Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping his lawyers butt

Dude I've read all of your comments so far, and it seems like you have a genuine dislike of ocho cinco to say the least.

I don't know what your deal is with your hate for the man, or your love for the authority figure, whatever.

I'm not even a ocho cinco fan but there's something not right about this.

Other than that guaranteed the guy would have gotten 30 days anyway if he hugged his defense lawyer and everybody started laughing.

You're bringing up the past situations for a split decision that was made in the present. NO EXCUSES!
Lol really? Y'all just don't get it. When you're a kid, your parents control you, when you're in school, your teacher controls you, when you're on the street, the police control you, and when you're in the court room, the judge controls you. Do I like the fact that I can't speed on the highway without getting a ticket? No, but I do what I'm supossed to, to avoid getting in trouble. Do what you're supossed to and avoid everything, that's the moral of the story. You want to chance things...... Well.... This is what might happen.

Y'all arguing that the judge is mean is comedy. Damn right that was harsh but she runs it and she is the final say. They can agree to whatever prior to the court date but until its official nothing is final.

Again, he shouldn't of hit a women no matter who it is. He shouldn't of violated his probation, and he shouldn't of smack his lawyers ***. Why is all so hard to understand? Yet you blame the judge for being mean? Everyone controls their actions which means they control their own fate. Everything that happened, is happening, and is going to happen in your life while you have the intellect to control it is all your fault.

Last edited:
Take someones freedom for 30 days if you feel disrespected by them I wonder If we can all do that.
Become a judge and get a person in front of you in a court of law. Any sort of disrespect can be dealt with however you feel. It's the law.
Yep, as a judge you always gotta make sure everyone knows you have the biggest c*ck in the room. Because it's the law...
Disrespect the judge or the court, you gonna get slapped with it too.

^ you won't get an answer for this. he didn't slap his butt. he tapped it in acknowledge meant of his appreciation. ever so slightly.

like on a scale of 1-10 the subtleness was clearly a 1. if people blinked they wouldn't have even saw it.

:lol: yall weird. Dude clearly did it in a jokin manner

Which is why everyone including the damn lawyer was laughing at it. You dont tap no grown man in no suit in a courtroom on the *** fam. Period.

Not if you want to be taken serious that is.

Chad played one too many times and he just ran into the wrong judge this time.

She coulda let it slide Yes....

She also could have not taken the damn plea deal in the first place...

Judge is God in the courtroom. If u ever been in that position u know to chill the hell out

:lol: at nearly everybody sticking up for him. wow :smh:

I would have done the same thing..celeb/athletes always have that arrogant attitude because they know they get off with a slap on the wrist half the time.

but that's besides the point..

You should be as humble as you can be and grateful the ruling isn't harsh. Save the celebration for the parking lot.

Last edited:
How about the part when a grown man hit a woman? That make it better?

How about the part where she was about to let him off up until that slap? If no one had laughed would he be serving 30 days?

How about the part when a grown man hit a woman? That make it better?

How about the part where she was about to let him off up until that slap? If no one had laughed would he be serving 30 days?

Word, it was the laughs that made her mad . . . it wasn't his fault they laughed​

I know not everyone one of you has been in a courtroom but I would like to assume that you all have been in a classroom. At some point in your educational career you must have encountered a class clown, if you weren't one yourself. I'm sure you witnessed a time where the class clown did something that wasn't THAT bad, or the teacher may not have even witnessed, but because of his reputation as the class clown combined with the laughter of the other students, which disrupted the class, the teacher reacted with a seemingly harsh punishment.

This is no different. I'm not saying that either is right but this is something that could have been avoided. I'm aware that detention is different from a 30 day sentence but also realize that firing a spitball at a classmate is different than head butting a woman.

For those of you worried about the abusive power if judges and Draconian punishments, just do one thing: Stay out of trouble. It's simple.

Now that I have read some of y'all comments, I do think the judge overreacted a tad bit too much. She felt like the court was showing up on her and Chad had turned it into a TV based court of law show. Regardless, Chad Johnson absolutely perpetuates what continues to plague my people, my beautiful Black people. #NoFrank.
This "I Ain't Worried About Nothin" attitude and persona has to stop! You already look foolish being in a courtroom when you should be training for the upcoming NFL season. Instead you have increased the percentage and statistics of Black males being incarcerated. Whew, I don't-I don't even wanna get started. Lemme start y'all.

