College Roommates Stories, Rules, and More vol. I Have an Asian Roommate

i lived alone my freshmen year and i regret that i did not keep that up for the remaining 3. so much unnecessary drama nosiness pettiness and altercations over dumb misunderstandings.

advice? live alone when/if given the option!

i lived alone my freshmen year and i regret that i did not keep that up for the remaining 3. so much unnecessary drama nosiness pettiness and altercations over dumb misunderstandings.

advice? live alone when/if given the option!

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I wish I dormed in college. CUNY FTL
frown.gif
I know city college and hunter college have dorms. You can always cross over to the darkside and go to a SUNY school.
Yea Im thinking about doing that. About to bust +$* this semester to get my grades up.

frown.gif
I know city college and hunter college have dorms. You can always cross over to the darkside and go to a SUNY school.
Yea Im thinking about doing that. About to bust +$* this semester to get my grades up.

frown.gif
Yea Im thinking about doing that. About to bust $!# this semester to get my grades up.

frown.gif
Yea Im thinking about doing that. About to bust $!# this semester to get my grades up.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

My freshman year was in 2003 when crunk music was hot. My roomate and I would be in the room not sayin a word to each other. Not because we didn't like each other, we actually got along great, we'd just be doin our own thing. Let a Lil Jon song play on the radio...we'd look at each other...and &#%$ OUR ROOM UP tossin chairs, knockin books and papers over just destroyin everything. Soon as it'd go off we'd look at each other again, put everything back in place and go back to w/e we were doing like nothing happened
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Retro23J

My freshman year was in 2003 when crunk music was hot. My roomate and I would be in the room not sayin a word to each other. Not because we didn't like each other, we actually got along great, we'd just be doin our own thing. Let a Lil Jon song play on the radio...we'd look at each other...and &#%$ OUR ROOM UP tossin chairs, knockin books and papers over just destroyin everything. Soon as it'd go off we'd look at each other again, put everything back in place and go back to w/e we were doing like nothing happened
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

my story was bad. It was my third years of college and I just transfers to SJSU from community college in seattle. I was staying in the suite apartment with an fat #@$@ that doesn't clean my pot, and pan after he get done using it.
sick.gif
 But, that  isn't the worst roomates since there was a foriegn korean dood that doesn't knows how to clean  for !*$+ either.
mad.gif
 Thanks god I got outta of there. Worst roommates ever!!!!!!! 

my story was bad. It was my third years of college and I just transfers to SJSU from community college in seattle. I was staying in the suite apartment with an fat #@$@ that doesn't clean my pot, and pan after he get done using it.
sick.gif
 But, that  isn't the worst roomates since there was a foriegn korean dood that doesn't knows how to clean  for !*$+ either.
mad.gif
 Thanks god I got outta of there. Worst roommates ever!!!!!!! 

Here's one little piece of advice I wish I would have known about before I moved into an apartment a few years back with a friend of mine:

I paid for everything out of my own pocket - rent, cable/electricity, gas, and anything we bought for the apartment we split 50/50. Only problem with all of that was my roommate hadn't worked in years and had his parents pay for just about everything (he is in pharmacy school, it is very difficult no question).

So when it came to leaving lights, TVs on, other electronics, temperature of the apartment - I was very good about turning all of my stuff off because it was coming out of my pocket. Since he didn't really have to worry about the expenses, he would keep the apartment at 68 degrees and never turned a single light or fan off.

I guess my advice is to move in with somebody who is in a very similar financial situation as you. It will make little things like this easier.

Here's one little piece of advice I wish I would have known about before I moved into an apartment a few years back with a friend of mine:

I paid for everything out of my own pocket - rent, cable/electricity, gas, and anything we bought for the apartment we split 50/50. Only problem with all of that was my roommate hadn't worked in years and had his parents pay for just about everything (he is in pharmacy school, it is very difficult no question).

So when it came to leaving lights, TVs on, other electronics, temperature of the apartment - I was very good about turning all of my stuff off because it was coming out of my pocket. Since he didn't really have to worry about the expenses, he would keep the apartment at 68 degrees and never turned a single light or fan off.

I guess my advice is to move in with somebody who is in a very similar financial situation as you. It will make little things like this easier.

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

When you and friends are going out drinking, don't your roommate be the designated driver. You're better off driving drunk.

Get the @%+$ outta here... you just said in a different thread you were 17 years old 
indifferent.gif

You weak as hell

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

When you and friends are going out drinking, don't your roommate be the designated driver. You're better off driving drunk.

Get the @%+$ outta here... you just said in a different thread you were 17 years old 
indifferent.gif

You weak as hell

Originally Posted by JCH3

Word, I was in a very similar situation the past two years. Both my roommates barely ever left the apartment since they just sat around and smoked all day every day, and they would often pass out with the tv on all night. My one roommate intentionally fell asleep with the tv on all night in his room almost every  night. Plus one of our friends would always come over and crash at our place, watching tv and using his laptop and sleeping on the floor. He probably slept at our place 6/7 nights a week on average and definitely spent more time in the apartment than I did. Our electric bills ended up being almost $200 a few months; and I knew people living in the same complex that topped out at $90. I spent like 95% of my time on campus anyways, only came home to sleep pretty much. I always felt like I shouldn't have even had to pay more than $10 for the electric bill because I was literally contributing NOTHING to our energy use since I was gone for about 16 hrs of the day on average if not more.  At least they never made me buy toilet paper since they realized I took almost all my %%%$+ on campus
laugh.gif

And any time I was late giving him money for the bill (I wasn't around very often so a lot of times we'd not see each other for a few days at a time) he'd act like it was an inconvenience to him, even though I technically owed his parents (his parents gave him $125/week allowance in addition to paying his rent and bills).

Originally Posted by JCH3

Word, I was in a very similar situation the past two years. Both my roommates barely ever left the apartment since they just sat around and smoked all day every day, and they would often pass out with the tv on all night. My one roommate intentionally fell asleep with the tv on all night in his room almost every  night. Plus one of our friends would always come over and crash at our place, watching tv and using his laptop and sleeping on the floor. He probably slept at our place 6/7 nights a week on average and definitely spent more time in the apartment than I did. Our electric bills ended up being almost $200 a few months; and I knew people living in the same complex that topped out at $90. I spent like 95% of my time on campus anyways, only came home to sleep pretty much. I always felt like I shouldn't have even had to pay more than $10 for the electric bill because I was literally contributing NOTHING to our energy use since I was gone for about 16 hrs of the day on average if not more.  At least they never made me buy toilet paper since they realized I took almost all my %%%$+ on campus
laugh.gif

And any time I was late giving him money for the bill (I wasn't around very often so a lot of times we'd not see each other for a few days at a time) he'd act like it was an inconvenience to him, even though I technically owed his parents (his parents gave him $125/week allowance in addition to paying his rent and bills).

Living with your freshman roommate is one of the pivotal and educational moments of your life. It's an exercise in people skills, crisis management, and patience.
My roommate was a soccer player from Detroit... he was nuts 
alien.gif
 he used to pump girls and leave them literally begging for more. One girl came over to our room drunk and was scratching on our locked door moaning "steve, let me in... let's hang out..." I was freaked out by that 
indifferent.gif

One time he took acid and went outside our dorm to throw a tennis ball against the wall of the dorm for hours. He said that every time he threw the tennis ball against the wall, 20 would come back at him and he would reach out and grab the right one every time 
alien.gif

eek.gif

We never really got along though, last I heard from him he pulled a knife on a dude at a bar and almost got destroyed by dude's crew... that was last Spring, not sure what's up with him these days.

Soph year my roommate and I got dome from the same girl within 20 minutes (NOT at the same time) that was wild 
nerd.gif
 don't worry, I went first so no sloppy seconds

Living with your freshman roommate is one of the pivotal and educational moments of your life. It's an exercise in people skills, crisis management, and patience.
alien.gif
 he used to pump girls and leave them literally begging for more. One girl came over to our room drunk and was scratching on our locked door moaning "steve, let me in... let's hang out..." I was freaked out by that 
indifferent.gif

One time he took acid and went outside our dorm to throw a tennis ball against the wall of the dorm for hours. He said that every time he threw the tennis ball against the wall, 20 would come back at him and he would reach out and grab the right one every time 
alien.gif

eek.gif

We never really got along though, last I heard from him he pulled a knife on a dude at a bar and almost got destroyed by dude's crew... that was last Spring, not sure what's up with him these days.

Soph year my roommate and I got dome from the same girl within 20 minutes (NOT at the same time) that was wild 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

eek.gif

nerd.gif
damn... son is crazy

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

eek.gif

nerd.gif
damn... son is crazy

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

eek.gif

nerd.gif
 don't worry, I went first so no sloppy second
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
 lol she was feeling generous that day?
roll.gif
roll.gif

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

eek.gif

nerd.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

eek.gif

nerd.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My boy called her up from the school across town... she was in our dorm room trying to get it in with my boy, and she asked what it would take for me to leave... I said "you're gonna have to suck my d" and she said "that's it? 
devil.gif
 " what a freak

Back
Top Bottom