Congrats Due: Kobe, youngest to 20,000 points

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=271223018

Bryant scored 39 points, becoming the youngest player in NBA history to reach 20,000, and the Los Angeles Lakers held off the New York Knicks 95-90 Sunday. Bryant added 11 rebounds and eight assists in his first game at the Garden in nearly two years. His 3-pointer in the opening minute of the third quarter allowed him to reach the milestone at 29 years, 122 days. "I always like playing here, period," Bryant said. "Last year I didn't have an opportunity to play and I was upset about it. This is my favorite arena to play in so I'm just happy and relieved that I was able to play tonight."

Congrats
pimp.gif

Laugh all you want, but he really is the most talented INDIVIDUAL offensive player to ever suit up. Jordan was a better team player, but Kobe is way moreskilled as an individual than Jordan was on the court. Your near creepy devotion to Jordan excludes you from having a fair take on my opinion, so keep postingup those emoticons.

what advantage does he have over Mike in his game besides long range shooting? Kobe is great, but don't let the overinflated stats due to the league'srule changes fool you guys..... When you have people calling Kobe the GOAT..... when he isn't yet the greatest Laker ever.......
smh.gif

Congrats to Kobe. And yes as far as OFFENSE goes I'd have to agree with Gordon. No doubt Mike was the best complete player ever in my opinion and I trulyhate saying that anyone is better than him at anything but in my opinion, on offense Kobe can do everything Mike did plus he has a better 3 point shot. Itdoesn't mean I think that Kobe is the GOAT or anything like that.

Originally Posted by Zeus23

HE is the greatest player of all tim

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Close yo, but you got these 2.....
f1215cef9ae6f539167441580053fab0652f205.jpg

and these 2...
a012500ef39a9ef2f2e381e56c17bbf9777dd6d.jpg

To beat before you can claim that. Too many rings in there to count man, so don't trip yet, he places in the top ten with these cats, but NOT #1, get out ahistory book
roll.gif

BUT! None the less, he is THE offensive player in the league, and a once a generation talent, so props to Kobe Bean
pimp.gif

Who said anything about fastest? Keeping things in context, what "youngest" records mean is that the individual has the best chance to break theall-time record in a particular category since they theoretically have more time (gas in the tank) left to accomplish the feat. Just congratulate the man andmove on.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

congrats to Lebron in advance for breaking kobe's record
pimp.gif

Not one to hate on LeBron or anything, but there's no guarantees on that yet.
Worst case scenario, Bron could have a career ending injury before he even gets to the age of 29. Basically the same age Kobe, MJ, and Wilt hit 20K.

This is why he's the greatest NBA player of all time.

Hell Motherfreaking No.
indifferent.gif

Kobe's not even the Greatest Laker of All Time.

Back
Top Bottom