Chamillionaire About New Album, "I Gotta Hit A Home Run Or I Probably Won't Be Doing This Anymore"

[h2]Exclusive: SOHH Exclusive: Chamillionaire "Realistic" About New Album, "I Gotta Hit A Home Run Or I Probably Won't Be Doing This[Anymore]"[/h2]
Written by Danica Dow

Sun, 16 Nov 2008 06:00:00 Z

chamillionaire-2008-08-26-300x300.jpg

On the eve of the release of the "Mixtape Messiah 5," SOHH caught up with Chamillionaire to talk about his upcoming majorlabel album, Venom, and why it may be his last.

Less than 3 months after dropping the "Mixtape Messiah 4" Chamillionaire will release the fifth installment of the popular series on November 23rd. The Houston based rapper told SOHH that he's pushing out street music in hopes that his fans will reciprocate by purchasing his upcoming,Universal Records release, Venom.

"My thing is OK I'ma give y'all what y'all want," he said. "All y'all have to do is just support my records when they come out.Support my album because honestly this time around I gotta hit a home run. If I don't, I'm very realistic with myself. I probably won't be doingthis," Chamillionaire revealed.

Though his second studio album, Ultimate Victory, was well received by critics and Chamillionaire says he made money off of it, the LP only sold79,000 copies its first week. "I could say that I don't care about sales but I won't be here if I don't start caring," he said. "The way that this world works, success is the only thing that people remember. So whatever people call success, I need that."

In order to make this third full-length album a success, Cham is planning to shed his nice, humble rapper image and instead take on the persona of a rapper whowas bit by a venomous spider. "Honestly a lot of times people don't' pay attention to that guy. The good guy gets overlooked, " he said. "I'm coming with the venom. I'm not playing no games."

Venom does not have a release date as of yet but Cham has already been collaborating with producers who make "commercially street music,"like DJ Montae, Drumma Boy, the J.U.S.T.I.C.E.League and Mannie Fresh. He also tappedAtlanta rapper Ludacris to appear on the first single, "Creepin' (Solo)."

Chamillionaire says that Venom has an "element of danger" but that doesn't mean that he'll be reneging on his policy of not usingcurse words in his music.

"I will never go back on that," he said. "When I say something I don't change it. I don't want to make a big campaign out of it [but]I'm a man of morals. If you don't stand for something in this world then what the heck is your purpose?"

For now, Chamillionaire thinks that his purpose is to provide his fans with catchy original music but if Venom is not a big success he won'thesitate to move on to another means of making money.

"I'm a hustler, I'ma get money but I'ma move on to something that's gonna make money," he admitted. "Right now music does makemoney for me. I still get big checks but when they stop then I can't say I'm still gon' be doing this.

"Mixtape Messiah 5" will be available on Sunday November 23rd.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

he gotta back to old cham to hit a homer...

this clean image !%!! is basically like goin up to bat wit the options of bunt or strike out...

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

[h2]"I will never go back on that," he said. "When I say something I don't change it. I don't want to make a big campaign out of it [but] I'm a man of morals. If you don't stand for something in this world then what the heck is your purpose?"
[/h2]
As much as I commend this, he is in the wrong business. I mean, every secular rapper curses and talks about negative things, so his policy,although of high standard, is almost distant from the industry he is in, unfortunately.

He's still the old Cham in different ways. So yall want him to start rapping about nonsense such as cursing all the time and talk about negative things?He's an humble rapper, cause that's who he is. I'm glad he's that kind of person, because he's true to himself. IMO, he's one of thefew realest rappers left and doesn't need to go rapping about nonsense.

And clean image thing? It's not an image homie.

Whenever this drops, I'm getting 3-5 copies real talk. Cham is my favorite rapper and I've been rollin' with dude ever since he started in 1998. Ihope he doesn't decide to quit, or else I'll be on depressed dude.
smh.gif
NH.

Boomatic206 - I'm not sure if it's a free DL or not, I'm trying to figure out myself also.
laugh.gif

And Cham never really cursed in the first place. Sure he'll drop a few N bombs and a COUPLE curse words, but he never really cursed throughout his career.

I think some of his best verses were on Get Your Mind Correct with Paul Wall. "My Money Gets Jealous" and "N Luv With My Money" are FIRE

NikeFlightposite - Well there's alot of good songs, but I'll give you a list of some of my personal favorite ones.

Chamillionaire - Won't Let You Down.
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory (The song, not the album.)
Chamillionaire - Void In My Life.
Chamillionaire Ft. Killer Mike & Pastor Troy - Southern Takeover.
eek.gif

Chamillionaire Ft. Scarface - Rain.
Chamillionaire - The Morning News.
Chamillionaire - The Evening News.
Chamillionaire Ft. Pimp C - Welcome To The South.

This isn't his old school stuff, I'll probably edit later if you want me to add them.

hit a home run ????well i guess anything is possible if lil wayne sold 3 million copies of the carter 3......i dont personally see this doing major numberstho....

Cham is my boy
And I check for him alot
But in order for him to hit a home run
He has to put out better singles
Cause the first single for Ultimate Victory was a definite no no
I mean it had Slick Rick on it
But it wasn't a good single period

If Cham can put out a much better single
Then Venom should at least push for gold

In order to make this third full-length album a success, Cham is planning to shed his nice, humble rapper image and instead take on the persona of a rapper who was bit by a venomous spider. "Honestly a lot of times people don't' pay attention to that guy. The good guy gets overlooked, " he said. "I'm coming with the venom. I'm not playing no games."

finally.

he got lucky when he went plat the 1st time....that single blew up like hell....because he didnt sell much off his first single w/ lil flip

tony AYOOO - Anything is possible homie.

xXJaguar25Xx - You got a point, because most people (kids) these days listen to buncha nonsense. But he released the "Creepin' Solo" single withLudacris so far.

iHateTimeDotCom -
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Amusing, amusing.

He sings his choruses, what you want him to do? Rap his choruses everytime? The singing he does is pretty nice on the choruses for the most part homie.

He likes screwed music. There's a reason why he released a chopped and screwed version of Sound Of Revenge and a couple songs off of Mixtape Messiah 4.

Also, losing his OG fanbase? There's plenty of Chamillionaire fans around Houston, but if you think he "lost" his steez, than that's just himevolving as a rapper, but he still got the OG King Koopa in him.

But believe what you wanna believe.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WinstonDon

he got lucky when he went plat the 1st time....that single blew up like hell....because he didnt sell much off his first single w/ lil flip

He went gold off of that single.

^ props. finally someone who knows what they're talking about.

^ Word.

laugh.gif
At Chamillionaire haters.

The "Internet Nerds Revenge" track is for yall.
roll.gif

But like he said.. Don't kill yourself haters, we need people like you.

damn that is sad but he shouldn't quit....... that shows that the rap game is at a bad point.
tired.gif

mayne all these ppl in these thread hating on cham
CHAM WILL be hit a homer

im gonna cop atleast 5 copys
these dude is the realest rapper in the game PERIOD.

every song he raps about has a purpose, dude is a beast in the game and its sad that he might go cause a bunch of immuture teenagers like my age listen tononsence like solja boy,lil wayne, and plies.

Cham will hit a GRAND SLAM IN THE WORLD SERIES IN GAME 7 IN THE BOTTOM OF 9TH INNING WITH THE "VENOM"

if yall somehow never heard get ya mind correct go dl it...its him and paul wall

other mixtapes that i would highly reccomend

chamillitary
man on fire
mixtape messiah (1&2) everyones heard 3 and 4
the truth

if chamillionaire starts goin at it like he used to im def gonna cop more than 1 copy

Back
Top Bottom