car accident?

Got into a car accident at a 4 way stop. I believe it may be my fault but the cops didn't say, haven't got the accident report yet. I have full coverage so I'm not worried about getting my car fixed but the other driver ended up get arrested on the scene for a suspended license, am I still liable for her damages?

I'm in NY btw

Last edited:
Maybe depending on the state law.........you just might get off   ........don't hold me to that.....good luck getting a new ride that's always fun
wink.gif

Unfortunantly her not having a license won't matter. If your at fault, you will still owe for her damages. The accident report doesn't always matter either because an officer can not determine liability. The insurance company will most likely take statement to determine who is at fault.

I'm not sure - but looking at this situation legally, how will you be at fault if technically she was not even suppose to be driving?

But another way of looking at it, regardless if she was supposes to be there or not, you need to be vigilant of your surrounding. Kind of like blaming your kids for leaving their toys on the floor, if you would of have been paying attention you would not have trip over them.

Who knows .. Ask your insurance company!

Unfortunantly her not having a license won't matter. If your at fault, you will still owe for her damages. The accident report doesn't always matter either because an officer can not determine liability. The insurance company will most likely take statement to determine who is at fault.

yeah I guess I'll find out but I was thinking how can someone with a suspended license have insurance? is that possible?

why do you think you're at fault?

my pops told me I was suppose to give the cops my side first but I'm more laid back, and she had "witnesses" could easily had told the cops some other mess

I'm not sure - but looking at this situation legally, how will you be at fault if technically she was not even suppose to be driving?

But another way of looking at it, regardless if she was supposes to be there or not, you need to be vigilant of your surrounding. Kind of like blaming your kids for leaving their toys on the floor, if you would of have been paying attention you would not have trip over them.

Who knows .. Ask your insurance company!

If I trip over my kid's toy I'm yelling at him honestly that isn't my fault :lol: but yeah from what I got she was driving illegally and wasn't suppose to be on the road this accident wouldn't of happen

others say it doesn't matter that she was driving illegally if I caused the accident

I'm just wondering if her getting arrested makes a difference? does that look better for me?

You still haven't given details of what actually happened at the 4 way stop

Back
Top Bottom