college basketball game gets RICK ROLL'D.

.. oh my god,� hahaha
roll.gif

Wow, that was actually less funny than I thought it would be.
I think it was the reactions of the people that killed it for me (they were just like "eh."), great concept though.

I'd go to jail for that one cheerleader. You already know which one I'm talking about.

And the guy couldn't even imitate him right. If Rick were dead, he would be rol... nevermind, too easy.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I'd go to jail for that one cheerleader. You already know which one I'm talking about.

And the guy couldn't even imitate him right. If Rick were dead, he would be rol... nevermind, too easy.

laugh.gif

New York Times Gets Rick Roll'd
Posted by Brian Leahy - Friday, March 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Rickrolling is great because even the giants are vulnerable to its sting. The New York Times ran a story about a prank on a college basketball game. The gamewas seemingly interrupted during a time out and Rick Roll'd by an Astley look-a-like.

Turns out the video was faked and was created through clever editing. No one was actually Rick Roll'd. Except the New York Times.

After learning it was a fake, they were forced to print a retraction.

"An article on Monday about a popular Internet video prank known as rickrolling referred incorrectly to its use during a March 8 women's basketballgame at Eastern Washington University, based on information provided by Pawl Fisher, a student; Davin Perry, who shoots game videos for the university; andDave Cook, its sports information director. The stunt, which involves a person lip-synching the 1980s hit song "Never Gonna Give You Up" whiledressed as the British singer Rick Astley, was performed before the start of four separate basketball games, and the pranksters distilled the performances intoa YouTube video. The March 8 game, between Eastern Washington and Montana State, was not interrupted by a performance."

lol @ the boy singing at :51...is Rick Rolling some internet thing...i thought it was only on NT...

Old guy is just seating there with the stone face
laugh.gif

and what's up with the scientology sign "lol?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

lol @ the boy singing at :51...is Rick Rolling some internet thing...i thought it was only on NT...

Well...NT is on the internet..so I guess its both? but yes.. its an internet wide joke.. been going for a while, and its HILARIOUS.

Back
Top Bottom