Christmas 98'

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
90s kicks

I always ordered from eastbay back then, you could get every colorway without fail. But now with all the damn hypebeasts you have like ten seconds to get anorder in on release night or you're screwed. I hate eastbay and hypebeasts, but thanks for the good memories dog

funny you should post this, i found some eastbays from 2004, and saw FSRs of all kinds of retros, twelves, fourteens, ones, twos, etc. for less than $100. noweastbay doesn't even put men's retroes in the magazine, let alone put them on clearance.

nice find, the uptempos beside the xii are nice as well, converse the rodman wore for 30 bucks, ghill 4 for 59, pro quick's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Pig Love

I love stuff like this.

Allow me to reminisce. That Christmas was crazy. I was 11 years old. I remember waking up, going intio the living room and sitting under the tree with my lilbro, waiting to open our gifts. When my mother woke up, the first thing my brother grabbed was a shoe box. He ripped the top portion of the wrapping paper andall I saw was a greyish box with a red Jumpman in the middle. He had gotten, u guessed it, the white and black Air Jordan XIV. At this point, I can'texplain the amount of excitement I was experiencing because, just the year before, my father promised me a pair of XIIIs if I had gotten straight A's.Well, I did and still no Jays. So a year later it seemed I would finally get to have a pair of Jordans. So, I grab what looks like a shoebox and unwrap it...Bam! A box of Adidas, homie. And I don't mean shelltoes or Superstar IIs which were popular at the time. I'm talkin about the kind that only come inthe Eastbay catalogs that strictly have items on sale. Now at this point, I'm very disappointed. I had slaved trying to get a perfect report card a yearearlier for a pair of signatures and now my brother, who received all of my cousins' Jays when a new pair came out, had gotten Mike's latest. I justthrew the box of Adidas and my mother, an unemployed single mother(my father had just went to Pelican Bay for 3 years) beat me like I stole something. Isomewhat got over it and we hit my Grandmother's house who stayed in Watts(we lived in Compton at the time). I remember all my cousins being over thereshowing my brother attention like "dang, u got the new Jordans." He was the only one with them, and asking me why I have Adidas, lol.... Fast forwardten years: I will be getting 2 of the XII/XI CDP which includes my 2nd favorite Air Jordan sneaker of all time( Taxi XII) and have roughly 26 pair ofsignatures in my arsenal... Thanks for your time Nike Talk and have a Merry Christmas

Wow .look @ those kg's for 70$and those pearl foams and those white and red 12s ....and alll of those kicks! Sneakers now just aint what they used to be.

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

Chuck was my dude but I did not want them shoes for christmas
laugh.gif

yo this brings back so many memories, i was young but knew about sneakers and wanted all the hot jay's that were releasing. this pic brings it back becausei remember getting the catalog in the mail and circling all the sneakers i wanted and wishing i could get them, i would take the catalog to my moms and shewould just roll it up and smack me in the back of the head for asking for $100+ jays. i guess thats why i buy so many today.... great post.

we are letting ourselves get robbed now-a-days.

back then we did not jump all over the shoes like they were the air we breath but now we do and their capitalizing on it.

I do remember when eastbay was like that with good deals and all but they change as a company when we changed as a consumer.

'98 was a good year. thanks for sharing.

ThoseIverson 2's are
pimp.gif
. That catalog is classic. So much heat. The Battleforce's were a good shoe.

Originally Posted by optimusp517

OMG I was only 16 during that time
frown.gif
I didn't know jack about eastbay back then.

Word up...I was like 15 and didnt care too much for eastbay cus I could never afford good sneakers. I always rocked sports authority and modell nikes only ifFilas werent on sale...lmfao.

i still have that same eastbay magazine with a couple of older ones i found the other day!

those were the days !! when nobody hped up sneakers

plus you can find jordans way after there release

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

Chuck was my dude but I did not want them shoes for christmas
laugh.gif

I had the white ones, they may have been the most comfortable basketball shoes I have ever played in. I also played in the Jumpman pro strongs in the firstpicture of this thread. Those were the most uncomfortable things ever.

Back
Top Bottom