College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Avery Bradley to Texas.
He committed?

pimp.gif

Now get busy on Jordan Hamilton...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Avery Bradley to Texas.
He committed?

pimp.gif

Now get busy on Jordan Hamilton...

I think that Hamilton is virtually a lock to Texas. Only a matter of time until he announces IMO.

Yep Bradley committed.

Rumors of Terrell Vinson to Loyola Maramount

Just as strange as Aaric Murray choosing Lasalle.

They are high major players

Yep Bradley committed.

Rumors of Terrell Vinson to Loyola Maramount

Just as strange as Aaric Murray choosing Lasalle.

They are high major players
I was little upset about Aaric but I really thought that we had a good chance of Vinson, especially since once I saw he had Maryland on hislist.....How does my coaching staff lose out to Lasalle and Loyola Maramount...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No complaints from you after Mouph, Wayans and Armwood for 09...lol.

O yea, we did sign those guys right...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.....I'll shut up now and cross my fingers for Cheek who has a home visit set-up for Nova on the 23rd....

September 17, 2008

Sibert narrows down his list
Brian Snow
BuckeyeGrove.com
JORDANSIBERT7_9200.JPG

Talk about it in the Message Boards
The remnants from Hurricane Ike left over 80 percent of the city of Cincinnati without electricity. That closed schools, shut down the city, and gave people virtually nothing to do besides think, talk to their families, and throw away rotted food. In that time Cincinnati Princeton High School's five star shooting guard Jordan Sibert figured out the seven schools that he will focus on before making his decision.

Sibert is now down to seven schools.
After his blow up at the Adidas It Takes 5ive event happened in early July, Sibert became one of the most sought after recruits in the nation. With his athleticism, shooting stroke from deep, and versatility he garnered offers from nearly all the top schools in the Midwest, and some of the premier schools nationally.

After thinking things over and talking with his family, Sibert has now narrowed it down to a manageable number of seven. "In no order the schools are Ohio State, West Virginia, Xavier, Louisville, Maryland, Miami, and Cincinnati."

When asked how he came to that final group, Sibert said, "I did a lot of research and took it upon myself to see who was still recruiting me, see who was after me, and see who was showing the most interest. I also took a detailed look at the upcoming rosters of my top 7 schools recruiting me. I saw who was actually bringing somebody in, I researched the campuses, and I saw what they had to offer outside of basketball in terms of education. I took a lot of time, but I think I came down to a good group of seven. I am very content with where I am at right now."

In alphabetical order here is what he said about each of his final seven schools, and why they made the cut.

Cincinnati: "UC wasn't really in my top group when things started out, but the more and more they have showed that they are concerned about me and that they care about me, and the more they have wanted to get my family down there made me think about them more. They have showed me their offices, showed me their gym, they showed me their plan for the future, and they showed me how I will fit in with their program. That was a good thing to get them back in my top choices."

Louisville: "I don't know too much about Louisville. Pretty much I just know Coach (Rick) Pitino from talking to him and seeing him on TV. Hopefully getting down to Louisville will give me a broader look at what Louisville has and what they are planning on doing for me."

Maryland: "Maryland kind of came into the picture because my brother became familiar with the Maryland coach and told them about me. It was kind of funny to hear that they were finally recruiting me because he told them about me two or three or years ago. I have looked into their system and their system looks really good. Their coach has a good track record with guards. It would be a good fit for me. I don't know too much about the distance, I have to look more into that, but it looks like it would be a good fit if I went there."

Miami (FL): "Coach (Jorge) Fernandez is a great guy. He keeps in contact with me and makes sure that I am okay and whenever I need anything he is always there. I also know James Dews, and it is the same way. Whenever he comes into town and whenever I need anything he is also making sure that I am doing the right thing. They have just been showing me a lot of love and I really appreciate that."

Ohio State: "It was a lot of reasons. I really did a lot of research on them, and I still have more to do, but I really like the school. I got a good feeling when I went up there, and I am going back up there this Saturday for a game. Also there is one thing that OSU has that no one else has, and that is Jared Sullinger, that is a big thing for me."

West Virginia: "They fit pretty good. I like the whole coaching staff, Coach (Erik) Martin, Coach (Bob) Huggins, they showed me a lot of love when I came up there. It seems that they are concerned about me. I want to get down there again so I can see more about them, and see more of what they have to offer."

Xavier: "Xavier is a nice school, a cool school. I love being down there. I was just down there for an open gym. It just feels like home. I am very familiar with that area, and I love Coach (Sean) Miller. He is a great coach and a great person. Coach (James) Whitford is always inviting me there and keeping me in the loop. They are always concerned with me and I appreciate that."

All of those schools have been keeping tabs on Sibert this fall evaluation period, and for him it is exciting to see those schools in the gym looking at not only him, but his friends and teammates. "It's kind of crazy. I never really expected this to happen. I am used to a year ago seeing some smaller schools in the gym. It is good knowing that Coach Huggins or Coach Pitino are coming to the gym just to watch me. It is a thrill, and I am proud because I know it isn't just me being looked at, it is my friends and some of my family that is getting looked at as well. It kind of works out well for everybody."

