City on a Hill: new Showtime series 6/19/2019 Kevin Bacon & Aldis Hodge

Sounds like it was inspired by The Town somewhat. Looks good.

Set in Boston in the early 90s when the city was rife with violent criminals emboldened by local law enforcement agencies, in which corruption, tribalism and "taking it to the street" was the norm, until it all suddenly changed. This is a fictional account of what was called the "Boston Miracle". The change agent is District Attorney Decourcy Ward (Aldis Hodge), who comes from Brooklyn and forms an unlikely alliance with Jackie Rhodes (Kevin Bacon), a corrupt yet venerated FBI veteran who is deeply invested in maintaining the status quo. Together they take on a family of armored car robbers from Charlestown (Jonathan Tucker, Mark O'Brien and James Michael Cummings) in a case that grows to encompass and eventually upend Boston’s citywide criminal justice system.

Last edited:
Kevin Bacon playing a morally grey cop = In. His. Bag.

Haven’t watched a SHO series since I stopped keeping up with Shameless.

And speaking of Shameless, I thought one of the Charlestown robbers was Mickey for a second. :lol:
He would have fit perfectly into that role.

Kevin Bacon & Ray "Voodoo" Tatum (Friday Night Lights) in :pimp:

Ben Affleck & Matt Damon are executive producers

I was waiting on this thread to be made :pimp: I put it off since it was so far away.

Been seeing the trailers and reading up on this. Gonna be good. May be Showtime's next hit show.

Last edited:
Coworker just said she watched EP1 already, didn't realize they dropped it early. Going to check it out tn.

Watched EP1 last night. Show screams The Departed x The Town :lol: but I was into it. Wasn't expecting the 'reveal' from Ward, and the twist at the very end before the credits set up the season nicely.

second ep was good, i like those show. Always been a kevin bacon fan, and also like the gang leader actor (from snowfall and justified). Hopefully it picks up some steam and sticks around for a while.

second ep was good, i like those show. Always been a kevin bacon fan, and also like the gang leader actor (from snowfall and justified). Hopefully it picks up some steam and sticks around for a while.

I remember him from Sleepers

MV5BYmM0MjkzZmMtN2ZhZC00ZTcyLThmYzMtOThjNmMwNDY4OWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk3NTUwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Took me a minute to get into the first episode, but when I did I was hooked. At first it seemed like a law & order type show with cussing but by the end it feels a lot more on point. Will continue watching the rest. I can tell it’s gon be lit!

Accidently watched episode 2 first, the Showtime app is set up from right to left. :rolleyes

Went back to watch 1 then rewatched 2.

This show is ok so far. I like the 3 leads (Bacon, Hodge and Tucker). I'll stick with it.

Did they reveal what exactly happened with Kelly Kinnicki?

Back
Top Bottom