China Plans Huge Buses That Can DRIVE OVER Cars (PHOTOS)

balloonoboy

Banned
China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of greenhouse gases and biggest energy consumer.

But the country is also thinking in big and bold ways when it comes to how it will reduce pollution and a new plan to build a "straddling bus" is among the most space-age schemes yet.

In an effort to go green and relieve congestion without widening roads, the Shenzhen Huashi Future Parking Equipment company is developing a "3D Express Coach" (also known as a "three-dimensional fast bus").
CHINA-BUS.jpg
The innovation will allow cars less than 2 meters high to travel underneath the upper level of the vehicle, which will be carrying passengers (PHOTOS).
According to China Hush, the 6-meter-wide 3D Express Coach will be powered by a combination of electricity and solar energy, and will be able to travel up to 60 kilometers per hour carrying some 1200 to 1400 passengers.
CHINA-BUS.jpg
The first 115 miles of track is set for construction in Beijing's Mentougou district starting in late 2010. The Chairman of the Huashi Future Parking Equipment company boasts it will take only a year and 500 million yuan (around $73 million) to build the futuristic transportation system.
CHINA-BUS.jpg

slide_9151_121536_large.jpg

slide_9151_121537_large.jpg

slide_9151_121538_large.jpg

slide_9151_121541_large.jpg

This could be genius or a fail of epic proportions.  ​

China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of greenhouse gases and biggest energy consumer.

But the country is also thinking in big and bold ways when it comes to how it will reduce pollution and a new plan to build a "straddling bus" is among the most space-age schemes yet.

In an effort to go green and relieve congestion without widening roads, the Shenzhen Huashi Future Parking Equipment company is developing a "3D Express Coach" (also known as a "three-dimensional fast bus").
CHINA-BUS.jpg
The innovation will allow cars less than 2 meters high to travel underneath the upper level of the vehicle, which will be carrying passengers (PHOTOS).
According to China Hush, the 6-meter-wide 3D Express Coach will be powered by a combination of electricity and solar energy, and will be able to travel up to 60 kilometers per hour carrying some 1200 to 1400 passengers.
CHINA-BUS.jpg
The first 115 miles of track is set for construction in Beijing's Mentougou district starting in late 2010. The Chairman of the Huashi Future Parking Equipment company boasts it will take only a year and 500 million yuan (around $73 million) to build the futuristic transportation system.
CHINA-BUS.jpg

slide_9151_121536_large.jpg

slide_9151_121537_large.jpg

slide_9151_121538_large.jpg

slide_9151_121541_large.jpg

This could be genius or a fail of epic proportions.  ​

I think the concept is pretty cool! It would resolve so many problems with traffic here in LA
smh.gif

I think the concept is pretty cool! It would resolve so many problems with traffic here in LA
smh.gif

Im just wondering how someones going to drive that thing if its not machine operated...one miskate, and hundreds of people including the cars below will be screwed.

Im just wondering how someones going to drive that thing if its not machine operated...one miskate, and hundreds of people including the cars below will be screwed.

It's a really innovative idea, but so many things can go wrong. I wanna see them succeed though.
pimp.gif

It's a really innovative idea, but so many things can go wrong. I wanna see them succeed though.
pimp.gif

nice concept, but i dont see it working. youre basically trapping cars underneath the bus with no place to go incase of an emergency.

why not just built a light rail/tram or something similar?

nice concept, but i dont see it working. youre basically trapping cars underneath the bus with no place to go incase of an emergency.

why not just built a light rail/tram or something similar?

Cool idea but it's going to be hard to implement. Especially since you'll have to incorporate the fact that there are windy roads and there's a reason lanes are twice as large as the cars that drive in them. There's a lot of human error that could occur.

Cool idea but it's going to be hard to implement. Especially since you'll have to incorporate the fact that there are windy roads and there's a reason lanes are twice as large as the cars that drive in them. There's a lot of human error that could occur.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

man i hope this happens because i wanna see it fail lol

This. They coming up with stupid #%#$ now, doesn't seem cool at all.

Back
Top Bottom