DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

marvel should have gave reynolds an exclusive deal so he cant do it. dc needs to move on with a better green lantern

yea pa kent dying for no reason takes 2 points off the movie for me
Didn't seem off to me.
I easily wrote it off as that's how strongly he felt the world wasn't ready for supes...
Ol man from Kansas, prolly raised in the church, knew dang well enough how supes redefines "in god we trust"... to say the least.
that's just me tho.

1603717785799.png

1603717832817.png

I mean it’s not the only movie that’s been pushed back because of the pandemic. Do you have point you were trying to make? Jurrasic world dominion got pushed to 2022

Another DC film setback. We were promised Batfleck getting a solo, then he dropped out and Pattinson got pushed to the forefront. Suit reveal here, trailer there and the consensus looks past Battfleck. Then out of nowhere there are rumblings of Batffleck coming back, now he actually IS back for a JL remake, an appearance in a Flash film and there is even discussion of him still getting a solo film through streaming or a full fledged film while Pattinson’s batfilm is now playing the caboose. We deserve a cohesive film universe but I digress. I know a dumpster fire when I see one. Irony is I don’t like either one as Batman but the Pattinson move was a knee jerk reaction that DC is now going to have to answer for.

DC should say **** the shared universe. By the time they catch up to Marvel’s 08-19 run they will have done something else they want to copy and they’ll always be playing catch-up

Have multiple universes going. Pattinson can tell young Batman stories and Affleck can go on HBO Max with Batman Inc/older Batman. Same with GL Corps movie and the GL show

Another DC film setback. We were promised Batfleck getting a solo, then he dropped out and Pattinson got pushed to the forefront. Suit reveal here, trailer there and the consensus looks past Battfleck. Then out of nowhere there are rumblings of Batffleck coming back, now he actually IS back for a JL remake, an appearance in a Flash film and there is even discussion of him still getting a solo film through streaming or a full fledged film while Pattinson’s batfilm is now playing the caboose. We deserve a cohesive film universe but I digress. I know a dumpster fire when I see one. Irony is I don’t like either one as Batman but the Pattinson move was a knee jerk reaction that DC is now going to have to answer for.
all I read was I don’t like this and something about a dumpster fire. The fact is almost every movie is getting delayed that was supposed to come in 2021. If you want to have your theories then so be it. Pattinson Batman will be fine but we know you made your mind up

Last edited:
DC should say **** the shared universe. By the time they catch up to Marvel’s 08-19 run they will have done something else they want to copy and they’ll always be playing catch-up

Have multiple universes going. Pattinson can tell young Batman stories and Affleck can go on HBO Max with Batman Inc/older Batman. Same with GL Corps movie and the GL show

this is pretty much what they're doing

They really should've done a few Crisis movies.

They're finally getting the right idea calling up Keaton and possibly the other Batman actors. Should've been done this after they saw Snyder's attempt crash and burn.

Might get beat out at that too if Sony does a live-action Spiderverse first.

Last edited:

“Prior to Justice League’s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained—on multiple occasions—by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures,” Fisher stated. “Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich.” Emmerich, Berg, and Johns did not immediately respond for comment.

“I realized that the notes I ended up getting from Johns during reshoots were just a coded version of the racist things he was saying with behind closed doors with the other execs,” Fisher alleged.

“A lot of what these guys were doing was in an effort to prevent themselves from being fired during AT&T’s merger with Time Warner,” Fisher pointed out to Forbes. “I plan getting much more specific about each of these guys after the investigation is over—this interview is just the abridged version,” Fisher further clarified.

While Fisher was already aware of the alleged whitewashing, he didn't become aware of these racist conversations until after he started speaking out.

“These conversations were reported to me by people in the room. And I wasn’t made aware until AFTER I had already spoken out about Joss Whedon.”

“None of what I’m sharing in this interview is news to Warner Bros. HR, nor should it be news to WarnerMedia. I reported almost everything to them back in July—including Emmerich’s involvement,” Fisher said. “The fact that I’m having to advocate for myself in this way is equal parts freeing and frustrating.”

Outside of Fisher, multiple actors of color had their roles completely removed or heavily-reduced in Justice League.

The role of Ryan Choi, played by Zheng Kai, was cut. Joe Morton, who played Cyborg’s father Silas, had his role mostly cut and reshot. While Zack Snyder included a diverse cast of characters, many of them had roles significantly altered, or disappeared from the film altogether before it arrived in theaters. Karen Bryson, who played Cyborg’s mother Ellinore, had her role cut as well. Additionally, Kiersey Clemons, who played Iris West, was removed from the film. All of them will appear in 2021’s Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD Director James Gunn Reveals That Helming A SUPERMAN Movie Was "A Possibility"

During an interview with Empire, Gunn confirmed that he found out he would be able to return to Marvel Studios make Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 just one day after he’d already agreed to board The Suicide Squad. When asked how Kevin Feige took the news, Gunn said he asked: “Is it Superman?” when he told him he was going to direct a DC movie, before confirming that it "was a possibility" to the mag.

The filmmaker didn't elaborate, and we have no idea if this would have been a direct sequel toMan of Steel or a brand new take on the character. Either way, it would seem to confirm that WB was, up until recently, tentatively developing a new Superman project.

As for Feige's response to Gunn telling him he'd be directing a follow-up to Suicide Squad? “Please, please make a good movie. Just… make a great movie.”

I coulda swore when Suicide Squad was released in theaters, Ayers swore up and down that this was his version of the film.

Back
Top Bottom