Closed

I really hope we're in it for Mack.

Was poking around on Cleveland news sites and apparently dude is in no rush to do anything. He's going to check out other teams eventually but for now he's just chilling.

If he's our one big contract I wouldn't be mad at all tho.

Here is how our Defense looks pre draft:

Woodley/Smith/McGee/Tuck
Moore/Roach/Burnett
Brown/Hayden
Branch/Young

Depth:
Crawford/Robinson
Burris/Maivia/Kaelin.Burnett/McFadden
Casey/Jones/Chekwa
Ross/Johnson

Still need to sign:
Nickel CB
starting FS (Young is a good 3rd safety, love him for depth)
Rotational DT (depends on what they expect out of McGee)

Draft:
every position honestly. We need young players to step up and start everywhere in 2 years.
Every signing on defense is basically a stopgap until our rookies become good enough.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Would love Thurmond III

I have A LOT of faith in DJ Hayden. Really liked what I saw the games I got to see him at the Coliseum.

I wouldn't look for this to be his breakout year though still too early. Week to week consistency and mistake free performances would be the right progression.

Last edited:
I hope Reggie would throw a nice chunk of change for him, he was pretty good at Seattle ...and only 26, so maybe a good 4-5 year deal? Put Brown at the Nickle ...

I think they should sign him for the nickel. I agree tho, a 4-5 year long deal would be nice.

Dane Fletcher is visiting Monday. More 3-4 moves?

Last edited:
DA and Tarver have always wanted to make the defense be able to flip into a legit 3-4 at will. They may finally be able to do it this season.

Last edited:
Am I the only one hoping we do get Matt Schaub? Not via trade obviously but thats the only decent name out of Sanchez/Freeman/Vick that could be a stop gap QB.

No you're definitely not alone. He's much better than the other options available.

I wonder if Reggie pursued Josh McCown. He would have been who I wanted at QB this year.

Back
Top Bottom