College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

^ son never would post his info on here..makes you wonder

nerd.gif

[T.I.P] For as long as I remember I've been tellin y'all to pull these _'s resume's... You Better Check Up On These _'s... These _'s Be Lyin... These _'s Aint Really Kickin This **$@ They Tellin Y'all [/T.I.P.]

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah but, dude usually keeps it 100.

Doesn't strike me as they fronting type...But, then again, I don't really know dude except for what he does on here.

Plus, he kept us abreast about some of his offers and %+@@...How he was thinking about walking on at Georgetown (I beilieve), how Jeff Teague was giving himthe business in AAU ball. All types of %+@@.

But I mean, it ain't like _'s won't find out once the pre season b-ball %+@@ starts anyways...No sense in lying.

But there are other D-1 dudes on here, but you wouldn't know because dudes never say their name. Like dude who plays football for Miss. St. I only know whohe is b/c he happened to be in an article I posted on here about their football team...

So, I give him the benefit of the doubt....

That's the problem. You're giving someone the benefit of the doubt. All he had to say is that he'll try to walk on if he wasn't offered ascholarship. And you say that he got his !$+ bust by Jeff Teague. There are hundreds of AAU teams with kids who also got embarrassed. You don't have to lieto anyone. If he's was recruited then he was but with all of the information available via the Internet it makes it hard not to question the validitybehind these statements. Reminds me of:

ap_Kevin_hart_080207_mn.jpg

Originally Posted by dreClark

^ son never would post his info on here..makes you wonder

[T.I.P] For as long as I remember I've been tellin y'all to pull these _'s resume's... You Better Check Up On These _'s... These _'s Be Lyin... These _'s Aint Really Kickin This **$@ They Tellin Y'all [/T.I.P.]

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Yeah but, dude usually keeps it 100.

Doesn't strike me as they fronting type...But, then again, I don't really know dude except for what he does on here.

Plus, he kept us abreast about some of his offers and %+@@...How he was thinking about walking on at Georgetown (I beilieve), how Jeff Teague was giving him the business in AAU ball. All types of %+@@.

So, I give him the benefit of the doubt....

[h1]High School Football Player Fakes His Own Recruitment[/h1]
February 8, 2008

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

nah I'm just joshin` I hope he really did get recruited and does work...

Originally Posted by RocDaMike11

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Avery Bradley tryin' to get his grades up is a good sign for UCLA ...
not really... I'd think that Texas is in the lead for him, especially with him needing to get his grades up

now if you said Gaddy and UCLA, I'd say there is a good chance of that happening... not guaranteeing anything but have heard talk about Gaddy possibly committing to UCLA soon

but in the case of Bradley, at Prep & in WA, you only need a 1.8 GPA the previous semester to be eligible to play... however in order to be eligible to play in the NCAA, you need a 2.0 minimum overall GPA and I believe UCLA's requirement is slightly higher than the NCAA minimum

at this moment, it looks like Bradley wouldn't qualify and Bellarmine Prep's curriculum isn't what most people would call easy, especially if you need to raise your GPA and you haven't been pullin 2.0 overall already

I know there was talk about Gaddy & Bradley being a package deal, but that's the same talk that surrounded Mayo & Walker earlier and look where they ended up... Bradley has said he wouldn't mind playing with Jordan Hamilton at Texas, if indeed Hamilton goes there

pretty much. bradley cant make up the grades into to get into UCLA. UCLA wants him tho but cant get him in. gaddy UCLA would be nice but there are questions ifgaddy is a Ben Howland type PG i would take him tho

Texas class can look nice if they get Hamilton,sidney and bradley
eek.gif

i read this thread and all i see is %+@@, (O_O ) (O_O) ( O_O),________, N,
nerd.gif
. can yall mother %*%+$@+ type right
laugh.gif
Dre and cake im looking yoway
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Dre and cake im looking yo way
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[1990's Slang] YOU AINT TALKIN TO ME FAMILY!!!!! [/1990's Slang]

indifferent.gif

hansbrough-dockery.jpg

(>_<)!!!!

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
(>_<)

HOLD UP!
+$@# is you talking to boy???

(o_0) !?!??!?!?!?!

So what's the deal with Bradley and Gaddy being a package?

Texas reelin' in two top 10 talents is major. Maybe more to come ...

Plus Tristan Thompson in '10.

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
(>_<)

HOLD UP!
+$@# is you talking to boy???

