Cigarette Smokers: How and Why?

I understand why people smoke cigars and other herbal remedies but cigarettes are something I don't understand which is why I'm asking a group of people who are close in age.

It's funny watching people go stand outside in freezing temps or sweltering heat to smoke which is why I'm making this post.

How do they make you feel? Does the smell not bother you or anything? It doesn't bother me but it does smell like something I wouldn't want attached to me.

How did you start smoking?

To be honest, I've smoked Black N Milds and Al Capones on occasion but they don't do anything but make me feel like I chugged 2 beers.

If that's how white sticks make you feel how do you function on them?

Just wondering.

I understand why people smoke cigars and other herbal remedies but cigarettes are something I don't understand which is why I'm asking a group of people who are close in age.

It's funny watching people go stand outside in freezing temps or sweltering heat to smoke which is why I'm making this post.

How do they make you feel? Does the smell not bother you or anything? It doesn't bother me but it does smell like something I wouldn't want attached to me.

How did you start smoking?

To be honest, I've smoked Black N Milds and Al Capones on occasion but they don't do anything but make me feel like I chugged 2 beers.

If that's how white sticks make you feel how do you function on them?

Just wondering.

Its a stimulant. I dont somke but Ive smoked djarum blacks a couple times when working for 24-48 hours straight cuz they get your #%% awake, kinda like caffiene.

Its a stimulant. I dont somke but Ive smoked djarum blacks a couple times when working for 24-48 hours straight cuz they get your #%% awake, kinda like caffiene.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

edit: read it wrong
but really though? i never heard of this

edit: read it wrong
but really though? i never heard of this

I had a friend who smoked those and they were pretty mild/smooth to be honest, I couldn't place them in the same category as Newports or Marlboro Reds and etc.

I had a friend who smoked those and they were pretty mild/smooth to be honest, I couldn't place them in the same category as Newports or Marlboro Reds and etc.

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

Smoking is such a sheep activity

-The Juice

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

-The Juice

Started smoking at 16....started with blacks...then I moved to green...then cigarettes. I used to smoke Newports but I switched to Newport Lights being in the Air Force and having to run and *#%* Newport Lights aren't so harsh on my lungs. Smoking one after a good meal.
pimp.gif
 The first few times I smoked a cig I was like this *#%* is wack and I didnt see the hype but it's hard to say after a few more the nicotine got me I guess
laugh.gif
EDIT-To more of explain why I smoke cigarettes.....I started back when I was younger and working at McDonalds...I used to take my short breaks and not have any access to any greenery so I would bum a cigarette off somebody that work with me and that would hold me over. Then my dude that I chilled with all the time smoked Newports like 24/7
laugh.gif
 so after we would smoke a blunt I would get a square off him to keep the high up and what not....fast forward to the Air Force....#$+% can be stressful just like any other job.....when I get stressed about something at work I just step outside and smoke one....feels good man
pimp.gif
...dosen't make things better all the time but it calms me down.

Started smoking at 16....started with blacks...then I moved to green...then cigarettes. I used to smoke Newports but I switched to Newport Lights being in the Air Force and having to run and *#%* Newport Lights aren't so harsh on my lungs. Smoking one after a good meal.
pimp.gif
 The first few times I smoked a cig I was like this *#%* is wack and I didnt see the hype but it's hard to say after a few more the nicotine got me I guess
laugh.gif
EDIT-To more of explain why I smoke cigarettes.....I started back when I was younger and working at McDonalds...I used to take my short breaks and not have any access to any greenery so I would bum a cigarette off somebody that work with me and that would hold me over. Then my dude that I chilled with all the time smoked Newports like 24/7
laugh.gif
 so after we would smoke a blunt I would get a square off him to keep the high up and what not....fast forward to the Air Force....#$+% can be stressful just like any other job.....when I get stressed about something at work I just step outside and smoke one....feels good man
pimp.gif
...dosen't make things better all the time but it calms me down.

Tried once, when I was younger... never understood how it could be addicting. Was there a coolness factor that got you smokers started? Or a friend or relative offered? My mom and Dad smoke, Dad quit smoking.. Moms is trying to quit this year.

Tried once, when I was younger... never understood how it could be addicting. Was there a coolness factor that got you smokers started? Or a friend or relative offered? My mom and Dad smoke, Dad quit smoking.. Moms is trying to quit this year.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

-The Juice
My point exactly, I was drinking at a bar one evening and I tired smoking a Marlboro and my body wasn't having that. It felt worse than a hangover.

-The Juice
My point exactly, I was drinking at a bar one evening and I tired smoking a Marlboro and my body wasn't having that. It felt worse than a hangover.

Originally Posted by IgnantBliss

The first few times I smoked a cig I was like this ++%% is wack and I didnt see the hype but it's hard to say after a few more the nicotine got me I guess
laugh.gif

Look at this mentality (further proves my point). First few times he smoked, he considered it "whack" .....so why keep doing it? Whats the logic in that?

-The Juice

The first few times I smoked a cig I was like this ++%% is wack and I didnt see the hype but it's hard to say after a few more the nicotine got me I guess
laugh.gif

Look at this mentality (further proves my point). First few times he smoked, he considered it "whack" .....so why keep doing it? Whats the logic in that?

-The Juice

Most people I know that smoke cigarettes either drink a lot or were on probation at some point.

Most people I know that smoke cigarettes either drink a lot or were on probation at some point.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Another good point. I have boys who get on papers and start buying Blacks by the pack. I'm like no sirrrrrr.

laugh.gif

-The Juice

grin.gif
That can go for drinking tho brah.....I'm pretty sure the first time people took swigs of some strong alcohol they wasn't like "damn this %+@$ taste like heaven"
laugh.gif
...you know? 

im a couple of days into my personal rehab of smoking, it is a sheep activity but after a while its something you "must" do. the addiction is nasty.

Back
Top Bottom