|||--- Common "Universal Mind Control" Tracklisting And Cover (Dropping December 9th) ---|||

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

He's still dropping The Believer next year..

When dude says his album is about feel good music and the summer, why the hell do you think he's going to bring a Be level album? Take it for what it is. If you don't like it, move on, don't cry that common lost himself when he's still working on a full album.

Feel Good Music shouldn't automatically = watered down, half-assed rhymes from Common.
Hell, BE is a feel good album and he still brought something of substance.

Comm's my dude but he's on a slippery slope.

album is dope man its different but its still dope except for a few tracks that should have been left offf

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

huge disappointment.
WelcomeTo[emoji]9829[/emoji]Hea r t b r eak
irony?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

WE GOT EM!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im skimm the album, had it on the HD for a min, decided to add it to itunes and see wass poppin...

"I used to love her" is no longer a relevant song.

Common himself clearly doesn't love "her".

Awful album, whats with this techno trash hip hop movement? I blame Kanye for this disaster...

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Awful album, whats with this techno trash hip hop movement? I blame Kanye for this disaster...
indifferent.gif
This album was better than 80% of the garbagereleased this year maybe not Coms best work but definitely better than finding forever ...and how dare you say that

I been listening to the album for like 2 weeks. I like it all its a great album to me. Punch drunk love is a awesome track.

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by OGfiend

indifferent.gif
This album was better than 80% of the garbage released this year maybe not Coms best work but definitely better than finding forever ...and how dare you say that

this album was NOT better than Finding Forever

am i the only one who liked finding forever? i mean like 7 songs from that album i still listen to daily...

and i respect your opinion but i (personally) thought gladiator was t r a s h... second only to suga 4 sex in wackness. i see everyone saying its dope andi'm like...am i listening to the wrong track?

finished listening to it...its pretty good, ya just want common to stick to that backpackin *@+....sometimes a dude just wanna have some uptempo fun.

i like it, i thought finding forever was...vanilla, not wack, just.....vanilla.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

He's still dropping The Believer next year..

When dude says his album is about feel good music and the summer, why the hell do you think he's going to bring a Be level album? Take it for what it is. If you don't like it, move on, don't cry that common lost himself when he's still working on a full album.

Feel Good Music shouldn't automatically = watered down, half-assed rhymes from Common.
Hell, BE is a feel good album and he still brought something of substance.

Comm's my dude but he's on a slippery slope.
I agree!! Com really dumbed down his lyrics on this album and making feel good music is not an excuse for that.

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

Common's Verse on Do the Right Thing>This Album

Do the right thing and change that post j/k that's how u feel.But as far as im concern, U.M.C. is better than 89% of the horse manure that dropped this yr.The album was like a message saying common can talk that love/club/raw %%!. I aint mad at the album, just because a dude wants to change his concept for onedoesn't mean he "switched up" or "changed" for the worst.

Did anyone hear any other material from Martina Topley-Bird (the girl on "Everywhere")?

I listened to one album from her, The Blue God, that was released this year and I like it.

I asked this in a different thread but that thread was locked.

^Ever since I heard the song I been meaning to check out her stuff
briefly glanced at her Myspace once

how is that album you mentioned? I'm looking to start somewhere

^I got the album a few days ago and I was pleased with what I heard. I've been playing it since.

Some of the songs on the album gives me that similar vibe that I receive from the "Everywhere" track.

Plenty of standout tracks on the album. Solid album. Definitely worth checking for.

I'm having trouble finding her other albums though.

sounding pretty good so far...i've only played it through once and actually listened good to it. pleased though.

Back
Top Bottom