Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
i havent watched a football game since last superbowl. and i only watched that for the halftime show to cop tinkers. still won my FF. im just refreshing SNKRS for these travis next.
1CAB911B-00C7-4DF9-A22D-82109268679D.jpeg

Reactions: JPS
You have an elected president who called protesting NFL players son's of *****es, and people still do not get why conscious people are not supporting this crap? NFL owners can go and suck one.

Kerr: ‘Colin Kaepernick is Basically a Modern Day Tommie Smith’
Olympic legend joined Warriors at practice, honored during game against Spurs

USATSI_9767585_168384245_lowres_1.jpg

https://957thegame.radio.com/articles/steve-kerr-colin-kaepernick-basically-modern-day-tommie-smith

Tommie Smith, the civil rights icon who famously made his mark at the 1968 Olympics with his raised fist (alongside John Carlos), was at the Warriors practice facility on Tuesday and honored at Oracle on Wednesday during the meeting with the Spurs.

The encounter with Smith left quite the imprint on the back-to-back champs, as Steve Kerr detailed in his weekly call into “The Damon Bruce Show.”

“It was very fun to see generations connect over something that is obviously still very relevant today because Colin Kaepernick is basically a modern day Tommie Smith,” Kerr said on 95.7 The Game.

“There’s really no difference — making peaceful protests of human rights violations. And so, here we are, whatever it is, 60 years later? And still talking about the same issue.

Safety Eric Reid Signs 3-Year Deal to Return to Panthers
r481183_1296x729_16-9.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25973483/safety-eric-reid-signs-3-year-deal-return-panthers

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Safety Eric Reid says the three-year deal worth slightly more than $22 million he signed with the Carolina Panthers on Monday should strengthen his collusion grievance against the NFL.

The NFL Players Association filed a collusion grievance against the NFL on Reid's behalf in May when he was not signed after the San Francisco 49ers opted to let their 2013 first-round pick become an unrestricted free agent.

The grievance, which is ongoing, alleged team owners and the league, influenced by President Donald Trump, colluded to prevent Reid's employment because of his protests against social injustice. Reid in 2016 became the first player to join former San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick in kneeling during the national anthem.

"If anything, it proves my point from last year. I didn't sign until a [few weeks into] the regular season. This year I signed a more substantial contract over the same time period. I'm the same player.'"

Eric Reid

Reid said the deal should help his case.

"If anything, it proves my point from last year. I didn't sign until a [few weeks into] the regular season,'' said Reid, signed by Carolina before the fourth game. "This year I signed a more substantial contract over the same time period. I'm the same player.''

Reid doesn't hold out much hope that Kaepernick, who has not played since the 2016 season, will be signed.

"Knowing what I know, my hope tank is on E,'' Reid said. "This is a leverage game, so we'll see what happens moving forward.''

Reid joined a group of celebrities who boycotted the recent Super Bowl in Atlanta as a show of support for Kaepernick and others protesting police brutality and racial injustice.

"I spent time with my family, did homework with my daughters, played cards,'' Reid said of how he spent Super Bowl Sunday. "It was a family day.''

Reid continued to kneel last season after signing with the Panthers, who acquired him after starting safety Da'Norris Searcy was placed on injured reserve with a concussion. It did not become a distraction and Reid was supported by his teammates, although no other players kneeled.

Quarterback Cam Newton said at the time that getting Reid was a "steal.''

"We have great players in this locker room and we've accepted him with open arms," Newton said. "I was thinking to myself, I hope he was and is as excited as everyone is having him. He's a very young, talented football player that has a lot of talent left in his body. For him to be on our team is a great thing.

"I'm going to stand by him knowing none of that will be a distraction for us winning football games."

Re-signing Reid became a priority after the season as the Panthers sought to keep a veteran presence in the secondary. Strong safety Mike Adams, who will turn 38 in March, has not been re-signed and Searcy's future is unclear.

"We always knew he was a solid football player, and he showed it to us,'' coach Ron Rivera told the team website.

Reid started the final 13 games last season, finishing with 73 tackles, five passes defensed, one interception and one sack.

But Reid's decision to re-sign before hitting the open market had little to do with loyalty to Carolina, the only team that took a chance on him last year.

"It's an interesting aspect in sports where people wonder how much loyalty plays a part,'' Reid said. "For me, I don't see a lot of loyalty in this business. The Panthers could cut me tomorrow if they wanted to.

"The fact that they brought me in last year didn't play that much of a role.''

What played a factor was that Charlotte reminds Reid of where he grew up in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and he got what he considered a fair market deal.

The average salary of the top 10 safeties in the league ranges from $7 million to $13 million a year. Reid's deal will average just over $7.3 million a year.

"I can envision my family being here during the season and being satisfied with the contract,'' Reid said when explaining why he signed early. "If I wasn't satisfied with the contract I would have gone into free agency.''

Reid still has issues with the league, from his grievance to his assertion he was drug tested randomly seven times this past season. Reid believes the league targeted him with the drug tests and more than four fines for game violations, at least two that were overturned after appeal.

"The NFL released a statement saying I was not targeted, and I believe otherwise,'' Reid said

However, getting a new deal now instead of having to spend the offseason in doubt as he did a year ago has brought Reid "peace of mind.''

"Yeah, it's been a long time coming with the way the CBA works with a fifth-year option and then [what happened] last year,'' Reid said. "It gives my family peace of mind knowing where we'll be the next couple of years. I enjoyed being here.

"I like that it's low key here. It's not too busy. Traffic isn't crazy. I like the defense and the coaching staff, so I'm excited.''

I loved reading this today ^^^

on another note. Kareem Hunt gets signed for kicking a female. My dude KAP still hasn't been signed.

The dolphins should sign Kap.

It’s not about us. It’s about the players taking a stand

And they won’t.

Kap should def be in the league. Duval gave a small business example that made me understand the NFL’s side more but yeah mans deserves another chance

I am sure at THIS point, signing with an NFL team isn't something he would even agree to terms with.
he's been in NY/NJ through the duration of the szn. there's things going on in the background, but its mainly legal negotiations lol

I really enjoyed the NFL but I don't like the senseless killing of unarmed people of color by the police. If taking a stand means I don't watch anymore then so be it.

It sucks because nobody really gives af. Almost like what's the point. People look at you like you're dumb for not watching

It’s more than just “oh look they signed a guy!”. They’re picking and choosing who to pay off to shut people up. **** that. It’s like Gucci sending out belts to make people ok with their blatant racist outburst

Last edited:
Comparing the Hunt and Kaep situations is dumb.

Here’s why:

- the kick in question was a tap. Doesn’t make what he did right but if were being completely honest, there was nothing vicious or painful about that kick.

- Merit. Kaepernick was objectively bad the last we saw him under center. Yes he got a raw deal quarterbacking for Chip Kelly but the way he was playing he was going to be cut and likely would have had to take a prove it deal elsewhere.

Conversely Kareem Hunt was THE rushing champion in his rookie year and honestly he looked even BETTER this season. If we take his per game production and extrapolate those averages over the remaining frames he missed, only Christian McCaffrey & Saquon Barkley would have rivaled him in production (as Gurley was obviously injured down the stretch).

So it’s an apples to oranges comparison. Should Kaepernick have been afforded another opportunity to compete for a starting QB gig somewhere? Absolutely.

But it’s intellectually dishonest to sit here and say “look at this piece of **** Hunt get a job after he kicked a woman but Kaep can’t get a job after kneeling” when you consider all the factors. Hunt is also a kid. He’s a ****ing child. If he were above the age of 25 and was a middling talent he wouldn’t even generate any interest.

RB is the single most easily replaced position in football. Anyone looks at the advanced metrics knows that in 2017 Alfred Morris & Rod Smith combined to virtually mirror a suspended Zeke’s production at a 1:1 clip. Cowboys didn’t skip a beat without Zeke.

We saw CJ Anderson get signed off the couch and essentially mirror Gurleys production this season. Ditto Damien Williams for the Chiefs once Kareem Hunt got canned.

What’s my point? Easy. You don’t go out and sign a ******* like Hunt at an easily replaced position like RB unless he’s a special talent.

Which Hunt is. Kareem Hunt in a vacuum is still one of the top 8 RB TALENTS in the league.

Make no mistake Kaepernick was blackballed because of his beliefs and actions. I just can’t help but wonder if he’d still be around if he were a top 8 player at his position.

They brought Eric Reid back b/c his talent was undeniable. Not b/c someone said “oh it’s not right that he lost his job b/c of kneeling.” No, the Panthers went out and got him because they needed to fill a need. It was a football decision, a business decision. No more, no less.

So when it comes down to football. As much as I support Kaepernick, he sucked. That’s not to say he’s not better than virtually all backup QBs in the league and a handful of starters (like Bortles, Eli, etc). He was def better but clearly not good enough to warrant the never ending PR ****storm and likely a perpetual media circus.

Comparatively, nobody is even going to be talking about the Hunt situation come September. Business as usual.

Comparing the Hunt and Kaep situations is dumb.

Here’s why:

- the kick in question was a tap. Doesn’t make what he did right but if were being completely honest, there was nothing vicious or painful about that kick.

- Merit. Kaepernick was objectively bad the last we saw him under center. Yes he got a raw deal quarterbacking for Chip Kelly but the way he was playing he was going to be cut and likely would have had to take a prove it deal elsewhere.

Conversely Kareem Hunt was THE rushing champion in his rookie year and honestly he looked even BETTER this season. If we take his per game production and extrapolate those averages over the remaining frames he missed, only Christian McCaffrey & Saquon Barkley would have rivaled him in production (as Gurley was obviously injured down the stretch).

So it’s an apples to oranges comparison. Should Kaepernick have been afforded another opportunity to compete for a starting QB gig somewhere? Absolutely.

But it’s intellectually dishonest to sit here and say “look at this piece of **** Hunt get a job after he kicked a woman but Kaep can’t get a job after kneeling” when you consider all the factors. Hunt is also a kid. He’s a ****ing child. If he were above the age of 25 and was a middling talent he wouldn’t even generate any interest.

RB is the single most easily replaced position in football. Anyone looks at the advanced metrics knows that in 2017 Alfred Morris & Rod Smith combined to virtually mirror a suspended Zeke’s production at a 1:1 clip. Cowboys didn’t skip a beat without Zeke.

We saw CJ Anderson get signed off the couch and essentially mirror Gurleys production this season. Ditto Damien Williams for the Chiefs once Kareem Hunt got canned.

What’s my point? Easy. You don’t go out and sign a ******* like Hunt at an easily replaced position like RB unless he’s a special talent.

Which Hunt is. Kareem Hunt in a vacuum is still one of the top 8 RB TALENTS in the league.

Make no mistake Kaepernick was blackballed because of his beliefs and actions. I just can’t help but wonder if he’d still be around if he were a top 8 player at his position.

They brought Eric Reid back b/c his talent was undeniable. Not b/c someone said “oh it’s not right that he lost his job b/c of kneeling.” No, the Panthers went out and got him because they needed to fill a need. It was a football decision, a business decision. No more, no less.

So when it comes down to football. As much as I support Kaepernick, he sucked. That’s not to say he’s not better than virtually all backup QBs in the league and a handful of starters (like Bortles, Eli, etc). He was def better but clearly not good enough to warrant the never ending PR ****storm and likely a perpetual media circus.

Comparatively, nobody is even going to be talking about the Hunt situation come September. Business as usual.
I agree with the Hunt stuff but online too many folks have to say how appalled they are about Hunt. We all know it's not right (me probably for different reasons than most online virtue signalers) but I won't act like it's the worst either.

I agree with the Hunt stuff but online too many folks have to say how appalled they are about Hunt. We all know it's not right (me probably for different reasons than most online virtue signalers) but I won't act like it's the worst either.
People will think what they will. I don’t know what happened/ the whole story behind it and yes we’ve seen much worse. It’s more the fake gasp from the nfl and the owners as if it could never ever happen again........ 4 months later he’s hired again.

in the NFL, Hunt is a kid?

but they got cops shooting 12 year olds calling them adults?

People will think what they will. I don’t know what happened/ the whole story behind it and yes we’ve seen much worse. It’s more the fake gasp from the nfl and the owners as if it could never ever happen again........ 4 months later he’s hired again.
Why do we need to wait longer? That's that online stuff I don't get. If he does it again get rid of him. He will serve his suspension and that will be that. Otherwise I don't have no problem with him getting signed. That's why I said online stuff and as usual maybe the folks I talk to on these things just don't care like me

Back
Top Bottom