Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
agreeing that non black people shouldnt butt into black folks business is rich. The irony cannot be understated. You're the most vocal non black person regarding black issues on this site

i participate in all da threads, all threads matter (pun intended or nah.) what you won't find me doing is talk about stuff outside da analytics.

Not every black person is the same so don't pretend like you know who is gonna get mad at what. I don't got no love for ****s or black conservatives and I don't give a damn if someone like Nessa checks them

da point remains, find me a white/Hispanic/arabic liberal calling someone a black conservative as you say a raccoon on television..you won't, and its by design.

that's why from MSNBC to CNN to FOX when it comes to discussions involving race, da TV folks are savvy enough to get both sides of w/e demographic they're talking about to talk about da issue. Marcellus basically callin her on that, and he can as a black man.

Just because someone has black skin doesn't mean they're your brother or down to fight with you. He is in no position to try to check anyone of any race when discussing black issues.

he can cuz he is of that demographic and Nessa ain't...he literally breaks it down with Vlad...(i personally ain't absolute in his reasoning because French Montana occupies da same space Nessa does to me IMO)

its like when Erik Killmonger was allowed to challenge Black Panther for da Throne of Wakanda regardless of his affiliation.

Last edited:
So because she said he’s a ****, she’s not a “culture vulture?”

I’m not saying she is, I’m just asking why is it that she can’t be?

No. A culture vulture is someone that appropriates another culture for their own personal benefit without actually immersing themselves or even understanding said culture. Once they've received said benefits that they were seeking they just revert back to who they were originally unscathed.

Nessa has been discussing issues like police brutality and criminal justice reform before she even got with Colin 3-4 years ago. And it doesn't seem like she's slowing down in her activism even if you're not hearing Colin's name anymore.

A person who is culturally insensitive = Culture vulture

Appropriating a culture, while not respecting the background, origins, indigenous people of said culture.

Yea an Egyptian calling a brother man a Racoon doesn't fly.

Not sure why that is hard to understand.

yep, it transcends political affiliation...

Peter Rosenberg from Hot 97 is a liberal jew from da upper west side, originally from DC.. when that whole Nessa ish popped off her being his radio colleague, he had to let Ebro do all da Raccoon talk, because its not his place and he said it himself.

If that's your stance, why do you in particular have any comments in this conversation at all?

i ain't calling anyone a raccoon, neither is Rosenberg.

folks can talk about da issues, but when folks wanna go personal they leave it to folks in their own demographic to do da dirty work...ya seen enough panelists on CNN/FOX/MSNBC so ya know da script :lol:

yep, it transcends political affiliation...

Peter Rosenberg from Hot 97 is a liberal jew from da upper west side, originally from DC.. when that whole Nessa ish popped off her being his radio colleague, he had to let Ebro do all da Raccoon talk, because its not his place and he said it himself.

I think people don't mess with Ray Lewis to the point that they don't even care WHO is calling him a Racoon at this point.

But she is still out of line for it, no matter how true we think it is.

Yea an Egyptian calling a brother man a Racoon doesn't fly.

Not sure why that is hard to understand.

giphy.gif

Her roots are deeper in Africa than Raycoon’s are. I don’t get how you guys are playing her as “Egyptian,” the girl is black. Same as Afro-Latinas, Afro-Caribbean, or Afro anything else. Hell, Kaep got more white in him that she, Ray Ray, and Wiley, yet we support him as the black man.

So to act like Nessa can’t be an ally or call someone else that off of her “Egyptian” ethnicity or comparing her to the half white Kardashians based on physical features is preposterous, ludicrous, heinous, and down right shameful. People need to remember the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Eritreans, etc. are BLACK.

And FYI, this is not an attack at you DC. You know you're my guy.

I think people don't mess with Ray Lewis to the point that they don't even care WHO is calling him a Racoon at this point.

But she is still out of line for it, no matter how true we think it is.

precisely, when you get to da major leagues, you'll never see it, no matter much u agree like you said.

Her roots are deeper in Africa than Raycoon’s are. I don’t get how you guys are playing her as “Egyptian,” the girl is black. Same as Afro-Latinas, Afro-Caribbean, or Afro anything else

totally different.

Marcellus didn't delve into da arabworld vs sub-Saharan African Dynamic but he elluded enough to extract that there's a border when it comes to things due to history...

let's put it like this...Fat Joe ain't gonna be running around calling anyone a raccoon...thats a straight intimate figurative knife attack between 2 black people.

Egyptians, Ethiopians, Eritreans, etc. are BLACK.

its alot more nuanced than that from da video someone else posted a month or so back with da aforementioned groups from DC as well as Marcellus delineating what he, Ray Lewis, and Kapernick vs what she is.

Sometimes I wonder if you characters are the same in real life. If so you dudes are some legit head cases. You got a self proclaimed latino arguing about who is considered black when he can’t even acknowledge his own African ancestry. This used to be hilarious in younger years on here, now it’s just outright sad

You got a self proclaimed latino arguing about who is considered black when he can’t even acknowledge his own African ancestry

what does that that even mean? :lol: i am latino, full stop.

imagine someone introducing David Ortiz on ESPN as "self proclaimed Latino, Red Sox DH" you sound nuts. :lol:

The question remains, why is a self proclaimed latino engaged in an argument about what a Black person has the authority to say? It seems as if someone wants to immerse himself in culture that does not belong to him, all while denying that his ancestors were on the same slave ships. Hilarious.

The question remains, why is a self proclaimed latino

we're not gonna get past this to you get this right...

self proclaimed implies im not...is Alex Rodríguez a "self proclaimed latino?"

It seems as if someone wants to immerse himself in culture that does not belong to him

you mean NY birthed hiphop culture?

tumblr_nlomqqB8bR1u1v34to1_640.jpg

yeah... :lol: keep da conversation to Kaep, cuz you're on a losing trajectory.

Last edited:
Did slave ships make voyages to Hispaniola?
Didn’t the same Spaniards drive the indigenous population extinct?

For the third time, a self proclaimed Latino has no business even engaging in what a Black person has the authority to speak on in OUR community.

And don’t you ever forget that hip hop culture is BLACK culture.

Keep editing them posts though. Per usual, you’re way out of your league intellectually. I’d suggest engaging in your own culture for a change. Where’s da Latin thread?

For the third time, a self proclaimed Latino

you not getting anywhere with me calling me "self proclaimed Latino"

you wouldn't call Jennifer Lopez a "Self proclaimed latina" and those slave ships hit up Puerto Rico just da same, so quit da bull ish.

And don’t you ever forget that hip hop culture is BLACK culture

:lol: exclusively? no its not. its NYC culture created by latino & black. style wars would tell you that.

Back
Top Bottom