Two of Sibert's good friends, Orlando Williams and Marquis Horne, also attend Princeton and recently made their college decisions. When asked what they told him about coming to a final choice, Sibert said, "They have told me to go wherever I feel comfortable. Their decisions were made because those were the schools that they feel comfortable at. They told me nobody forced them. They did make decisions prior and took them back, but they made those final decisions because they felt those were the places they needed to be. Marquis and Orlando, they just told me to go where I feel comfortable."

Finally when it comes to picking that final school, a choice might not be too far away, "I was talking about it with my family, and I am thinking that I will be making my commitment in late October or maybe November. Definitely sometime this year."

+@+@ Yuku, my bad double post might as well post this then.. .

Thought he was a UK lock but I guess he's just looking around still

Rings, Recruits Highlight KU Weekend
by Dave Telep of Scout.com, September 18, 2008 at 10:54am ET

Daniel Orton Profile

It's a big weekend for the national champs. Kansas not only will be awarded its rings for winning the title, but the present members of the team will be joined by a host of big time recruits.
The top prospect in town for the weekend will be No. 2 overall John Wall of Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God. No. 12 Daniel Orton and No. 20 Thomas Robinson will also make their way to Lawrence.

Orton's trip was originally set for Late Night but according to a source, the date was changed this week. He may also come back in October.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

+@+@ Yuku, my bad double post might as well post this then.. .

Thought he was a UK lock but I guess he's just looking around still

Rings, Recruits Highlight KU Weekend
by Dave Telep of Scout.com, September 18, 2008 at 10:54am ET

Daniel Orton Profile

It's a big weekend for the national champs. Kansas not only will be awarded its rings for winning the title, but the present members of the team will be joined by a host of big time recruits.
The top prospect in town for the weekend will be No. 2 overall John Wall of Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God. No. 12 Daniel Orton and No. 20 Thomas Robinson will also make their way to Lawrence.

Orton's trip was originally set for Late Night but according to a source, the date was changed this week. He may also come back in October.

from a pretty trust-worthy blog i frequent:

- First, CHILL about Daniel Orton. It is to be expected that he is interested in Kansas, as the defending national champs. Orton is Gillispie's version of Patrick Patterson with Tubby. The family loves him and he has invested his whole recruiting force into him. I still think he is UK's to lose.

Edit: i had the rules mixed up
grin.gif
m

the last i heard, it's going to take alot to change smith's mind (he's sold on ucla)

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

It's no rumor...Vinson committed. His final two were them and Georgetown.
link?... heard this rumor last night from a poster on the Gonzaga board claiming someone close to the B-more hoops scene told him this... butseems like no recruiting source has picked up on this unless you got a link

last I heard he was still considering Maryland and still gonna visit in October... also nothing on the LMU board about his commitment... so I'm skepticalof this at the moment...
How does my coaching staff lose out to Lasalle and Loyola Maramount...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
... that should tell you something possibly bout theprogram and no one wantin to play for the coaches there, especially when you losing out on recruits to mid-majors...

Avery Bradley to Texas.
pimp.gif
... that class with Shawn Williams and now Bradley will beeven better if they get Jordan Hamilton... too bad they lost out on Henson to UNC

i'm looking forward to Bradley locking up some dudes in the Big 12

good timing on the Honeycutt verbal to UCLA... he got to go to the USC- Ohio St. game during his official...
laugh.gif

all you have to do is show players the females at LMU and it should get players
pimp.gif

Nice pick up by UCLA on Honeycutt

Graddy is a BUM

and josh smith is going to UCLA but GREAT JOB telling us that Coach K is a flate out cheater like we all new that bum was

I actually talked to Coach K while he was in Beijing," he said. "That showed me how serious Duke really is in me. For him to call while he's coaching the U.S. team shows me he really does want me at Duke.

8-1 to 9-8 is a recruiting "quiet period" and what does that mean?

"Definition: During a NCAA-mandated "Quiet Period," in-person recruiting activity is limited to contact on campus, as part of an official or unofficial recruiting visit."

NVM UCLA boards said you have to be going into your SR season for that rule to apply. duke gets lucky yet again

[h2]http://www.zagsblog.net/2008/09/19/st-johns-recruiting-update/[/h2]
[h2]Lance to Visit St. John's Thursday (Updated)
Posted on Sep 19, 2008 9:14 am[/h2]

Fresh off an in-home visit last week with St. John's head coach Norm Roberts, Lance Stephenson will visit St. John's Thursday for the 2008 Red Storm Tip-Off, according to sources close to the situation.

The event will run from 5:45-8 and will serve as St. John's Midnight Madness event. It is open to students and the media, but not the general public. There will be a free student BBQ and the men's and women's teams will be introduced. Both Roberts and women's coach Kim Barnes-Arrico will speak to the fans, and both teams will then scrimmage.

Other recruits will also attend, as well as members of the current recruiting class, including South Kent standout Omari Lawrence.

As for the 6-5 Stephenson, ZAGSBLOG broke the news earlier this week that Roberts and assistant Fred Quartlebaum had an in-home with the Stephensons last Thursday. He won't decide until the spring, but St. John's appears to have as strong a shot as anybody.

This is gettin interesting.....

Jesus Christ I cannot wait for college basketball.

ACC season is so fun round here.

Franklin Street FTW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom