Captain America movie

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Smart of Marvel to go left field again (Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man) and use an actor with some range to play an action hero. I approve.

What has John K. done to prove that he has range?

I said some range. I guess what I mean to say is that he's not just an action movie star that will be thrown in the movie to grunt and spew corny one liners.

He's been in mostly comedies but I've heard that he was decent in Jarheads, though I haven't seen it.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Looks like it could be John Krasinski:

John Krasinski is getting even closer to nabbing the role that could propel him into action hero stardom ... Captain America!

Insiders at the Marvel compound tell Fox 411 that he is close to landing the superhero gig of his life. John, who plays Jim on "The Office," has appeared in front of producers repeatedly since the start of the new year and since rumors began in February.

"John has read 4 times and is doing screen tests," our source tells us. "He has screen tested 2 times so far. It's very likely that he will be the new Captain America. He is a favorite among the key decision makers and has been asked to come back for more this week."

At this point, Krasinski is the main focus at Marvel.

"The big bosses are having him read with multiple actresses up for the female leads. They want to lock down the role and then they will narrow down everyone else."

JIM HALPERT? He's a pretty tall dude, it might work?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

John Krasinski is getting even closer to nabbing the role that could propel him into action hero stardom ... Captain America!

Insiders at the Marvel compound tell Fox 411 that he is close to landing the superhero gig of his life. John, who plays Jim on "The Office," has appeared in front of producers repeatedly since the start of the new year and since rumors began in February.

"John has read 4 times and is doing screen tests," our source tells us. "He has screen tested 2 times so far. It's very likely that he will be the new Captain America. He is a favorite among the key decision makers and has been asked to come back for more this week."

"The big bosses are having him read with multiple actresses up for the female leads. They want to lock down the role and then they will narrow down everyone else."

I agreed with the people who say he could be pre-super serum Cap, but as far THE actual Captain America, I'll have to see it to believe it

i dnt see it been tht goood!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Unless Jim does a "300" type workout, I just can't see it.
as much as I want krasinki to break out and finally become a "star" he has to bulk up, period

starting from now jim better HIT the jim hard, dude has the height on lock

i feel like jim is typecasted. its like seeing that one dude from friends in Band of Brothers... just a joke

The dude from The Office as Captain America?

As of now, I don't dig it. He's too quirky.

He would be making that Jim Halpert face throughout the movie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

He would be making that Jim Halpert face throughout the movie
laugh.gif

Hmm things don't look too good for John/Jim:

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios and director Joe Johnston want to be really sure they’ve found the right actor to star in The First Avenger: Captain America. Marvel has slightly expanded its search — adding actors that I’m told include Chris Evans, who already logged Marvel Comics superhero time as Johnny Storm/Human Torch in two Fantastic Four films.

Of the original contenders, two are still in serious contention: Mike Vogel (Cloverfield) and Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy). Hedlund was on Marvel’s original wish list but didn't test at first. Scheduling was th reason, but I also heard his reps balked when Marvel informed them that the job would include options for 9 future films and a salary of only around $300,000.

It’s not going to work out for the other actors who tested: Chace Crawford (CW's Gossip Girl), John Krasinski (NBC's The Office), Scott Porter (NBC's Friday Night Lights), Michael Cassidy (CW's Privileged) or Patrick Flueger (Brothers). Paramount Pictures will release the film July 22, 2011.

I actually started wondering if Hedlund had been approached to play Cap after seeing the Tron trailer; I don't think they'll be too much of conflict (unlike with Pine who is another favorite) because Legacy is supposed to be a one off.

*@! is wrong with u guys jim cannot carry the weight that RDJ will swing around once Avengers starts. They need someone who can upstage RDJ's iron man on Avengers because Cap IS the leader of the Avengers. I just cannot see it. Id rather have tatum get the role. Him or hell, brad pitt or even matt damon.

Thank god it doesnt look like Jim is going to get it...I picture it being a hot mess if he was cap.

Originally Posted by HOOPERVILAA

*@! is wrong with u guys jim cannot carry the weight that RDJ will swing around once Avengers starts. They need someone who can upstage RDJ's iron man on Avengers because Cap IS the leader of the Avengers. I just cannot see it. Id rather have tatum get the role. Him or hell, brad pitt or even matt damon.
TATUM? CHANNING TATUM? God no. Whyd you say him or "hell even Brad Pitt or even Matt Damon". Like you actually think Channing Tatum is above these guys. You have to be talking about some other Tatum right?

Captain America Casting Update

Source: Heat Vision, Deadline New York

March 9, 2010

On Tuesday, Fox 411 reported that John Krasinski is the frontrunner for The First Avenger: Captain America, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Both Heat Vision and Deadline New York havereceived an update on who Marvel Studios is looking at now for thecoveted role. According to them, Wilson Bethel (HBO's "GenerationKill," "The Young and the Restless"), Mike Vogel (Cloverfield), Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four" movies) and Garrett Hedlund (upcoming Tron Legacy) are reading for the role, have tested or have received test offers.

Actorspreviously reported as testing including Krasinski, Michael Cassidy,Chace Crawford, Scott Porter and Patrick Flueger are no longer underconsideration, say the sites. The part calls for a nine-picture deal,the second of which would be The Avengers.

To be directed by Joe Johnston, The First Avenger: Captain America is scheduled for a July 22, 2011 release.

Weaving to Play the Villain in Captain America?

Source: SuperHeroHype

March 11, 2010

Hugo Weaving ("The Lord of the Rings" and "The Matrix" trilogies) is reportedly in talks to play the villain Red Skull in Marvel Studios' The First Avenger: Captain America.

If he takes on the role, Weaving would be reuniting with The Wolfman director Joe Johnston .

Johnston and the studio are currently casting Steve Rogers/Captain America.

The film is expected to hit theaters on July 22, 2011.

Hugo Weaving ("The Lord of the Rings" and "The Matrix" trilogies) is reportedly in talks to play the villain Red Skull in Marvel Studios' The First Avenger: Captain America.

6622575e515b17eb79e91b2445cc3588dfefc0b.gif

Now we're +%%%+#! talking

Back
Top Bottom