(o_0) !?!??!?!?!?!
laugh.gif

[h1]Big-man prospect Orton's father says Cats No. 1[/h1]
The father of highly regarded big man prospect Daniel Orton said on Wednesday that Kentucky was the favorite in the recruiting race for his son.

"I would kind of say that," Larry Orton said.

When asked why Kentucky was the favorite, the elder Orton had a one-word response: "Basketball," he said.

Orton, the son, plans to visit basketball country at an optimal time. He has set up an official campus visit for Oct. 9-11, the weekend Kentucky will stage its Big Blue Madness celebration.

Orton, the son, a 6-foot-10, 256-pound center/forward, said Kentucky was among his top three schools, along with Kansas and Ohio State. Orton, who lives in Oklahoma City, also mentioned Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas.

so Orton and Wall will be in Lexington for Madness.....Gillispie's a genius.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RellBettaBlues

That's the problem. You're giving someone the benefit of the doubt. All he had to say is that he'll try to walk on if he wasn't offered a scholarship. And you say that he got his !$+ bust by Jeff Teague. There are hundreds of AAU teams with kids who also got embarrassed. You don't have to lie to anyone. If he's was recruited then he was but with all of the information available via the Internet it makes it hard not to question the validity behind these statements. Reminds me of:

ap_Kevin_hart_080207_mn.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was hands down the funniest thing I've seen this year

September 4, 2008
[h1]Selby planning more visits[/h1]
Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
Five-star 2010 guard Josh Selby of Hyattsville (Md.)DeMatha High School is still wide open in his recruitment, but he does have plans to visit four other schools after coming off his Louisville visit.

[table][tr][td]
JOSHSELBY6_23200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Selby is a dynamic scorer.[/td] [/tr][/table]Next up for Selby is a September 20 visit to Tennessee for the Florida football game. Then on October 4, he will visit Virginia Tech. He is also in theprocess of setting up visits to Florida and Memphis.

Selby, 6-foot-1, 180-pounds, noted a couple new things he learned about Louisville during his visit last week.

"I learned that they treat the Louisville basketball team like it's an NBA team," said Selby. "I also learned that under Coach Pitino,Louisville has produced a lot of NBA players."

In the final analysis, however, Selby is more concerned with off the court issues in choosing a school.

"The most important thing to me is looking at how a school will benefit me in life in general," he said. "Basically, I'm looking at where Ican mature the most."

Being recruited as both a point guard and shooting guard, Selby is willing to spend time at both positions but would prefer that most of those minutes be atthe point guard position.

"Louisville is recruiting me as a combo guard," he said. "Tennessee is recruiting me as point guard. Some schools see me as a shooting guard andothers as a point guard. I want to play the point, but I'll play either. I just want to play."

Selby is the No. 7 prospect in the Rivals150 and the No. 2 ranked point guard.

Josh Selby scouting report:

A combo guard, Selby is a dynamic playmaker who specializes in knocking down tough shots. At times he can get out of control and force shots, but there is nodenying his ability to create something out of nothing. Although he has a scorers mentality, Selby also has the ability to creative scoring opportunities forteammates and is a strong on the ball defender.]

Durant, Beasley....seems like the top kids in the class tend to leave the area

"I learned that they treat the Louisville basketball team like it's an NBA team," said Selby. "I also learned that under Coach Pitino, Louisville has produced a lot of NBA players."
You'll also learn, it is a business with him.

Gettin thrown under the bus, being in and out of the dog house is not something I'd wana deal with.

Selby should just follow his teammate Naji Hibbert on down to College Station
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And Seton Hall picked up another transfer today in Keon Lawrence from Missouri.

dul Gaddy, the 6-3 point guard from Tacoma (Wash.) Bellarmine Prep, will begin his official visit to UCLA today,according to sources close to the situation.
Gaddy arrived in Los Angeles Wednesday night, and then Thurday will start his official visit, which will go until Saturday.

UCLA coaches will then have an in-home visit with Gaddy September 9th.

Different sources have indicated that it's between UCLA and Arizona for him. He's alsoscheduled to visit Arizona next weekend.

The general feeling on the recruitment is that UCLA has really made up some ground on Arizona with Gaddy. The official visit to UCLA is key in making up

Bradley and Hamilton would be
pimp.gif
... Then you add Shawn Williams, and possibly another scholarship or two to throw around... SICK.

xpatrickstar,

Do you know if Hibbert was playing with Dematha? If he was, what were your thoughts on him?

Back
Top Bottom