Ego.

Now that I have read some of y'all comments, I do think the judge overreacted a tad bit too much. She felt like the court was showing up on her and Chad had turned it into a TV based court of law show. Regardless, Chad Johnson absolutely perpetuates what continues to plague my people, my beautiful Black people. #NoFrank.
This "I Ain't Worried About Nothin" attitude and persona has to stop! You already look foolish being in a courtroom when you should be training for the upcoming NFL season. Instead you have increased the percentage and statistics of Black males being incarcerated. Whew, I don't-I don't even wanna get started. Lemme start y'all.

..What?

This is BS. Abuse of power is NEVER appropriate...

I think some people are so used to draconian governance that they don't even understand when their basic human rights are being violated. It's a form of mental bondage.

This is the post of the week. It is as well stated in it's style as it is scary in it's content.

In my activity as a community organizer, I work with the poor, the marginalized and people of color and they are both the greatest victims of a capricious and vindictive legal system and the people who seem most at peace with it. All I can conclude is that these communities have been broken and it is hard to see tyranny not only legitimized but turned into something banal and beyond questioning.

:lol: yall weird. Dude clearly did it in a jokin manner

Which is why everyone including the damn lawyer was laughing at it. You dont tap no grown man in no suit in a courtroom on the *** fam. Period.

Not if you want to be taken serious that is.

Chad played one too many times and he just ran into the wrong judge this time.

She coulda let it slide Yes....

She also could have not taken the damn plea deal in the first place...

Judge is God in the courtroom. If u ever been in that position u know to chill the hell out

QFT

When it comes to the court system....You must I repeat You must be strictly BUSINESS that clowning is for fools.....You gone learn today
mean.gif

It's a borderline type situation. She was admittedly offended by the laughing, yet she said nothing to reprimand the audience. I'd honestly side with the judge more if she would have addressed everyone in the court. But that seemed like she took his gesture as a struggle for crowd's attention.

Ego.
..What?

What is it that is hard for you to grasp around my post?

Lol really? Y'all just don't get it. When you're a kid, your parents control you, when you're in school, your teacher controls you, when you're on the street, the police control you, and when you're in the court room, the judge controls you. Do I like the fact that I can't speed on the highway without getting a ticket? No, but I do what I'm supossed to, to avoid getting in trouble. Do what you're supossed to and avoid everything, that's the moral of the story. You want to chance things...... Well.... This is what might happen.

[COLOR=#red]Y'all arguing that the judge is mean is comedy.[/COLOR] Damn right that was harsh but she runs it and she is the final say. They can agree to whatever prior to the court date but until its official nothing is final.

Again, he shouldn't of hit a women no matter who it is. He shouldn't of violated his probation, and he shouldn't of smack his lawyers ***. Why is all so hard to understand? Yet you blame the judge for being mean? Everyone controls their actions which means they control their own fate. Everything that happened, is happening, and is going to happen in your life while you have the intellect to control it is all your fault.

You arguing in the judge favor is comedy.
I seen you didn't deny or confirm that maybe you have some deep seeded issues with Mr. 85, even though it's clearly obvious you do.

I don't see this conversation going anywhere further because you're just going to still have this blind bias that Authority is right and you just need to follow, I guess that works for you.

Best of luck to you mr jordan23.com

Last edited:
Honestly... she overreacted. He can't control others laughing and disrespecting her courtroom. The disrespect was shown through the immaturity of the individuals laughing in the courtroom. Not Chad, in fact he didnt appear to laugh through any of it.... :smh:

You arguing in the judge favor is comedy.
I seen you didn't deny or confirm that maybe you have some deep seeded issues with Mr. 85, even though it's clearly obvious you do.

I don't see this conversation going anywhere further because you're just going to still have this blind bias that Authority is right and you just need to follow, I guess that works for you.

Best of luck to you mr jordan23.com
Lol I don't care if its chad , or an 80 year old lady, who did it. Why would I have hate towards him? I don't know him, do you? If following blindly means knowing my rights and knowing when to shut my mouth to avoid problems and knowing when to do what the law tells me when needed, then yes, I'm following blindly. You want to fight the system be my guest but the court room with your freedom on the line is not the time or place. He did a bone head, class clown type thing. So he got out in detention like a child would, only for the instance it's jail.

Last edited:
watching that video and looking at chad's demeanor, it doesn't look like he did it to crack a joke. it was so subtle. i guarantee she didn't even see it. she just heard the crowd laughing, assumed chad did something outrageous and felt disrespected by him. power trip 101

Just read through some of these responses. I sure hope none of you dudes ever go to court.

You're gonna get run through the mill.

You're failing to realize a court room is ALL BUSINESS. There is NO room for ANY kind of fun, comedy, etc.

I'm not arguing the penalty wasn't harsh, but its HER court room. You all are just not getting it.

And its not like he got a 30 days sentence for failing to appear on a traffic ticket. Whether you think its a legit charge or not he's there for an assault charge and a warrant for failing to do what the court ordered you to do. THATS ON CHAD. Not his lawyer, not his momma. CHAD. He should know what he has to do to get through this and he FAILED. Repeatedly. Then did this.

And its not like he got a 30 days sentence for failing to appear on a traffic ticket. Whether you think its a legit charge or not he's there for an assault charge and a warrant for failing to do what the court ordered you to do. THATS ON CHAD. Not his lawyer, not his momma. CHAD. He should know what he has to do to get through this and he FAILED. Repeatedly. Then did this.

i think you're missing the point. even with all that chad did wrong, he had a plea deal in place. it wasn't until the court started laughing at his gesture did the judge decide chad was being disrespectful (in my opinion he wasn't) and completely tossed his plea deal. that's what we have a problem with. nothing changed other than she felt disrespected, and basically put a man in jail for 30 days because of it

Just read through some of these responses. I sure hope none of you dudes ever go to court.

You're gonna get run through the mill.

You're failing to realize a court room is ALL BUSINESS. There is NO room for ANY kind of fun, comedy, etc.

I'm not arguing the penalty wasn't harsh, but its HER court room. You all are just not getting it.

I agree with what you're saying... but the only person I saw laughing in the video was the courtroom official (bailiff) Are you saying them laughing out of immaturity is somehow Chad's fault? Would you have burst out in laughter if you saw that in a courtroom? Seriously I saw no joke, or attempt at comedy here, just an immature bailiff.

i think you're missing the point. even with all that chad did wrong, he had a plea deal in place. it wasn't until the court started laughing at his gesture did the judge decide chad was being disrespectful (in my opinion he wasn't) and completely tossed his plea deal. that's what we have a problem with. nothing changed other than she felt disrespected, and basically put a man in jail for 30 days because of it

I believe you are failing to see the point. Its not up to YOU or anyone else.

The judge felt disrespected in HER court room. Whether you like it or not thats the LAW. Its HER court room.

If he waited 5 minutes he could of done anything he wanted. No Chad had to be Chad and do something "different." Well being different cost him 30 days of his life.

I agree with what you're saying... but the only person I saw laughing in the video was the courtroom official (bailiff) Are you saying them laughing out of immaturity is somehow Chad's fault? Would you have burst out in laughter if you saw that in a courtroom? Seriously I saw no joke, or attempt at comedy here, just an immature bailiff.

I saw both bailiffs and heard atleast a half dozen more laughs if not more.

Not saying I wouldn't have laughed. It was funny. BUT NOT IN A COURT ROOM. It shouldn't have been done PERIOD.

I've been in court more than I've ever liked and that thought NEVER crossed my mind. I wanted to get out ASAP.

^Oh be quiet with that "no one gets it" nonsense. We all get it, it's plain as day, you don't have superior insight on this. I see nothing wrong with arguing the rationale and fairness of it.

again, its not about being fair.

you want me to see the other side when there is no other side.

Penalty was harsh but he really cannot do anything except say yes your honor or no your honor

Back
Top Bottom