Car/BMW People Help

alright I have an 01 325i

I want to trade it, there is about 2-3k that i'll have to still pay off

now, I'm lookin for an X5 an 03 probably (i know a girl car, but a baby seat needs to be in my car, so..)

I went to the dealer and they said I'd be lookin at payin 400 a month, which is ok if I have to

Should I not be lookin to pay that much and were they tryin to get more out of me?

Credit has gone down a bit from the first car loan, but i've been paying off the car all the time, and its with the same dealership/bank

Other question..

The 325i hasn't been all that great, is an x5 reliable and without problems?

And if someone could, explain leasing to me..and if that is a decent option
nerd.gif

Thanks

Thats actually a good deal.

I just got the 335i over thanksgiving, Leased it also
The only thing is if your getting it from BMW dealership there gonnna make you drop cake before hand.
I got 36 month lease, im paying around $510 month with taxes and everything. The thing is the money due at signing at down payment will kill you because therehigh
and dont be fooled if they offer the first two months are on them
laugh.gif

With the warranty i never even worry about problems, especially with leasing

Cam what are terms with your lease, like the miles or whatever..?

and nah I'm not doin it through BMW, I can't put that much down right now

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Cam what are terms with your lease, like the miles or whatever..?

and nah I'm not doin it through BMW, I can't put that much down right now

10,000 a year. Once you go over that i think they charge like .20 cents a mile EEkkkkkk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

Thats actually a good deal.

I just got the 335i over thanksgiving, Leased it also
The only thing is if your getting it from BMW dealership there gonnna make you drop cake before hand.
I got 36 month lease, im paying around $510 month with taxes and everything. The thing is the money due at signing at down payment will kill you because there high
and dont be fooled if they offer the first two months are on them
laugh.gif

With the warranty i never even worry about problems, especially with leasing

eek.gif
that much down for a lease...they some crooks!

Yeah with this place I'm dealin the warranty didn't last too long

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/bmw-x5-cars246182588?start=76&modelyearub=2004&modelyearlb=2002&location=Malden,%20MA%2002148&listingtype=used&distance=50&model=x5&make=bmw

just based off miles, year and price....does that look straight for a deal?

I really gota read up on some stuff, I got taken last time
tired.gif

Theres only so much you can tell by the looks of the car, 50k miles is not bad at all for 4 years but it depends alot on how the driver kept the car. Ifthe car is working fine and everythings been kept up to date then i would say its a good deal. Is 400 a month what the dealer offered or did you talk him down?if not try an work with him because more than likely he can pull some strings to make your monthly lower

Nah that's not the one, there isn't a specific one I've targeted yet

400 I'm straight with considering theres still a few grand I need to pay off on this. That's what he told me first, so yeah, ill have to try to getthat down.

By the way cam, you got a real job
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
....that proof of income was a little tricky for me to work around with the bank

Nah that's not the one, there isn't a specific one I've targeted yet

400 I'm straight with considering theres still a few grand I need to pay off on this. That's what he told me first, so yeah, ill have to try to get that down.

By the way cam, you got a real job
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
....that proof of income was a little tricky for me to work around with the bank

laugh.gif
All ima say is if my girl breaks up with me in the next 3years... OWNED
laugh.gif

I also have an 02 325i and thinking of getting a 335i on a lease. But I looked around and I get an 05 or 06 M3 and I will actually be paying less.

That lease sounds about right, but IMO you can probably get a better deal with an Acura RDX or an MDX...which looks better and rides better than an X5.

I've got a 2003 BMW X5 3.0i. X5s are very reliable just as all other BMWs, just as long as you keep up with maintenance and you actually pay attention tothe car itself. Oh yeah. The X5 is by no means a "girl car" if you mod it up a bit. Here are some pics of my car.

Revving It Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7rZjz1dEYM

Drive Off @ Full Throttle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmKAFVi_Ld8

I'm actually planning on selling it though 'cause I want a smaller car.

They are offering 2.9% financing on CPO 04's right now. Just traded in the wife's Mini Cooper S for an 04 X3. She did not want a big SUV, justsomething bigger than a Mini to be able to fit a car seat and stroller. Dealers will always screw you on trade in, you may want to try and sell the 325privately first and then use the money as a down payment. And you really should be looking at the purchase price of the car and not how much your payments aregoing to be.

Thanks.

but since I still owe money on the current car, how would selling it privately work?

Thanks.

but since I still owe money on the current car, how would selling it privately work?
You would have to find out your payoff amount and most likely include your bank in the purchase. If the buyer is financing the car with his/her ownbank they most likely will be able to do the transfer of title and you would get the balance after the current lien holder is paid off. If they are paying cashyou would need to call your bank and find out when they would release the title to you so the new owner would be able to register/put the car in their name.

Thanks.

it depends. But you could actually get a better deal through that route, get an estimated BB value and sell it a 1k or 2k below that. (just depends on thecondition and mods)

trade-in value is usually 30%-40% less of than a BB value.
I am also trying to get rid of my car through that route...
pics.
34zismo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom