Chris Rock is the Best Black Comedian Of Our Time Vol. Sorry Chappelle

....just so happens there was a Biography on Murphy i watched last night.

- Eddie said Bill Cosby called him after Delerious and tried to get on him about his content. (he talks about this in RAW, but i didnt think he was serious). he said after the success of RAW he got tired of the criticism's and quit doing stand up to just do movies.

- Eddie said Bill Cosby called him after Delerious and tried to get on him about his content. (he talks about this in RAW, but i didnt think he was serious). he said after the success of RAW he got tired of the criticism's and quit doing stand up to just do movies.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by beh235

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.
^ Damn, you must have just caught all bad shows. All those you named are funny as hell, just bad coincidence you caught them on a bad night. I saw Mooney and damn near pissed myself, even with a few repeat jokes thrown in.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It's about who's not now, not all time. The progression is (for this threads sake Pryor, Murphy, Rock, Chappelle...) not greater than but those guys learned from the best from THEIR time. And um, y'all left out Paul Mooney.

I don't know man. I saw Paul Mooney at Cobbs in SF at the time when Chappelle was releasing his 3rd season and he was probably the worst comic I have ever seen. Not only was he boring but people left about an hour and a half into his show and he repeated jokes from the Chappelle show as if none of us never heard of him. But like I said, all comics bomb and I am sure he is good but just that day, he sucked big time. I've seen Russell Peters bomb, Kat Williams bomb (but saw him on another show and he was hilarious), Whitney Cummings bomb (she repeated her roast jokes from her Blackberry...serious?) but no one was worse then Paul Mooney that day.

I still don't get why people like Kevin Hart. I've seen his stand ups and seen him live and never thought he was that good.

And I've seen a lot of stand ups in my life from Pablo Francisco to Lisa Lampanelli but Dave Chappelle takes the cake out of all of them. He killed it when he performed in Oakland last year.
^ Damn, you must have just caught all bad shows. All those you named are funny as hell, just bad coincidence you caught them on a bad night. I saw Mooney and damn near pissed myself, even with a few repeat jokes thrown in.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I would have taken Pryor's advice to Eddie on that matter
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

kevin hart maybe the most overrated comic out now.
^ He was wack when he had his tv show but he got better.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

kevin hart maybe the most overrated comic out now.
^ He was wack when he had his tv show but he got better.

laugh.gif

.....yeah.....im loooking for that video right now
wink.gif

....oh and, like i said Curb +@*% BILL COSBY!! 
roll.gif

laugh.gif

.....yeah.....im loooking for that video right now
wink.gif

....oh and, like i said Curb +@*% BILL COSBY!! 
roll.gif

IMO, Chappelle >>>>>>>>> Chris Rock, it's not even close.

I was in NYC back in July and Dave showed up at the Comedy Cellar. He showed up at like 11 and didn't leave until almost 2am. He's the only comedian I have ever seen who can just say nothing and still be funny. Dude killed it and wasn't even supposed to be there that night. He said he just felt like doing some stand-up and came through.

As far as Kevin Hart goes, I'm still confused on why this dude gets so much love. I have seen a lot of his work and I dunno, he's just corny to me. Not really funny at all.

I was in NYC back in July and Dave showed up at the Comedy Cellar. He showed up at like 11 and didn't leave until almost 2am. He's the only comedian I have ever seen who can just say nothing and still be funny. Dude killed it and wasn't even supposed to be there that night. He said he just felt like doing some stand-up and came through.

As far as Kevin Hart goes, I'm still confused on why this dude gets so much love. I have seen a lot of his work and I dunno, he's just corny to me. Not really funny at all.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

Shut up.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are both wack. The only tv time Dave could get was late nite on Conan O'Brien's wack show. Chappelle is a C grade comedian at best. His show was nothin that hadn't been done before.

Shut up.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

this is why Chappelle >>>>>>>>> Chris Rock,

you cannot DENY they fact that he LOVES doing stand-up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

this is why Chappelle >>>>>>>>> Chris Rock,

you cannot DENY they fact that he LOVES doing stand-up.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom