Common To Reunite with Kanye and No I.D for The Believer

common-news.jpg

Common is returning to his roots. After linking with The Neptunes for the majority of last year's dance friendly Universal Mind Control, theChi-town MC is reuniting with Kanye West and No I.D. for his ninth studio album, The Believer.

During the benefit show for his Common Ground Foundation over the weekend, Com told XXLMag.com that he has already recorded tracks with Kanye and No I.D.for the project, which he expects to hit stores sometime next spring.

No I.D. has been producing songs for the rapper/actor ever since Com first broke out onto the scene in 1992 with Can I Borrow A Dollar? He went onto produce the majority of Common's next two albums: Resurrection and One Day It'll All Make Sense.

Along with signing the fellow Chicago resident to his G.O.O.D. Music imprint, Kanye produced the bulk of Com's highest selling album 2005'sBe, as well as 2007's Finding Forever.

Common also said he has been in the studio with beatsmith Twilite Tone, who he hasn't worked with since One Day It'll All Make Sense. Like I.D.Twilite also produced a lot of songs on Com's debut.

Linkage

Nice... A Big fan of Common tracks produced by No I.D.
Wish Dilla was still here to work with Com again...

This will probably end up sounding more like what we thought Blueprint 3 was going to sound like than the actual Blueprint 3.

Originally Posted by atcho

Nice... A Big fan of Common tracks produced by No I.D.
Wish Dilla was still here to work with Com again...
WORD! but i dont think Com's done w/ Dilla beats......didn't Dilla leave him a tape w/ beats made just for him before he passed?

Man this is going to be a long wait. Cant wait though, no id and kanye working together on a common joint, theres no way this project will fail.

Ridin with com for a min now, dude has built me up just by listen to his music, dude pissed me off with UMC though. I still enjoyed UMC because dude wanted tokick something new age and different.

::

pimp.gif
I want that "Success" / "D.O.A." production from No I.D. on this...

I thought since Dilla has so many beats without vocals on them, all any artist has to do is ask permission to use them
from his mother or whoever owns them... I would hope Dilla's family benefits from it tho

::

Common's roots is working with No I.D. I'd like for him to fall back on the Kanye production. Get some Jay Dee beats.

I'd really prefer the whole thing be produced by No I.D tho

If he really going back if he checked Twilite Tone he also need to \check Immenslope

reuniting? he was only gone for one album, and not even a full album at that. but this is good to hear.

i didn't know common was damn near 40 (37). doesn't seem like he's that old.

Good to see Ye and No ID working with Common. Wasn't Just Blaze supposed to have a track for this album? I was disappointed when he decided to put out UMCinstead of this album.....I hope this turns out to be good.

Back
Top Bottom