Chances of me winning a Paypal Dispute for Counterfeit Shoes? *Update-fake Nike Invoice?*

Bought a few pairs of shoes from eBay that turned out to be fakes (almost positive).  Just filed the claim this morning, what are the chances Paypal will side in my favor?

The shoes didn't come with the shoe inserts and the boxes were pretty damaged, they also came from Shanghai when the eBay seller is located in Canada. 

I googled the sender name on the shipping label, and a ton of scam results popped up.  Anybody have any tips/tricks to win these cases??

Shanghai Bangze Kitchen Ware google search:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shang...s-Online-Store-is-FRAUD-Minhang-China-1045969

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/shang...e-ischengyu-I-purchased-a-pair-of-sho-1001835

among many others...

Do I have a solid case?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you paid with credit card, file a claim with your credit card company ASAP. They will get your money back from PayPal.

you didint know they were fake to begin with? i would believe if you bought one shoe from the seller but u purchased more than one pair at a cheap price, you didnt find anything odd about that. 

If you paid with credit card, file a claim with your credit card company ASAP. They will get your money back from PayPal.
I paid with my AMEX, and was going to call them as a last resort.  Won't Paypal close my account if I do that?

you didint know they were fake to begin with? i would believe if you bought one shoe from the seller but u purchased more than one pair at a cheap price, you didnt find anything odd about that. 
They were Roshe Runs.  I have been able to find some steals on there just by punching in the style code in the search box.  I've secured authentic pairs from international sellers, but this one was a lemon.

I paid with my AMEX, and was going to call them as a last resort.  Won't Paypal close my account if I do that?

PayPal is not a real bank so to speak and it's known for being sketchy at times. But it should be your first action to call your credit card, not last. Plus Amex is the best at dealing wit these situations. Why would PayPal close your account? You are filing a claim in which you were legitimately ripped off. I think you should've contacted the seller first, and if he was not cooperative in accepting a return then you should've fled a claim with PayPal and your credit card simultaneously.

PayPal is not a real bank so to speak and it's known for being sketchy at times. But it should be your first action to call your credit card, not last. Plus Amex is the best at dealing wit these situations. Why would PayPal close your account? You are filing a claim in which you were legitimately ripped off. I think you should've contacted the seller first, and if he was not cooperative in accepting a return then you should've fled a claim with PayPal and your credit card simultaneously.
I think Paypal gets goofy if you flat out file a chargeback.  They encourage you to use their resolution center, which is BS.

He responded to my claims by sending me a Nike receipt.  It doesn't seem legit to me, and even if it is, it doesn't show the sellers name/address anywhere.

take the shoes to a nike store so they can verify its authenticity or post pics of the show in the nike pc/legit fourm

shoes ended up being fake.

filed chargeback, won.

now WTH do I do with these fakes? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom