Colleges? vol: Montclair State, Seton Hall, Uof Mass-Boston, Howard U

nyfly1

Banned
Anyone here have any experience with the listed above?
How is the environment
Im looking for alot of diversity so is that good in all those above?
Are professors nice? How are the females?
Is the campus life/outside life fun?

Anyone here go to any listed above? And what were your SAT scores.

I can tell you this, Montclair state is not poppin, and is not even in the same league as the other schools academically. The majority of the students atMontclair are commuters, therefore the weekends and nightlife are WHACK. The dorms are trash and the cafeterias are horrrrrrrible. I can't say anythingabout the other schools, but I can tell you that Montclair isnt even worth the visit.

Originally Posted by awash242

I can tell you this, Montclair state is not poppin, and is not even in the same league as the other schools academically. The majority of the students at Montclair are commuters, therefore the weekends and nightlife are WHACK. The dorms are trash and the cafeterias are horrrrrrrible. I can't say anything about the other schools, but I can tell you that Montclair isnt even worth the visit.
good looks
Anyone got anything else about the others?
I know a whole lot about Howard but more info would be appreciated
i need an individuals perspective..collegeboard.com is cool but i need real ppls views

Originally Posted by Ras Clot 89

damn son, ever thought of actually visiting these schools?
yes..do i have to call them and schedule? or can i jus go up in there?

You ever considered Rutgers? I went there and theres nothing that I didnt like.
pimp.gif

Its always poppin

i go to Seton Hall...if you want you could hit me up on AIM (its the same as my NT name - Newz05) n id be glad to give you more info about our school

holla at me!

Well 2 main questions. What's your intended major? And how popping do you want school to be outside of the classroom?

Howard University

Electrical Engineering major

School is hot. Name carries weight. DC is a cool city. What more can I say?

UMass Boston doesn't belong in the same sentence as the others...i think u need to evaluate what your looking for and go from there

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

Well 2 main questions. What's your intended major? And how popping do you want school to be outside of the classroom?

Major- Business management-Finance/Accounting (one of the 2)

and i want it to be pretty poppin. I dont wanna be bored on weekends and i want there to be alot of fun basically

I wanna stay in the East Coast tho
thanks

Well our (Seton Hall) business school is one of the best, they say. Very competitive with lots of opportunities since we are so close to NYC. Companiesrecognize our business school, they pretty much come to campus, hold job/intern fairs and pretty much are fighting to have our students.

Campus life is cool, big enough where u def see a few new people everyday but small enough where you get recognized and people know you by name.

As for the weekends...
grin.gif
its slowly gettin better cause a lot of people go home but those who stay make tighter bonds and make the best of it. Via roomparties, frat parties or we sum of the clubs. And for the past few years now we have had a few parties out on the green (area of grass on the center of campus)when the weather breaks

so overall its a good look, i love it and wouldn't want to be anywhere else and also next yr should be craZy cause they are bringing in a big amount offreshmen. Beginning Fall 2008 there will be 3 dorms which will be strictly freshman. whereas now about 95% live in one building and the other 5% live inanother dorm

if you need anymore info...HIT ME UP!

UMass Boston? Ahahaha that is a joke of a school, who the hell would go to anywhere but UMass-Amherst from out of state?

i went to rutgers it was poppin always, its really large though and professors run the gambit but their is plenty of skeezers, montclair is wack sauce, setonhall is a catholic univeristy so u have to take religion course or two, i have a few friends that went there, and everytime i visited parking was an issue andthe frats are decent, however as you get into your jr and senior everyone wants to go to NYC or Hoboken to party so it gets a lil expensive in that regard.

Starting next year here @ SHU there will be 3 dorms that will strictly be for freshmen. So im putting my money on it that it will be pretty crazy. Ive alsobeen working in one of the freshmen dorms for 2 yrs now so i already know what it is
tongue.gif

Anything else any1 wanna know about SHU? holla at me

Back
Top Bottom