COMMON SPORTS MISCONCEPTIONS

that soccer is only big in europe (no everywhere but usa really)

that nobody watches rugby (i dont but uk people be sweatin it same wit india,australia etc)

that you gotta be rich to play tennis (no good rackets be on sale for $50 balls are like $2

yanks buy championships (false, they get good players FA but there still not A+ at every position)

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Durden7

LilStarZ07 wrote:

shatterkneesinc wrote:

the cowboys are america's team
... they are

laugh.gif
Stop it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cause jerry says it doesnt make it true

Jerry wasnt the one that made up the nickname.
Ignore em. General hate right there. Guys like him pay more attention to the Cowboys to make sure they lose than their own team then come cryingabout them being Americas' Team when people like him are the prime example they are Americas Team.

Originally Posted by Troponin C

Originally Posted by acidicality

that raider fans are actually fans of the team itself.
cuz raider fans are hardcore niner fans?
No, because 90 % of raider fans only like the team because of their uniform.

delusional niner fans. today my boy told me raiders shouldnt be a team in california anymore
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Alright, alright, alright... the Yankees attempt to buy chips. lol

Better?
much better, I'll accept that
laugh.gif

you have to give props to our farm system though

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

2. Defense wins championships. (in football only)

I don't think it applies much at all anymore. Far too often we see the so-called great defenses get lit up by great offenses (ie. everytime the Colts have played the Ravens the last couple seasons). Defense can give you more possessions but offense puts the points on the scoreboard more often than not.

the way the giants recently won the superbowl should be enough to prove your theory false. plus when the pats beat the greatest show on turf??

Originally Posted by MPire

LilStarZ07 wrote:

shatterkneesinc wrote:

... they are

laugh.gif
Stop it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ignore em. General hate right there. Guys like him pay more attention to the Cowboys to make sure they lose than their own team then come *****ing about them being Americas' Team when people like him are the prime example they are Americas Team.

WHAT?!

No ones *****ing about this. Theyre simply not 'Americas Team". It was a nickname given to them by a guy at NFL Films and people took it and ran withit. No ones hating on the Cowboys, just simply stating that theyre not americas team.

Dont be delusional.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

boston celtics actually earned their 2008 title.
roll.gif

Seriously, game 2 of that series almost made me lose faith in the NBA. The refs were absolute garbage that game. They gave that game to Boston but whatever! We won last year and we will win again this year.
pimp.gif

I'm not a celtics fan but I bet you guys didn't lose faith in the nba in the 2002 wcf when the lakers played the kings where the refs were 3x as bad.

Every team opens up their checkbook...we just do it the most.

Someone's gotta do it.
laugh.gif

The concept of "buying championships" is lame. Every team pays their players...and the ones that can go out and sign free agents. How is it that theYankees try to "buy chapionships" and other teams don't? Last time I checked, everyone else is out there signing free agents to big contracts.

the yankees dont buy chips they buy players who choke in the playoffs same thing. Noone is saying every position is stacked with a 300 million dollar player,but come on yank fans lets be serious, they throw the most money at any player, just like next year joe mauer will be a yankee. And as soon as lincecumscontract is up, cliff lee, or ryan howard, or (insert really good player) they will throw BRINKS trucks at them in attempt to win.

At least they have money to spend even when crappy, unlike small market teams that can not get out of the city yet expected to compete with LA, NY and Boston.I don't blame teams I only blame the system, stupid and alienates fans of so many franchises

That people put 'nation' after any team and it 'works'. There is only one (sorry Raider fan)

Originally Posted by MPire

LilStarZ07 wrote:

shatterkneesinc wrote:

... they are

laugh.gif
Stop it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ignore em. General hate right there. Guys like him pay more attention to the Cowboys to make sure they lose than their own team then come *****ing about them being Americas' Team when people like him are the prime example they are Americas Team.

WHAT?!

No ones *****ing about this. Theyre simply not 'Americas Team". It was a nickname given to them by a guy at NFL Films and people took it and ran with it. No ones hating on the Cowboys, just simply stating that theyre not americas team.

Dont be delusional.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

2. Defense wins championships. (in football only)

I don't think it applies much at all anymore. Far too often we see the so-called great defenses get lit up by great offenses (ie. everytime the Colts have played the Ravens the last couple seasons). Defense can give you more possessions but offense puts the points on the scoreboard more often than not.

the way the giants recently won the superbowl should be enough to prove your theory false. plus when the pats beat the greatest show on turf??

Cosign. Just look at the last 4 Super Bowl Champs: Steelers x2, Colts (their D was unbelievable in the playoffs that year) and the Giants. And the last 3college football champs: UFx2 and LSU all stopped some of the best offenses in college that year. I think this is one of the things that definite proves trueespecially in football.

Originally Posted by John2st

but come on yank fans lets be serious, they throw the most money at any player, just like next year joe mauer will be a yankee. And as soon as lincecums contract is up, cliff lee, or ryan howard, or (insert really good player) they will throw BRINKS trucks at them in attempt to win.
Make up your mind.

They throw the most money at "any player"...or they throw money at a "really good player"?

Howard, Mauer, etc. aren't just "any player"...
grin.gif

And I don't see what the issue is...it's a business. In professional sports, players generally go to whoever offers them the most [color= rgb(0, 153, 51)]$$$[/color]...the Yankees have lots of it. *Kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by acidicality

that raider fans are actually fans of the team itself.
cuz raider fans are hardcore niner fans?
No, because 90 % of raider fans only like the team because of their uniform.

indifferent.gif

Child please! That's exactly why I hate 9ers fans.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Dalls fans are actual fans ( 90% of Dallas fans are bandwagon fans)

Agreed. It always cracks me up when you see people with sigs that include the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls and Yankees. Even though you may have stuck withthese teams for a long time, doesnt negate the fact that you jumped on these bandwagons in the 90s. Just funny to me.

The Mets are the team to beat.
smh.gif

"This is our year!" For any team. Winning teams don't ever tell you that theyre gonna win, they just do it.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Dalls fans are actual fans ( 90% of Dallas fans are bandwagon fans)

Agreed. It always cracks me up when you see people with sigs that include the Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls and Yankees. Even though you may have stuck with these teams for a long time, doesnt negate the fact that you jumped on these bandwagons in the 90s. Just funny to me.

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom