Chicago for a few days. Suggestions for bars and restaurants?

I'll be in Chicago from Saturday-Wednesday. Looking to get some suggestions on bars and restaurants.  I'm from Cali.  I'm into gastropubs and bars with a speakeasy type feel.  Also looking for some bars that play decent hip hop.  No clubs though.  Any suggestions you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.  

I'm staying downtown at Acme Hotel so any suggestions for around there, old town, the loop and west loop.  I was in Chicago a few months ago and already knocked out wicker park, lincoln park, lincoln square.

I've already checked out Au Coeval, Purple Pig, Eataly during my last trip.  

Also going to the Bulls Wizards game so place to grab a drink before and after by the United Center?

Thanks.  

No offense but you sticking to a pretty weak part of the city.

Hit Simone's on 18th in Pilsen if you get a chance.  

First time going to Chicago.... How is the weather right now ? I'm coming from Cali 65-85 and I'm scared of not taking enough warm clothes since Cali doesn't really get a winter here except for like the middle of January . Will I be good with a long sleeve and hoody ?

Last edited:
Weather in chicago is otw to real chilly.. I would bring the heaviest hoody you have and any long sleeves shirts that you have. Highs of 60 with super strong winds.

i will also be in chicago from july7-11 near little italy/university village. im really a big fan of deep dish. what are some good spots? also i know there are some good hot dog spots. any suggestions? also if anyone knows of any bars ? thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom