College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Word? What makes you say that? He still is raw as hell and makes plays because he is a freak athlete. It's not like his skills are very refined Thabeet's biggest asset is his athleticism and size combo. It's not like he's stepping out and hitting 15 foot jumpers or something.
Do you watch college basketball? Do you see the development he's had over the last 2 years? You think that was by coincidence or maybe it had something to do with Calhoun and his coaching staff and their ability to develop NBA players. Do you understand the help he had from the likes of Okafor, Boone, Hilton, Voskul, etc during the last 2 summers? You think he would have gotten that kind of development and attention at Cincy?

Yes, I understand that the jump that he made from his Freshman to Sophmore year was ridiculous and he asserted himself into being one of the best players inthe BE as well as the BE player of the year. I don't question the training that he's received at UCONN more that you're knocking Cincy. I thinkthat he would've been developed very well under Cronin, and I think that you'll see a similar result with John Riek down in Cincy. You are correctthough there is nothing like playing against top flight alumni, which UC can't offer right now due to it's strained relationship with many of Hugginsplayers. Not knocking Thabeet at all his game is progressing but he still is very raw.

Hollis Thompson transferring for Loyola to De La Salle.

I guess they run the princeton offense which would be a nice start for him.

Second time Calhoun swiped a recruit from Cincy last minute. He took Thabeet from us too.
Hash would not be the player he is now if he went to Cincy. And Kemba knows the deal. Every big time lead guard who's come through Storrs has been successful on the collegiate level and/or given a chance to play at the professional level. Kevin Ollie, Taliek, powder puff, Marcus Williams, AJ, and soon to be Kemba.
Doug Wiggins anybody?

Doug Wiggins anybody?
I said big time lead guard. He wasn't even the highest rated guard in his class (Dyson). Doug Wiggins is a serviceable guard, not somebodyyou put the destiny of your team in the hands of.

Doug Wiggins anybody?
I said big time lead guard. He wasn't even the highest rated guard in his class (Dyson). Doug Wiggins is a serviceable guard, not somebody you put the destiny of your team in the hands of.
St. John's would have
laugh.gif
I think he backed out of his verbal (as anyone would have) and ended up at UConn.

September 8, 2008
[h1]Walker ready to Cowboy up[/h1]
Justin Young
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Senior Writer

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
After walking around Stillwater, meeting the Oklahoma State fans and getting a taste of life at the Big 12 school, Georgia forward Torin Walker couldn't wait any longer. The 6-foot-9 big man verballycommitted to Travis Ford and the Cowboys.

Walker officially visited Oklahoma State last weekend and said he saw enough on his first trip to end his recruitment right away.

[table][tr][td]
TORINWALKER2_25200A.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Torin Walker is headed to the Big 12.[/td] [/tr][/table]"After football game, I was walking around and meeting fans. They were great," Walker said. "Later on when I waswalking on campus I knew I wanted to go there."

And so he is. Walker joins Fred Gulley and Raymond Penn in the 2009 recruiting class for the Cowboys. Walker, athree-star prospect, said he looks forward to diving into the offense that Ford employs.

"I love running the court," Walker said. "That's where I feel like I play my best. Coach said that I'd be a four and a five in theiroffensive set. They said they feel like I have a good perimeter shot and a decent post game that will fit well in their system."

Walker said the style of play had a lot to do with his decision.

"Everyone loves an uptempo offense and they are some of the best coaches in the country at that in coach Ford and Butch Pierre," Walker said."Then you thrown in their crowd, it's easy. Their fan base is great. They have already sold out this season. Then they have a good academic programthat I can fit well out there, too."

Walker said he also considered Minnesota, Georgia and Kentucky "but Oklahoma State really got me.

I know someone pointed it out before but doesn't it seem like OSU just gets kids who look like athletes.

[h1]Off The Court With...Jeremiah Rivers[/h1]

2270539.jpeg
[h1]Jeremiah Rivers is the son of current Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers.[/h1]

Sept. 9, 2008

Indiana junior Jeremiah Rivers, a transfer from Georgetown,sat down with IUHoosiers.com to talk about a wide range of topics from why he chose the number he did to what he is looking forward to this year.Rivers will have to sit out the 2008-09 season to satisfy NCAA transfer rules.

What is your favorite game/shot/moment playing basketball?
"I wouldn't say there is one in particular that sticks out, but one that comes to mind right now is in ninth grade when I hit a game-winning shot fromthe sideline to put us over the hump. In college against North Carolina in the Elite Eight game, I hit some big free throws that helped propel us to overtimeand eventually to win that game."

What has been the biggest adjustment you have had to make since joining the Indiana basketball program?
"I'd say adjusting to the whole Indiana culture and the passion the fans have for basketball. I think the every school has a passion for sports,particularly the dominant sport at that school. But here the culture is a whole different lifestyle, in a very good way."

If had to list one person/place/thing that led you to Indiana, who would it be?
"Coach Crean drew me here. Out of all the choices or possibilities I had, I think he was ultimately the one that propelled my decision to come to Indiana,because of the intensity that he brings to the game of basketball."

Before joining the Indiana basketball program, what was one word that came to mind when some one said Indiana basketball?
"Winning tradition, Bob Knight, Isiah Thomas, Randy Wittman and some of the other great players that have played here. Even some of the newerguys...I've played against Bracey Wright a few times and I like his game and he is a godo guy and I've been able to meet Eric (Gordon) and D.J. (White)a little bit. So the past and present players are what I think of when I think of Indiana basketball."
[table][tr][td]

trans.gif

[table][tr][td]�[/td] [/tr][/table]

[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
What are you looking forward to the most going into this year?
"Personally, I'm looking forward to improving my basketball game and getting better so next year I can lead this team to win more games, which I will.And from the team perspective, I think this is a great opportunity for us to quickly get experience and mature as a team. We are young and we are going to haveto grow up quick."
What do you enjoy doing when you are not playing basketball?
"I'm a real big movie fanatic. I like to watch DVDs and play some video games and I make my own music too. I've got a program on my computer thatI can make music with and just recently got into reading. I haven't read too many books yet but one of my favorites so far has been Love of theGame by Michael Jordan."

If you were not playing basketball, is there another sport you thing you could play at the collegiate level?
"Honestly, I think I have been blessed with the body that I have - my height, my strength and speed - I think football would definitely be one of them. Iplayed in Texas and a little in Florida as a running back. And I think tennis and baseball too. If I decided to practice and focus on any of those three, Ithink I could play in college and in the pros."

Do you have any superstitions before practice or games?
"I don't have any superstitions, I just like to have a little routine before a game but nothing other than that. No black cats or anything like that.If you can play the game you can play the game, if you can't then you can't."
Why did you pick the number you did to wear at Indiana(Rivers wears #5)?
"I know Deron Williams wore it in college and Jason Kidd wears it and those are two players I think my game is similar to or would like my game to besimilar to in some ways. Obviously I would like to add my own swagger when I'm playing. And all through high school I wore no. 25 because my dad (DocRivers) wore that and I looked up to my dad. But then in college, I felt it was time to break away and establish my own number but still keep a little bit ofthe Rivers in it."

For someone who hits the sides of backboards on uncontested 3's, he is not lacking confidence.

reports say hollis pops is butt hurt that JT3 didnt pick his son up for the USA team, UCLA mods say he proably will stick with Gtown tho

Ya heard that and People say Duke is still his favorite team and he wants to stay on the West Coast as well, his mom only wanted G'Town, etc.

But he's said he's still G'Town...I'd be surprised if he switched up at this point. That school change to tougher academics and a Princeton Oseem to hold that up.

