College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

^ Gee is good, but he cant put it together on a consistent basis. He always shows flashes of how good he could be. I still wouldn't put him first teamthough.

1st

Collison
Harden
Brockman
Budinger
Gibson

2nd
Pat Christopher
Holiday
DeRozan
Jordan Hill
Pendergraph

3rd
Hackett
Porter
Rochestie
Lawerence hill
Shipp

POY - Harden
ROY - Holiday
Shooter - Collison
Rebounder - Brockman
Defender - Gibson
Playmaker - Collison
Versatile - Harden
NBA Prospect - Harden
Entertaining - DeRozan

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

^ Gee is good, but he cant put it together on a consistent basis. He always shows flashes of how good he could be. I still wouldn't put him first team though.
completely agree.

Tasmin Mitchell is buns though...and Vernardo is good, great defensively, but he's on the 3rd team by default.

i guess Jodie Meeks isn't getting any love since he's coming off surgery, which is fair. but everything i've been reading is saying that he'sbeen the best player on the floor all summer and has become a lights-out shooter...more or less just something to watch for.

I'm a Gee fan..just saying...that doesn't speak highly on individual talent in conference
but he cant put it together on a consistent basis.
no coincidence his coach is Mark Gottfried

Meeks
pimp.gif

Seem like Sam Young been in school for like 6 years. He gotta be at least like 24. I still remember him killing Pat in high school...that @!+# was hard towatch. He did a number on him.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'm a Gee fan..just saying...that doesn't speak highly on individual talent in conference
bunch of good players, few great ones, that's all. Scotty Hopson is the goods though...one and done.

Domibricks James

eek.gif

no Earl Clark anywhere??? i mean, maybe he won't put up numbers to warrant any accolades, but come on. Thabeet best NBA prospect??

that big east list is crap...no dar tucker..and im telling will walker is gonna kill this upcoming season

my man AJ Price getting his recognition he deserves
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. UCONN is about to be something SERIOUS this year, anything less than a Final Four NC, it would be a disappointing year. I can't believe how deep their back court is.

wow i didn't notice they left off Earl.

I honestly think James loses his starting spot or at least his minutes fall to under 25 by the end of the year.

Acker and Cubillan are better for that team..especially with Hayward emerging.

My Big East would look like..

1st
Thabeet
Gody
McNeal
Young
Flynn

2nd
Price
Vaughn
Fields
Clark
Summers

3rd
McAlarney
Reynolds
Efejuku
Harris
Adrien

...and that's leaving off; Dar, Devendorf, Blair, Williams, Hayward, James, McDermott, Curry, Mase JR, Harvey, Dominique Jones.

Best and most deep league I've ever seen on paper.

POY - Jerel McNeal
ROY - Devin Ebanks
Top Shooter - McAlarney
Rebounder - DeJuan Blair
Defender - McNeal
Playmaker - Kemba Walker
Versatile - McDermott
NBA Prospect- Thabeet
Entertaining - Dar Tucker

Damn, y'all are really riding McNeal hard this season, eh??

Not seeing he isn't good, but I'll guarantee now he won't be POY.

my man AJ Price getting his recognition he deserves
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. UCONN is about to be something SERIOUS this year, anything less than a Final Four NC, it would be a disappointing year. I can't believe how deep their back court is.
Easy killa. I'm pretty sure we lose the 2nd weekend in the NCAA's and flameout in the semi's of the Big East tourney. And ourbackcourt may be deep numbers wise but the only players with any real experience are AJ (coming off an ACL), Dyson (coming off drug and alcohol rehab
laugh.gif
) and Austrie. Beverly doesn't count cause he didn't play a lick lastyear. Kemba is an exception cause he's the GOODS, and the other guards (Haralson and Bailey) are freshies as well.

I heard Haralson is a shooter but also a one trick pony. However, outside shooting is something we desperately need. AJ's numbers from the 3 point linelast year are a fluke. Austrie's a serviceable outside shooter as well as Dyson but I'm hoping Kemba and Haralson can light it up from the outside,especially with the line getting pushed back a foot.
sick.gif

wow i didn't notice they left off Earl.
I honestly thought that would have been the FIRST think you'd catch. I'll go on record right now and throw him in as being the best NBAprospect in the Big East.

POY - Harden
ROY - Holiday
Shooter - Collison
Rebounder - Brockman
Defender - Gibson
Playmaker - Collison
Versatile - Harden
NBA Prospect - Harden
Entertaining - DeRozan
Really now?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

...and that's leaving off; Dar, Devendorf, Blair, Williams, Hayward, James, McDermott, Curry, Mase JR, Harvey, Dominique Jones.

Best and most deep league I've ever seen on paper.
Word. The league is deep as hell So many of the guys could end up being on the first or second team.

A lot of the league games will be
smokin.gif

Collison is the best shooter in the Pac 10?!?!?!

roll.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ric I can see y'all making it to the 16 maybe 8, if and only if Aj's back where he was last year and remains healthy.

As far as riding McNeal goes, Rell is that dude, has been since he got there %@!* all the hype the choke artist got his freshman year. That team comes and goesas he does.

If you're gona retire his number...seems like you gota retire Collison, Gooden, Jacque Vaughn etc.

...Uconn better go deep in the tournament...

They're the team that has to...or will beat UNC.

In five postseason games last season (three in the Big East tournament), McNeal averaged 23.2 points and 6.2 rebounds and shot a sizzling 53 percent. He had acareer-high 30 points in the NCAA loss to Stanford. Everyone will get shots in the offense, but McNeal could be poised for a breakout season.

...he upped his game to another level at the end of the year.

I see no reason why it doesn't continue

Yea Al, I do need them to be that team G. I can't see too many teams being able to handle that task come March, which is extremely depressing
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom