College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Nah, but in all seriousness I don't think Scoop and Rick gonna see that much because their sexual assault charges never got dropped. Jonny was the only one who they let off. I don't know when the trial date is though. Scoop is gonna get kicked out of school the rate that he is going at.
So ya'll went from being buns to burger buns.

Nice.

nit-header.jpg

"I'm looking at Kentucky, N.C. State, Memphis, Kansas, Oregon and Baylor."
seriously tho...this kids an idiot...or whoever is doing his recruiting..id rather see him end up UNC than any of the schools above minusBaylor..i kinda like them

Originally Posted by haiti5

"I'm looking at Kentucky, N.C. State, Memphis, Kansas, Oregon and Baylor."
seriously tho...this kids an idiot...or whoever is doing his recruiting..id rather see him end up UNC than any of the schools above minus Baylor..i kinda like them

e0a259540174c860555a85664a7b7688b98c1af.pjpg

The
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
is on yourbird????? (o_O)????

I read this thread every couple of days and I have no idea what the %!%@ yall %+%*%+ be typing or going at it about.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I read this thread every couple of days and I have no idea what the %!%@ yall %+%*%+ be typing or going at it about.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This _ Haiti dead wrong though...How you gon' suggest that he go to UNC? Of all schools....
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This _ Haiti dead wrong though...How you gon' suggest that he go to UNC? Of all schools....
smh.gif
smh.gif

CHURCH!! TABERNACLE!!!!

Leave it to Kentucky.
The Wildcats figured out a way to grab the stage all to themselves for the start of basketball practice. Instead of waiting to open on the NCAA-mandatedFriday, Oct. 17, they'll hold "Big Blue Madness" a week earlier, on Oct. 10.
[table][tr][td]
PATTERSONVANDY250.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kentucky fans will get a chance to see Patrick Patterson earlier than expected.[/td] [/tr][/table]UK found a loophole. The NCAA allows two hours of team workouts per week beginning Sept. 15. The Wildcats will save their two hoursthat week and use them on Oct. 10, no doubt in front of a packed house at Rupp Arena.
Is it fair? Will other schools follow suit, or will the NCAA add to its already-brimming rulebook to say no one can do this?

We asked basketball editor Bob McClellan and staff writer Andrew Skwara to debate the merits of moving up for Midnight Madness type of activities. Here iswhat they said:

SKWARA'S PICK: LET 'EM ALL MOVE UP

Kentucky is obviously taking advantage of a loophole in the rules here, but it makes sense for more schools to do the same.

Every year, several teams have trouble deciding whether to hold a "Midnight Madness" to open the start of practice. Some coaches don't likeit. They want to use the first practice to set a tone instead of starting the season off with slam dunks and a 3-point shootout. Some are worried about nothaving enough fan support. Others, like the Wildcats, are worried about sharing the spotlight with a football team who has a game that upcoming weekend.

The NCAA can fix much of that by allowing all teams to pick one day between Sept. 15 and the "official" start of practice where they can hosttheir versions of Midnight Madness.

It also would allow prospects to see what Midnight Madness is like at a handful of schools, instead of having to pick just one. Kentucky will have a bigadvantage in the recruiting game since their event will be a week before everyone else's this year. Changing the rules will create a more even playingground for everyone.

MCCLELLAN: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Isn't this getting to be a little silly? Midnight Madness got its start because someone - Lefty Driesell in particular - wanted to get a jump on thecompetition. He figured he could start practice at midnight since it technically was the first minute of the first day he was allowed to begin practice.

Driesell's brainchild mushroomed from there. First it was an innocent midnight mile run. Within a few years, thousands were coming to see an intrasquadscrimmage.

But these events really are elitist. In the midst of football season, how many of the 341 schools that play basketball really are capable of holding a legitMidnight Madness in which the fan base is truly interested? Maybe 10?

It's much ado about nothing. It's a practice. Are we really talking about practice? Where is Allen Iverson when you need him?

I can only praise Kentucky for a great idea. They get the stage to themselves, and it's a nice recruiting tool, too. Should others follow suit? No.Should the Wildcats or anyone else be allowed to continue the practice? No.

It's a lot of pomp for a minor circumstance. The NCAA should word the open of practice thusly: No school shall hold an open-to-the-public team workoutbefore 6 p.m. of the Friday closest to Oct. 15. On that day you may do whatever you like and throw open the doors.

Bob McClellan is the college basketball editor for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].
Andrew Skwara is a national writer for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- UNC Asheville's Kenny George, at 7-foot-7 the nation'stallest college basketball player, might not play this season because of a foot injury.

George had two surgical procedures on an infected right foot and remains in a Chicago hospital, the school said. The senior is not expected to return toschool this semester.

Coach Eddie Biedenbach said George first felt discomfort last month during a camp in Las Vegas. When he returned to his native Chicago, a doctor recommendedimmediate surgery.

George was the Big South's defensive player of the year after helping the Bulldogs win a school-record 23 games and reach the NIT last season. Georgeaveraged 12.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.3 blocks.

smh.gif
smh.gif

it was more like id rather see him go there for his own benefit...im not just a Duke fan..ima human being too...with a heart.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by haiti5

smh.gif
smh.gif
it was more like id rather see him go there for his own benefit...im not just a Duke fan..ima human being too...with a heart.
embarassed.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I don't wanna hear the bull %%**.

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

He's a solid player. Forget his 3 star rating....A reason Cuse, G'Town and UConn were his final 3.

Good frame, solid defender.

Think Jessie Sapp type.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Syracuse inked Brandon Triche today. I don't know if you guys get a subscription. But if anyone does.

You guys mind posting?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=7...URL=http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/791576.htmlhttp://scouthoops.scout.c...out.com/2/791576.html
[table][tr][td]Triche Headed To Big East
premium.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
544618.jpg

Brandon Triche
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By http://search.scout.com/a...mp;search=1&sskey="' + escape('Evan Daniels') + '%22&sssiteid=75';">Evan Daniels

Recruiting Analyst
Posted Sep 17, 2008
[/td] [td]
464509.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Brandon Triche had his list of schools narrowed to a handful of schools, but ultimately staying home was a major factor. The talented guard is headed to his hometown school.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Brandon Triche isstaying home to play at Syracuse.
The 6-foot-4, 195-pound combo guard, called Jim Boeheim and gave him a verbal commitment, Tuesdayevening.

"One of the reasons was I'm from Syracuse and it's close to home," Triche said."When I went on AAU trips, I liked being away from home, but not away from home. I know at Syracuse I'll be away from home, but still be close tohome."

"I just am going to have more opportunity to show my skills there," he continued."Syracuse is a guard school and with Johnny I think he might leave, so there will be an opportunity for me to come in and take his spot and get a lot ofplaying time."

His travel team coach, Mickey Walker, told Scout.com that Triche has the body and build to play in theBig East conference right away. To go with his frame, he's also versatile enough to play a few different positions.

"The most impressive thing to me about him is he's physically ready," Walker said."He's going to be able to make that transition. He's not a small kid. He's 6-4 and can play both guard spots."

During his junior season at Dewitt (N.Y.) Jamesville-Dewitt, Triche averaged just over 20 points a gameand seven rebounds and was also named the Class A state player of the year.

"He probably plays point guard more on the high school level," he continued. "His teamwon the Class A state championship this past year and he was the point guard. I'm not sure he'll be used exclusively in that way because he shoots itwell and he's big".

Triche, who is rated as a three-star prospect in the 2009 class, also considered Georgetown, Connecticut and Georgia Tech.

"Georgetown was very alluring to him but at the end of the day, if it was somebody that had a similar program to Georgetown and wasn't Georgetown, because it is hard to grow up in Syracuse and go to Georgetown, he would have gone there," Walker said. "That's not a reflection on their program. That's just kind of the way things go, especially when you had a family member that went to Syracuse when that rivalry was particularly heated."
Kid woulda been a favorite of mine if he pulled that move
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He's a solid player. Forget his 3 star rating....A reason Cuse, G'Town and UConn were his final 3.

Good frame, solid defender.

Think Jessie Sapp type.
Yea kind of who I had in mind. He is a bigger kid. Who can bang a little.

Fun to watch in HS. He gave Johnny Flynn the Biz
smokin.gif

Glad we grabbed him. I knew it was kind of coming becuase my mom works with the assistant coach of the hs.

Thanks JND1 for the article.

Back
Top Bottom