*not Carlo from Utah
laugh.gif
, but he did answer 1 of my questions

Andy Katz: (12:06 PM ET ) Here to chat for a bit

Brad(NM): Andy I really enjoyed your article on the great Don Haskins. Can you say a few words about what he meant to college basketball oreven sports in general?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:07 PM ET ) I had thepleasure of covering the Bear for five years in the early '90s. I did look at him as an iconic figure. I truly believe that Haskins didn't get as muchcredit as he should have for not only breaking the color barrier by starting an all-African American team but also for building a consistent winner in theSouthwest for more than a decade.

Pete (NC): Who joins the Heels in the Final Four this year? I have a feeling it's a double dose of the ACC this year. Your thoughts?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:07 PM ET ) I'm not readyto go there yet. But I will be surprised if at least one Big East team isn't in the Final Four with North Carolina.

John (Dallas): Andy, thoughts on the ex Kansas players at the NBA rookie camp?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:08 PM ET ) Always seemed tobe good kids but clearly made a dumb decision to have "guests" in their room at the NBA rookie orientation meeting. They aren't coveted by theleague so they essentially gave themselves a chance to be made expendable.

Nolan (Albany, NY): Siena is a Sweet 16 threat this year, yes? How far do you think they can go and there aren't many mid major guardsbetter than Kenny Hasbrouck

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:09 PM ET ) Yes, his name isStephen Curry. But I do think Siena could make things interesting in March. Interested to head up there later this month.

John (Dallas): Andy, with the center added to UCLA does that change where you would rank them?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:10 PM ET ) I haveconsistently thought UCLA would be a top five to 10 team. The UCLA staff thinks I'm too high on them. I don't.

Fred Spokane: Is this the year the Zags finally get over the hump and make it into the 2nd weekend of the tourney and will Daye be ready toplay?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:11 PM ET ) If there ever isa year this is it. I know at least one publication that has them in the top five. Gonzaga should be a consensus top 10 team.

Carlo (Provo, UT): How do you see Georgetown performing in the Big East this year? I think their starting 5 is up there with anybody...butI'm scared about the quality and depth of their bench. What do you think?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:12 PM ET ) Depth will be anissue. Interesting to see how dominating, if at all, Greg Monroe can be in the post. The problem is the Big East is absolutely loaded. It will be hard for themto move too high up in the standings.

John (Dallas): Andy, I know it's your job, but do you start getting excited that college basketball is about a month away like many of usare? I love baseball, like the NFL and NBA but I have a blast with college basketball.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:13 PM ET ) Love the job. Butthe winter travel gets old fast. But it's hard to complain, so I'll stop now.

Mike Columbia: What does the future hold for my beloved Tigers and will Mike Anderson get his team going in the right direction?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:13 PM ET ) Anderson said inlate August that this team had a better work ethic, chemistry and he seemed genuinely excited about coaching this team. Let's see if that actuallytranslates into wins.

Rusty(Long Beach, NY): Thoughts on St. John's? Seems they're starting to make a little progress on the recruiting front.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:15 PM ET ) My thoughts arethat St. John's isn't at home in the NIT Season Tip-Off and instead is at the BC regional in a New York-based tournament. That speaks volumes to meabout the Red Storm relevance in the city and nationally. It is a long climb out of the abyss for Norm Roberts but it has been a slow decline even before hegot there. I'm not convinced other than someone on the level of Pitino or Calipari could pull this team to the top tier of the Big East in the currentclimate.

Scott (Albany NY): Andy what happened with the 3 Cuse players? I know they were not guilty of the charges but did the school rule on any kindof punishment?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:15 PM ET ) Yes, but itisn't anything that will affect their playing time this season.

Dan (NY): Hey Andy, do the Omari Lawrence commitment to St. John's and the highly regarded transfers to Seton Hall bode well for thereturn of nationally significant college ball to the hoops capital of the world, or are these just minor talent upgrades expected in a league as competitive asthe Big East is every year?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:16 PM ET ) Still don'tsee ether team making themselves relevant enough to climb into the top nine or 10 in the Big East this season.

Matt, Raleigh: Does Duke get back over the hump this year and make some noise in the tourny?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:16 PM ET ) Yes, Duke will bein the tourney and be a top seed and likely at least get to the second weekend. But I don't see an Elite Eight or Final Four team out of this group.

William ( Amarillo, Tx ): I got Texas and N.Carlina as favor to win tha national champion. Do you agree?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:18 PM ET ) The Carolina pickis easy, the Texas pick is bold. Rick Barnes is convinced the Longhorns will be very good again, but not having DJ Augustin makes it hard to put them as atitle favorite. I had Texas as No. 1 (when it looked like Carolina was going to lose three players) but that was when Augustin hadn't declared.

DJ Cuse: Why did Keon Lawrence leave Missouri? Was he really home sick b/c he could have been our leader this year?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:19 PM ET ) Seton Hall'sspin is Keon needed to be closer to his family in Newark that is dealign with death and illnesses.

Brian (Carbondale, IL): Andy, do you know much about Southern Illinois recruiting class? Are they the favorites to win the MVC?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:20 PM ET ) All I know isthat Chris Lowery is extremely high on this squad. The country will get a good look at SIU when the Salukis make it to New York for the Coaches vs. Cancertourney in New York against Michigan and two other schools named......Duke and UCLA.

David, Williamston, Mi: What do you think about Michigan State and will Michigan ever come to life ?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:20 PM ET ) If Delvan Roe ishealthy and Raymar Morgan is a star then the Spartans will win the Big Ten and be a Final Four contender. John Belein needs time to build so I wouldn'tgive up on Michigan just yet.

Dan (NYC): Andy, what can the Big East do in the future to try to achieve more balanced scheduling? As a long-time Big East fan, I'verarely seen an opening stretch as brutal as the one Georgetown faces to start the 08-09 season (after 12/13 home vs. Memphis, the Hoyas are @ Uconn, vs Pitt, @ND, vs PC, vs Cuse, @ Duke, vs WVU 1/22). That's 6-7 potential top 15 opponents in a month. Terrifying.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:22 PM ET ) I saw the BigEast's scheduler Tom Odjakjian at the Hall of Fame last Friday and he looked exhausted from spending countless nights trying to balance the Big Eastschedule. It's a brutal gig. I'm not sure there is much they can do with the league so balanced, so tough, and so full of NCAA-potential teams.

Melo (Brooklyn, NY): It really seemed like Carolina's stars didn't want to go back to Chapel Hill this year. Do you think teamchemistry will be a problem for the heavily favored heels?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:22 PM ET ) Not now. Back inJune, maybe, but not now. These guys want to win the title and Tyler Hansbrough returned to finish the job.

Ken (Tarzana, CA): ASU just landed a top High Schooler from Phoenix. Is it possible that Herb Sendek could end Lute's dominance in thestate of AZ?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:23 PM ET ) Yes that ispossible. Sendek was always a great recruiter at NC State. He's a fantastic coach. The ASU fans should be fully on the bandwagon for this squad.

Marc (Malden, MA): I can't take Gonzaga seriously until they move to a power conference. They can't be tourney tested playing in theWCC.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:26 PM ET ) I disagree.I'll tell you why. First off the WCC had three NCAA teams last season, that's three of eight. San Diego beat Connecticut in the first round. Secondly,Gonzaga has to go into hostile arenas (check out games at Saint Mary's dungeon) where they are expected to win. Gonzaga has all the pressure on itsshoulders every road game. That's not easy. Every Gonzaga game on the road in the WCC is an event. The crowds are jacked to harrass and beat the Zags.I've seen it many times on the road in this league. It's the same for schools like Butler in the Horizon or Southern Illinois in the Missouri Valley.

Mark (Baldwin Pa): Andy...Is PITT a "true" final four contender in your eyes? us Pitt fans are cautionly opptomistic that we'llget over that sweet 16 hump this year

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:28 PM ET ) Yes. DaJuan Blairand Sam Young will be two of the tougher inside players in the Big East, let alone the country, and a healthy Levance Fields is one of the tougher, money-shotpoint guards.

Mike (Boston): Al Skinner had a very good group of freshman last year. Will they + Tyrese Rice = an NCAA bid?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:29 PM ET ) The hope at BC isthat the Eagles can be atop that next tier of teams in the league (which I put after NC, Duke, Miami and Wake). The addition of Reggie Jackson with Rice makesthem a formidable, productive perimeter tandem. Scoring inside is a must and that will be up to players like Josh Southern.

Tim (St. Paul, MN): Tubby Smith has a good young class coming in for the Gophers. What can we expect from this team?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:30 PM ET ) You can expectthe Gophers to be in the middle of the Big Ten. The Big Ten will have an elite three again of Michigan State, Purdue and Wisconsin and then it is wide open.

Bob (NY, NY): The NCAA doesn't have a fair bone in it's body. Mike Cook is getting screwed...

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:32 PM ET ) I don't thinkthe NCAA is all about being mean and unfair. What I do think is that the committees, that are made up of people from member schools, not the home office inIndy, don't take the human element into consideration enough. They look too often at the strict rules interpretation. I agree, Cook should be cleared toplay.

DJ Cuse: Who will win more games this year-Indiana hoops or Indiana basketball?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:32 PM ET ) That's aclose call. But I have faith in Crean so I'll go with hoops by a nose.

Tyler (Little Rock, Arkansas): Hey Andy, I've been an avid Carolina fan for a really long time and I've noticed that the studentsection Dean E. Smith Center is relatively small compared to most schools. Although Carolina has a great winning percentage at home, do you think it would be amuch more intimidating venue if the student section was expanded, perhaps on both sides of the court because sometimes I question if teams are reallyoverwhelmed by the Dean Dome with all those old folks in the stands.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:34 PM ET ) I actuallydisagree a bit. The games at the Smith Center the past few seasons have been rocking. I've been there for some of the big ones and I find it to be quiteloud and intimidating. Moving the students down to one side has really helped the atmosphere.

Pa, Grand Rapids, MI: Where can I fine ESPN's tv college basketball schedule?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:34 PM ET ) As soon as it isreleased it will be on our site.

DJ Cuse: I meant Indiana football.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:34 PM ET ) I know you meantIndiana football but I'll say the Hoosiers hoops team will win nine basketball games.

Marc (Malden, MA): Do you think there should be a limit to the number of teams one conference can send to the tourney? Do we really want tosee a team that finished 6th in a power conference over a team that finished 2nd in a mid-major?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:35 PM ET ) Nope. Youcan't legislate the invitations.

John (Dallas): Andy, do you follow the NBA? Who do you think will get Rookie of Year in the NBA?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:35 PM ET ) Greg Oden,Portland.

Spence, Canada: How big of a coupe was getting Luke Babbitt for Nevada and the WAC?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:36 PM ET ) Huge coup forkeeping him home. Mark Fox has done a great job maximizing talent in Reno.

Kevin (Chicago): Hey Andy, any incoming freshman that we should know about now, a la Durant, Oden, Rose, Beasley?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:37 PM ET ) Plenty butI'll focus on one for you: watch the impact Demar DeRozan has for USC.
Also, toss in Jrue Holiday at UCLA.

Brent (Seattle): Wazzu will be better than people expect. They still return two starters and Klay Thompson will be the impact freshman theynever have. Don't be surprised to see them finish 4th in the Pac-10 and be back in the tournament.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:38 PM ET ) I agree. TheCougs will be forgotten only to finish in the top five in the Pac-10 -- again.

Gary Rochester: Who is your pre season final four?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:38 PM ET ) Still trying tofigure that out right now.

Ricco (Lexington, KY): I'm just curious. How do you view the UK Wildcats in the SEC this year as well as making the NCAA Tournament?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:39 PM ET ) If Patterson ishealthy as he should be then I see Kentucky in the dance, likely finishing in a tight race with Tennessee and Florida for first (being pushed too by Vandy) inthe SEC East.

