money. And you'd still be enjoying the benefits the rest of your life and your kids life... Which is the privilege that the white Americans enjoy.

Let's say you start a business and become a millionaire which may be easy to do with support from a newly financially liberated black community... The money you would save in taxes would be many times more than anything you would get in a check. Go back to school. Get educated. So you can use the money wisely.

IMO reparations can come in many forms but the one I am most interested in is the eradication of institutionalised racism / bigotry in all facets of life from the administration of justice on the state and federal levels to the business practices of private industry.

Those that engage in race based policies / discrimination, in any form, must be held accountable...personally and professionally.

Bringing Civil Rights laws in line with reality would be a great start.

Money is most definitely part of reparations but its not the only part.

IMO reparations can come in many forms but the one I am most interested in is the eradication of institutionalised racism / bigotry in all facets of life from the administration of justice on the state and federal levels to the business practices of private industry.

Those that engage in race based policies / discrimination, in any form, must be held accountable...personally and professionally.
Won’t happen in our lifetimes.

Let's say you start a business and become a millionaire which may be easy to do with support from a newly financially liberated black community... The money you would save in taxes would be many times more than anything you would get in a check. Go back to school. Get educated. So you can use the money wisely.

While I agree with you that there are better options than checks saying that starting a business and that it would be easy to become a millionaire is practically Trumpism and frankly ridiculous.

listen...I don't care if ppl feel comfortable or not.
I want my money and the smoke that comes with defending why we all should get checks.
I give 15 f's how ppl feel. cry about it while you give me what is owed to me and my ppl before we take it.

in reality the English govt, the American gov and the Portuguese gov owe black ppl in the united states money. period.

we haven't even broken down how a lot of our ppl were sold to the Caribbean and then resold and brought to the u.s. so dutch, french and Spanish govs we see you too.

I already know i'm extreme in my views so its whatever but ppl need ppl like me to light a fire under our ppl and to let these ppl know we aren't playing around and we know exactly what was done to us and who did it.

Man paid 45 million in settlements :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He might as well off himself
Imagine being such a sexual predator that your ruined your whole life just to get at secretaries and such during work hours. The money isn’t enough. Lock that sick perv away for good or worse. That’s beyond normal behavior.

While I agree with you that there are better options than checks saying that starting a business and that it would be easy to become a millionaire is practically Trumpism and frankly ridiculous.

There are black millionaires already. Giving Diddy.. Kanye.. Rihanna... Oprah... Beyonce... LeBron... Jordan... Income and property tax exemptions would equate to Ms not a couple hundred thousand. LeBron already built one school and offered free tuition . You think he can't do it again? . These people can make massive changes for the black community and many do already. Single check supporter all sound very selfish. "Me not we."

But like I said they poisoned our communities mind set and turned us against each other. If we don't take the positive energy of this win and come together... We will still be seconds class citizens in redrawn districts with no voice in government when the money is spent.

Is becoming a millionaire easy? No. But owning a home is step 1. 80k can get you in a home in some places. Exempt from Property taxes and income taxes would still net you more money in 5 years.

Meh.

Millions of people said the same thing about a Black POTUS, or establishing Civil Rights, or ending Slavery.

Our lifetime or not - as long as we keep pressing forward it will happen.

"Everything that has a beginning, has an end Neo".

Even racism.
But you said ALL facets of life. Racism is way too entrenched into some of these people and institutions for it to be completely eradicated imo. You think everyone in power who is racist is open with their racism? I don’t. I think the most powerful ones and the smartest ones know how to keep it under wraps and dish it out covertly in ways that it affects the lives of minorities without some of us even knowing what hit us.

part of me is kinda scared of reparations.

reparations for us will no doubt result in more pissed white men and we all kno what that means...

reparations for us will no doubt result in more pissed white men and we all kno what that means...
that's the indoctrination in you (not trying to be funny; it affects us all).
its not on us to care about how they feel or what they will do.
we're docile for a reason. they broke our ppl, hijacked religious texts, altered images, etc. and weaponized religion (among other things) to break us and keep us docile.

they want you to be scared of reparations.
we are already hated. we are already being killed for nothing with no consequences.

If they give reparations, black Americans will HAVE to pool their resources and create a true free place for blacks. The reason reparations is owed because the government has been unable to gaurantee black people's safety in this country for centuries. If you got a check, and the world know you got a check you are in even more danger than before.

Don’t be scared champ. Before we get our reparations and what’s owed to us you better practice your 2nd Amendment rights and purchase a gun and get a conceal carry permit if your state allows you to have one. As black people this is something we need to implement in our lives now. We have a God-given right to protect ourselves, it’s time for black people to get understand this.

Don’t be scared champ. Before we get our reparations and what’s owed to us you better practice your 2nd Amendment rights and purchase a gun and get a conceal carry permit if your state allows you to have one. As black people this is something we need to implement in our lives now. We have a God-given right to protect ourselves, it’s time for black people to get understand this.
:nerd:

But you said ALL facets of life. Racism is way too entrenched into some of these people and institutions for it to be completely eradicated imo. You think everyone in power who is racist is open with their racism? I don’t. I think the most powerful ones and the smartest ones know how to keep it under wraps and dish it out covertly in ways that it affects the lives of minorities without some of us even knowing what hit us.

What I said:

"We might not be able to kill the idea of racism but we can damn sure hold people accountable for it!"

Accountability and consequences for racism in all facts of life.

Just because a few racists might escape notice doesn't mean we should allow things to continue as is.

That's called the Nirvana / Perfect Solution Fallacy:

The perfect solution fallacy is a related informal fallacy that occurs when an argument assumes that a perfect solution exists or that a solution should be rejected because some part of the problem would still exist after it were implemented. This is an example of black and white thinking, in which a person fails to see the complex interplay between multiple component elements of a situation or problem, and, as a result, reduces complex problems to a pair of binary extremes

Ex:
These anti-drunk driving ad campaigns are not going to work. People are still going to drink and drive no matter what.
Rebuttal
Complete eradication of drunk driving is not the expected outcome. The goal is reduction.

Confucius: "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without."

Back
Top Bottom