Common - Universal Mind Control

what did you think of the album?

are you still playing it? did it lose its replay value?

personally, i liked it and i didn't think i would. when i first heard heard the song "UMC", i laughed

"sex 4 sugar" is the worst Common song EVER

but "everywhere"
eek.gif

i think it was a good album

It was average. I bump a few songs

Punch Drunk Love
What A World (The hook is the best part of the song. DA from Chester French killed it)
Everywhere
Make My Day (Again, The hook is the best part. Cee-Lo kills it)

Other than those songs, I wasn't really feeling it.

Album was awful and inconsistent. Production by the neptunes doesn't benefit common. I've been a common supporter for years, but this album isatrocious. Gladiator, Changes, and inhale, and make my day were the best tracks to me. The album had no real theme, and there was no outro. I have no idea whateverywhere was suppose to be, but it didn't really seem like an ending song. The album was delayed numerous times and even had the name changed. I guess Cwas to busy with hollywood. Any way, I bumped this for 4 days before I went back to "be" and "like water for chocolate".

Overall though, a piss poor release by one of my favorite artists.His flow is always on point, but the production always isn't. I don't think common isone of those rappers that can change his style up successfully.

Theres some good songs on here...Inhale might be better then anything on Finding Forever...

I listen to it every now and again.

Favorite tracks:

UMC
Punch Drunk Love
Announcement
Gladiator
Inhale

What A World is okay I guess...

Sex 4 Suga is HORRID.

i know artists are suppossed to grow and evolve, but i wish Common stuck with the formula that made him a premier MC of the late 90s/early 00s.
Minus a few gems, he hasnt been consistant since Like Water For Chocolate.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Album was awful and inconsistent. Production by the neptunes doesn't benefit common. I've been a common supporter for years, but this album is atrocious. Gladiator, Changes, and inhale, and make my day were the best tracks to me. The album had no real theme, and there was no outro. I have no idea what everywhere was suppose to be, but it didn't really seem like an ending song. The album was delayed numerous times and even had the name changed. I guess C was to busy with hollywood. Any way, I bumped this for 4 days before I went back to "be" and "like water for chocolate".
I agree with everything bolded. There were solid songs mixed in with bad to awful (Sex 4 Sugar), which dragged down my overall impression of thealbum. Songs like Gladiator, Make My Day, Everywhere, and Inhale are good - and that's half the album. But the bad songs end up giving me the
eyes.gif
expression for the album overall.

Sex 4 Sugar is beyond horrible.
A few songs get a couple spins, Everywhere is one of the songs that plays for my alarm clock.
But as far as going through the whole thing.... nope. Maybe in the future.

Was never into this album....I like Punch Drunk Love and Make My Day, those are the last two records I played from this

Album was just okay to me. I only listen to a couple songs and not that often

not a bad album at all. like you said, worse song was sex 4 sugar, but other than that, everything was nice.

Back
Top Bottom