Christmas 98'

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23thakid

Originally Posted by Pig Love

I love stuff like this.

Allow me to reminisce. That Christmas was crazy. I was 11 years old. I remember waking up, going intio the living room and sitting under the tree with my lil bro, waiting to open our gifts. When my mother woke up, the first thing my brother grabbed was a shoe box. He ripped the top portion of the wrapping paper and all I saw was a greyish box with a red Jumpman in the middle. He had gotten, u guessed it, the white and black Air Jordan XIV. At this point, I can't explain the amount of excitement I was experiencing because, just the year before, my father promised me a pair of XIIIs if I had gotten straight A's. Well, I did and still no Jays. So a year later it seemed I would finally get to have a pair of Jordans. So, I grab what looks like a shoebox and unwrap it... Bam! A box of Adidas, homie. And I don't mean shelltoes or Superstar IIs which were popular at the time. I'm talkin about the kind that only come in the Eastbay catalogs that strictly have items on sale. Now at this point, I'm very disappointed. I had slaved trying to get a perfect report card a year earlier for a pair of signatures and now my brother, who received all of my cousins' Jays when a new pair came out, had gotten Mike's latest. I just threw the box of Adidas and my mother, an unemployed single mother(my father had just went to Pelican Bay for 3 years) beat me like I stole something. I somewhat got over it and we hit my Grandmother's house who stayed in Watts(we lived in Compton at the time). I remember all my cousins being over there showing my brother attention like "dang, u got the new Jordans." He was the only one with them, and asking me why I have Adidas, lol.... Fast forward ten years: I will be getting 2 of the XII/XI CDP which includes my 2nd favorite Air Jordan sneaker of all time( Taxi XII) and have roughly 26 pair of signatures in my arsenal... Thanks for your time Nike Talk and have a Merry Christmas

I would have been SO TIGHT if I was you. Great Christmas huh?

Awesome find. I love when I am going through some old boxes and find an old eastbay mag. Always crazy to see how easy it was to get J's back then.

omg, 89 bucks for the bred 12's, and 99 $ for the 13's?? wow, i missed out pretty bad

I have a shoebox full of old eastbays from around that time frame....playoff xiii =$$$$$$ my favorite xiii ever thanks for the trip down memory lane my dude!!!

Fam, I can pinpoint the exact location i was standing when i opened that issue. I was in 10th grade at the time and i was standing by our front door, i thinkmy homeboy and my gf were at the crib too. Foam pros for 99?!
eek.gif
smh.gif
I forgot ALL about the Air Force Max Plus, joints are straight
eek.gif

I think I'm thinking what everyone else is...

Air Jordan's on sale @ Eastbay!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane... I want my Pro Quicks back...

yeah i was going thru some old boxes and i found some old wall calenders footaction use to send gold card members from 00-01 has the space jams on there andtons of other heat...

Originally Posted by BKE420

omg, 89 bucks for the bred 12's, and 99 $ for the 13's?? wow, i missed out pretty bad

considering the dollar value back then, i say you didnt miss that much. Of course prices are inflated as $+@# right now, but remember those prices were stillconsidered a lot back then. lol i remember going to famous footwear back in those days and thinking $30 shoes was too much lols

Back
Top Bottom