Chris Brown is ROASTING Raz B on twitter

Chris Brown Is Lurkin...
I See Yaa Homie
grin.gif

Anywho: raz b cant do anything yet to get popular again haha LAME..
unless he gets robbed for pocket change in LA,  like tyga.
Ill make it happen
pimp.gif

Chris Brown Is Lurkin...
I See Yaa Homie
grin.gif

Anywho: raz b cant do anything yet to get popular again haha LAME..
unless he gets robbed for pocket change in LA,  like tyga.
Ill make it happen
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

But let's use Kanye West as an example. 
IDJ is not making 7 million from this album. IDJ is not seeing $10 off these albums. They're seeing about $3 off an album after reproduction/distribution cost and what retailers make from the album. 

Artist like Kanye will be capped at a 3/4 quarter mechanical rate = .06825, instead of the standard .09125, the rest going to the label.

So he's making about .07 cents for every song on the album x 10 songs = .70 cents an album, assuming he controls 100% of the record. But then he still has to recoup and what the label invested in him. Even with points on the album, it will still be tough to recoup. The label doesn't pay them, as all the money has to be paid back before they start earning money. Since sales have been horrible on records, that's where 360 deals come in.

Now take all this and throw Chris Brown in their and you will see he is not the $75 million you said.

Real talk: If you need further breakdown of this, let me know as I can get you checks you probably didn't even know of when dealing with the guys you're handling for a certain percentage. 
pimp.gif

But let's use Kanye West as an example. 
IDJ is not making 7 million from this album. IDJ is not seeing $10 off these albums. They're seeing about $3 off an album after reproduction/distribution cost and what retailers make from the album. 

Artist like Kanye will be capped at a 3/4 quarter mechanical rate = .06825, instead of the standard .09125, the rest going to the label.

So he's making about .07 cents for every song on the album x 10 songs = .70 cents an album, assuming he controls 100% of the record. But then he still has to recoup and what the label invested in him. Even with points on the album, it will still be tough to recoup. The label doesn't pay them, as all the money has to be paid back before they start earning money. Since sales have been horrible on records, that's where 360 deals come in.

Now take all this and throw Chris Brown in their and you will see he is not the $75 million you said.

Real talk: If you need further breakdown of this, let me know as I can get you checks you probably didn't even know of when dealing with the guys you're handling for a certain percentage. 
pimp.gif

I agree that "counting the next man's money" is stupid but I think the point is that it was stated he's WORTH $75m and has $30m in LIQUID assets. That's not even close to being believable.

Twitter is lame, twitter beefs are even lamer, recording videos is the lamest.

I agree that "counting the next man's money" is stupid but I think the point is that it was stated he's WORTH $75m and has $30m in LIQUID assets. That's not even close to being believable.

Twitter is lame, twitter beefs are even lamer, recording videos is the lamest.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by D723

Lame..... cartune's at least got a resume in the business. Too many of y'all talking crazy on the internet just to waste your own time.

My dude, you're calling me lame yet you don't know my background???
I have over 5yrs as an executive for a major label/publishing company. 

If dude is an AR (obviously very junior from his posting), he should know how these guys are generating their money, thus knowing the quotes he's talking about are unrealistic. Everyone seems misinformed on how all these guys are paid. It's shameful, because the artist don't even really understand how they're making their money.
What exactly did I say that wasnt accurate or almost? When a lable puts together a budget majority of the time they look back at what the artist previously brought into the company revenue wise.
Kanye's album cost $3 million to make I read it somewhere just so you dont think Im pulling numbers out my #%!. He only sold like 700K thats a $7 Million for Def Jam/Universal because Universal has their own Distribution. Thats how an artist is measured how much can he/she bring in not how much he personally earns. Especially since they're ( the labels) the ones paying them.

Chris Brown before he got in trouble was a cash cow. That was my point and then I even presented numbers to back it up. What exactly are you talking about? 

See this is where the confusion comes in. You talked about what he's worth/make instead of talking about how the label values his worth.
!%#!$ thats what I've been talking about the whooooole time I dont understand how anybody would think this !%#!$ personally was holding $100 Mill +. 
cartune wrote:
I can see Chris being worth a lot of money doesnt necessarily mean he saw all of it tho

Originally Posted by cartune

Lame..... cartune's at least got a resume in the business. Too many of y'all talking crazy on the internet just to waste your own time.

If dude is an AR (obviously very junior from his posting), he should know how these guys are generating their money, thus knowing the quotes he's talking about are unrealistic. Everyone seems misinformed on how all these guys are paid. It's shameful, because the artist don't even really understand how they're making their money.
What exactly did I say that wasnt accurate or almost? When a lable puts together a budget majority of the time they look back at what the artist previously brought into the company revenue wise.
Kanye's album cost $3 million to make I read it somewhere just so you dont think Im pulling numbers out my #%!. He only sold like 700K thats a $7 Million for Def Jam/Universal because Universal has their own Distribution. Thats how an artist is measured how much can he/she bring in not how much he personally earns. Especially since they're ( the labels) the ones paying them.

Chris Brown before he got in trouble was a cash cow. That was my point and then I even presented numbers to back it up. What exactly are you talking about? 

See this is where the confusion comes in. You talked about what he's worth/make instead of talking about how the label values his worth.
!%#!$ thats what I've been talking about the whooooole time I dont understand how anybody would think this !%#!$ personally was holding $100 Mill +. 
cartune wrote:
I can see Chris being worth a lot of money doesnt necessarily mean he saw all of it tho

"we'll be rapin you rapin you rapin you....."

too bad chris brown is a spineless woman that has to hit women to feel tough. his music is horrible too.

too bad chris brown is a spineless woman that has to hit women to feel tough. his music is horrible too.

"we'll be rapin you rapin you rapin you....."

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by ThatKickKid

hate-image2.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
Was anything he said false?
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, Chris is a punk #@@%! that beat his girl and pretty much ruined his career... He went from being the next Usher to being "gangsta" and having a "Twitter Beef" with Raz-B.

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by ThatKickKid

hate-image2.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
Was anything he said false?
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, Chris is a punk #@@%! that beat his girl and pretty much ruined his career... He went from being the next Usher to being "gangsta" and having a "Twitter Beef" with Raz-B.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Chris is a punk #@@%! that beat his girl and pretty much ruined his career... He went from being the next Usher to being "gangsta" and having a "Twitter Beef" with Raz-B.

His career isn't ruined.

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Chris is a punk #@@%! that beat his girl and pretty much ruined his career... He went from being the next Usher to being "gangsta" and having a "Twitter Beef" with Raz-B.

His career isn't ruined.

Back
Top Bottom