COMMON SPORTS MISCONCEPTIONS

Originally Posted by Troponin C

Originally Posted by acidicality

that raider fans are actually fans of the team itself.
cuz raider fans are hardcore niner fans?
No, because 90 % of raider fans only like the team because of their uniform.

this

Durden7 wrote:
LilStarZ07 wrote:
shatterkneesinc wrote:
the cowboys are america's team
... they are

laugh.gif
Stop it.

this

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Durden7

LilStarZ07 wrote:

shatterkneesinc wrote:

the cowboys are america's team
... they are

laugh.gif
Stop it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cause jerry says it doesnt make it true

Jerry wasnt the one that made up the nickname.
Correct, but that doesnt change the fact that its not true.

"Cause that guy from NFL Films said it doesnt make it true".

Originally Posted by acidicality

that raider fans are actually fans of the team itself.
cuz raider fans are hardcore niner fans?
No, because 90 % of raider fans only like the team because of their uniform.
you get a bulge in your pants every time you see the word "Raiders"

the yankees havn't won the world series since 2000...yet they buy all their chips? Derek Jeter,Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettite, Brett Gardner,Melky Cabrera, Robinson Cano, Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Coke, David Robertson. When did we throw money and steal those players?

That Kobe is a douche.

Hes a cool guy, but that media stigma of him being a jerk and a selfish player irks the heck outta me.

not quite sure if this counts, but i cant stand when people say that there is no physical contact in basketball or soccer, sure there is a lot of flopping inbball and diving in soccer, but to say they arent physical, is ridiculous to me

The fact that these phrases are acceptable:

"Well, only time will tell with ________________"

"The jury is still out on ____________________"

"___________ must step up or <insert nba team> will not win"

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Well the yanks don't buy their championships they buy everything. If they don't win again this year everybody knows there gonna go out and buy another all star to add to the rest of the all star team in the bronx

We have the money so why not...if any other team had the money the yanks got they would be doing the same thing....go somewhere else and cry ..... NY Yankees
pimp.gif

plus it's not only about the yankees "having the money". our owners are willing to SPEND the money.

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

boston celtics actually earned their 2008 title.
roll.gif

Seriously, game 2 of that series almost made me lose faith in the NBA. The refs were absolute garbage that game. They gave that game to Boston but whatever! Wewon last year and we will win again this year.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

boston celtics actually earned their 2008 title.
roll.gif

Seriously, game 2 of that series almost made me lose faith in the NBA. The refs were absolute garbage that game. They gave that game to Boston but whatever! We won last year and we will win again this year.
pimp.gif
The Celtics had the better squad that year. Thats not up for debate.

Alright, alright, alright... the Yankees attempt to buy chips. lol

Better?

And I already addressed the issue of 'Sure we do it, but so would any other team' or 'Don't blame the Yankees for having owners willing tospend the money.'

Like I already said, the issue isn't 'Why do the Yankees try to gain championships by opening up checkbooks (aka buying championships)?' Thequestion is 'Do the Yankees try to gain championships by opening up checkbooks (aka buying championships)?'

And the answer is 'Yes.'

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

The Big Ten has ten teams.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

people will argue this one to the death. everyone "knows" for a fact that there are 10 teams in the big 10 otherwise it would be called the big 11 orbig 12. then you have to remind them that there is already a conference called the big 12 and that there are 11 teams in the big 10 lol.

1. That a team shouldn't abandon the run even when it's constantly getting stuffed and your team is falling behind.

Do the so called football "experts" not realize the D isn't letting up and that running keeps the clock moving resulting in fewer possessionswhich means less opportunities to make a comeback.

2. Defense wins championships. (in football only)

I don't think it applies much at all anymore. Far too often we see the so-called great defenses get lit up by great offenses (ie. everytime the Colts haveplayed the Ravens the last couple seasons). Defense can give you more possessions but offense puts the points on the scoreboard more often than not.

3. that teammates don't like certain controversial players (ie. TO)

Just cuz the ESPN staff has something against the guy personally doesn't mean the same 50 plus players who practice and play with him everyday feel thesame way.

Originally Posted by DubA169

plus it's not only about the yankees "having the money". our owners are willing to SPEND the money.
You gotta HAVE money to spend money.

Back
Top Bottom