Pete (NC): Can Oden still be considered a rookie?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:39 PM ET ) Yes. Hedidn't play last season so he is eligible to be rookie of the year.

Mike (Boston): Not to be a conspiracy theorist but ever since we got the George Mason/Wichita st. regional semi-final it seems as if thecommittee has made sure that the mid-majors end up meeting in the 1st or 2nd round. Like ODU/Butler two years ago, Davidson/Gonzaga this year. Your take?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:41 PM ET ) My take is thatyou are paranoid on this topic. I don't think it's true. I know what they go through in that room. It's too hectic to try and match mid majorsagainst mid majors.

Dan (NYC): Andy, we know UConn's title chances rest on the shoulders of talents like Thabeet, and Price, but what kind of impact donewcomers like Kemba Walker and Nate Miles have to have for the Huskies to return to the top?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:41 PM ET ) Walker will be asimportant to the Huskies' success as Price since he'll be the one giving him a blow and pushing him at the point and Miles, according to Jim Calhoun,will be a difference maker because of his shooting abilities.

Mark (NYC): Andy, whats the best early season tourney this season?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:42 PM ET ) Old Spice Classicin Orlando
Gonzaga, Michigan State, Georgetown, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, Maryland, Siena, Wichita State

Corey (Chicago): What do you think about the monster matchup of a game between North Carolina and MSU at Ford Field in Detroit? UNC isabsolutely loaded but MSU has the home court, who will pull it out?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:42 PM ET ) Not sure butI'm looking forward to it since it's one of the few times Carolina could lose this season.

Dan (NYC): Andy, do you think Mick Cronin's Bearcats can surprise some people now that UT transfer Mike Williams is healthy, or is the BigEast just too deep a conference?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:44 PM ET ) The Bearcats werea surprise last season -- without Williams. I do expect Cincy to be a pain for the Big East teams and challenge to crack that top 10 in the league.

Eli (Portland, OR): Andy, are the incoming freshman for the Ducks good enough for them to finish in the top 5 of the Pac-10?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:45 PM ET ) Talented enough?Maybe. But I don't see Oregon getting past: UCLA, Arizona State, USC, Washington State, Washington and Arizona. That puts Oregon in a group with Cal,Stanford and Oregon State.

Dan (Pittsburgh, PA): Andy - it seems Jamie Dixon flirts with other jobs when the opportunity arises. Do you think this is more a bargainingstrategy, or do you think he'd like to return west at some point? Also, if he leaves, do you think Pitt is an established enough program now thatthey'll have no issue making a strong hire instead of settling?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:45 PM ET ) He hasn'tflirted much at all. Pitt is his home now. He's a big name now. Pitt didn't settle. The Panthers made a bold hire and it paid off with a star in thebusiness. Just check the stats.

Alex (Chicago): Andy, do you think that Greg McDermott is the right man for the Iowa State job? He has had a lot of bad luck but I don'tsee any improvement from this team this year.

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:46 PM ET ) Yes he was theright hire at the time, but yes he has also had bad luck with injuries and attrition. We'll see if he can climb out of this hole.

Ryan (AZ): When do WCC and Pac-10 Schedules come out???

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:47 PM ET ) They are startingto trickle in so check the individual websites.
Thanks again for all the questions on a random September Tuesday.

Mark (Baldwin Pa): Andy...Is PITT a "true" final four contender in your eyes? us Pitt fans are cautionly opptomistic that we'll get over that sweet 16 hump this year

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:28 PM ET ) Yes. DaJuan Blair and Sam Young will be two of the tougher inside players in the Big East, let alone the country, and a healthy Levance Fields is one of the tougher, money-shot point guards.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Mark (Baldwin Pa): Andy...Is PITT a "true" final four contender in your eyes? us Pitt fans are cautionly opptomistic that we'll get over that sweet 16 hump this year

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:28 PM ET ) Yes. DaJuan Blair and Sam Young will be two of the tougher inside players in the Big East, let alone the country, and a healthy Levance Fields is one of the tougher, money-shot point guards.
indifferent.gif

Fixed!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:28 PM ET ) Yes. DaJuan Blair and Sam Young will be two of the tougher inside players in the Big East, let alone the country, and a healthy Fat ##!% Fields is one of the tougher, money-shot point guards.
indifferent.gif

Fixed!

Fixed!!

Rusty(Long Beach, NY): Thoughts on St. John's? Seems they're starting to make a little progress on the recruiting front.

Andy Katz: (12:15 PM ET ) My thoughts are that St. John's isn't at home in the NIT Season Tip-Off and instead is at the BC regional in a New York-based tournament. That speaks volumes to me about the Red Storm relevance in the city and nationally. It is a long climb out of the abyss for Norm Roberts but it has been a slow decline even before he got there. I'm not convinced other than someone on the level of Pitino or Calipari could pull this team to the top tier of the Big East in the current climate.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Not surprising at all...when Norm is gone after this season, Father Harrington HAS to make a big splash with who he brings in as the next HC. It'sembarrassing as an alum to see the program in shambles. St. John's USED to be NYC hoops...now it's a joke. Order HAS to be restored in Jamaica. I knowthey brought in Norm as a PR move cause he's a Queens guy, but I seriously wonder if the program would have been better off had they hired Matt Doherty?

Unless someone on that team finds a jumper...yeah, same thing. Probably an Elite 8 appearance though.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Nolan (Albany, NY): Siena is a Sweet 16 threat this year, yes? How far do you think they can go and there aren't many mid major guards better than Kenny Hasbrouck

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:09 PM ET ) Yes, his name is Stephen Curry. But I do think Siena could make things interesting in March. Interested to head up there later this month.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

How about this lineup in the house for USC's home game against Ohio State this weekend?

Official Visits: Kenny Boynton (No. 7, Rivals.com), Tyler Honeycutt (No. 29, Rivals.com), Noel Johnson (No. 38, Rivals.com), Shaughnessy Smith, Derrick Williams

Unofficial Visits: Junior Josh Smith (No. 1, Rivals.com), Renardo Sidney (No. 5, Scout.com), Jordan Hamilton (No. 5, Rivals.com) Jeremy Tyler (No. 7, Scout.com), Terrence Boyd (No. 50, Rivals.com), Gary Franklin

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

How about this lineup in the house for USC's home game against Ohio State this weekend?

Official Visits: Kenny Boynton (No. 7, Rivals.com), Tyler Honeycutt (No. 29, Rivals.com), Noel Johnson (No. 38, Rivals.com), Shaughnessy Smith, Derrick Williams

Unofficial Visits: Junior Josh Smith (No. 1, Rivals.com), Renardo Sidney (No. 5, Scout.com), Jordan Hamilton (No. 5, Rivals.com) Jeremy Tyler (No. 7, Scout.com), Terrence Boyd (No. 50, Rivals.com), Gary Franklin

Boynton taking an official to USC? I thought he was a UF lock?

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Nolan (Albany, NY): Siena is a Sweet 16 threat this year, yes? How far do you think they can go and there aren't many mid major guards better than Kenny Hasbrouck

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (12:09 PM ET ) Yes, his name is Stephen Curry. But I do think Siena could make things interesting in March. Interested to head up there later this month.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Then I see Ubiles and Franklin out at the chinese spot last night.
laugh.gif

And Franklin is no taller than 6'4...how he plays the 5 is incredible.

[h1]Watford = IU Bound[/h1]
The newest Indiana University commitment - Christian Watford - is excited to become a Hoosier and you can tell that by his comments to the media and also his Facebook page.

The 6-foot-7 Watford, who committed on Tuesday afternoon, has changed his status to read:

"ITS OFFICIALLLLLL CHRISTIAN WATFORD IS A HOOSIER!!!!!!!!"

Watford, a 6-foot-7 forward from Birmingham (Ala.), has also posted the following photo of himself, IU bound!

Back
Top Bottom