Closed

Why did the Raiders let Jennings go and sign McFadden instead?

This is IMO the most questionable move... they could've had a star-caliber starter at the RB position.

Yep for me only real ? of FA isn't Veldheer or Houston or Saffold it's letting Jennings walk.

Last edited:
“@RapSheet: James Jones considered #Steelers, #Browns, #Panthers, #Seahawks. In the end, source said, “He grew up wanting to play for the #Raiders””

:pimp:

I would have liked Jennings on a 1 year deal. I would like it more if Murray or Sheets could break out and be the starter tho.

What's gucci with Andre Brown tho? Did he end up deciding not to sign with the Raiders?

Raiders off-season so far
pimp.gif

Except for letting Jennings go
mean.gif

Still holding out hope we offer Mack a contract Cleveland cannot match. That and if Penn actually signs with us...a man can dream.

“@RapSheet: James Jones considered #Steelers, #Browns, #Panthers, #Seahawks. In the end, source said, “He grew up wanting to play for the #Raiders””

Seriously thats all you need to say to convince me he should be signed. That is why I liked Cable and Jackson...because they grew up Raider fans. Bring MJD and Jared Allen to their favorite team Reggie.

Veldheer is the only knock I have against Reggie, and even that was soothed somewhat by learning that Mark was leaning on him not to sign him.

And I heard Veldheer's brother was difficult to negotiate with. Apparently Reggie had a start number and was never able to move up from that...can't knock him too much for that.

Seriously thats all you need to say to convince me he should be signed. That is why I liked Cable and Jackson...because they grew up Raider fans. Bring MJD and Jared Allen to their favorite team Reggie.

Tom Cable, Hue Jackson and Jared Allen all grew up Raider fans? That's amazing, I love hearing that.

Offense a week into free agency:

McGloin(24)/Pryor(25)
DMC(27)/Murray(23)/Sheets(29)
Reece(29)/Olawale(25)
Streater(26)/Jones(30)/Butler(24)/Criner(24)
Moore(25)/Holmes(26)/Jenkins(25)
Rivera(24)/Kasa(23)/Ausberry(26)
Austin Howard(27)/Matt McCants(25)
Boothe(31)/Bergstrom(28)
Wiznieski(25)/Boothe
Barnes(32)/Mady(23)/Nix(24)
Watson(25)/McCants(25)

QB: Draft a QB in the 1st/2nd... trade Pryor... sign a vet QB ...
RB: Sign a vet or draft 1 late
FB: we're good here
WR: get 1 more in draft, have 6 best make the team
TE: Wouldn't mind getting another in draft but we can wait til next year. Give Rivera/Kasa time to grow... think Rivera can catch 60 passes a year.
RT: Howard's spot. McCants as backup swing. we're good here.
RG: not sure how good Boone is but I think he's better than Barnes. Think Bergstrom can get cut.
C: Wiz should lock it down for 5 years. Boothe can play C if needed
LG: Barnes is good for depth but I wish we could've upgraded the G position this offseason. IMO it was biggest weakness last year.
LT: let's see what Watson can do... Still think we need to sign a vet and/or draft 1 in later round but McCants can step it.

So... other than QB and the G spots, Raiders are in a better postition than they've been in years

Last edited:
I was thinking one reason Reggie could be so firm on the price for Penn is its more cost effective and ultimately better long term to just take a tackle with our first pick.

If thats the plan I would like us to trade down. Maybe they expect Carr to be there at the top of the 2nd?

“@DConnollyNFL: One more #Raiders update- RB Maurice Jones-Drew visiting team next week, looking for short term deal #NFLFreeAgency”

Congrats on your recent pick ups fellas.
It's nice to see you guys making solid moves and turning things around.

Although I made fun of James jones for being butter fingers sometimes he's still a very solid WR for that price.

Hopefully both the Raiders and Bolts draft well and we can give the Broncos a run for their money this season.

Last edited:
Agree, take tackle at 5 bring in Shaub or Vick, draft Garoppolo in 2nd then fill out roster with remaining picks and FA

Last edited:
didn't the Lions draft Calvin Johnson with Kitna as their QB? if Watkins is there id get him if he's there

damn it idk anymore :lol:

Last edited:
^^ Watkins def is intriguing, but I think I go safe and mold my O Line for the next 10 years....

Greg Robinson and Watkins are definitely safe picks, in the sense that you can't really be faulted for taking them if there is need. Reggie may be feeling the pressure to draft a QB from Mark though.

Safest Pick is Watkins, and he a playmaker....that what Reggie want's 
Don't agree that he's the safest pick, if you have no QB or a O Line that can protect your QB you can't get him the ball enough to be the playmaker he is. The game is won and lost inside. The O and D line set up the game for everyone else, therefore I go O Line.

We already have Menelik Watson from last year, the 3 games he played last year he looked good to me...hopefully he can stay healthy full 16 this year.... starting LT is for him to loose.....

Back
Top Bottom