mob_px.jpg

D-LP-Converse-Basketball-P2.jpg
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_1_rectangle_1600.jpg
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_2_native_1600.jpg
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_6_native_1600.jpg
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_8_native_1600.jpg
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_3_native_1600.jpg

CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_1_rectangle_1600.jpg

The easy familiarity of the Converse All Star Pro BB is by design. Aesthetically, it draws on a rich basketball heritage. Underfoot, the technology (inconspicuous in its employment) supports cutting-edge performance needs.

For more than 100 years, Converse has been synonymous with basketball. In 1917, the company, then based in Malden, Massachusetts, introduced the Non-Skid, one of the first shoes specifically designed for the sport. Five years later, Converse hosted the first basketball clinic in North Carolina. It was led by Chuck Taylor, a Converse salesman and coach, who was instrumental in spreading the sport’s fundamentals across the country (and effectively kick-starting grassroots hoops). The brand sponsored its first women’s team in 1924, and in 1934, Taylor’s name was added to Converse’s flagship basketball shoe, by then renamed the All Star, making him the game’s first signature athlete.

Converse led a series of other firsts, ranging from sponsoring Team USA basketball (beginning in 1936 and ending in 1988) to outfitting participants in the first collegiate championship game in 1939. In the decades that followed, seminal performances in Converse include the first 100-point game in 1962, Julius Erving’s “the scoop” on May 11, 1980, and countless titles at all levels through the ’80s ’90s and 2000s.

The Converse All Star Pro BB synthesizes this history and utilizes the latest in NIKE, Inc., innovation to form a simple silhouette that articulates Converse’s future-familiar design ethos. The intent is a minimal feel (its lightweight and close to the court) with maximum performance (achieved by great lockdown and responsive cushioning).

In many ways, the shoe is a contemporary vision of the original Non-Skid. Here’s how:

What’s New

• The upper is constructed using a single layer of Nike Quadifit mesh (which is like a modern canvas) and provides exceptional lockdown by distributing the load of the foot and mitigating friction.
    • The drop-in Nike React foam core that is lightweight, durable and responsive, allowing for quick cuts, smooth lift-off and sustained play.

• The “cupsole” configuration of the drop-in Nike React foam midsole and the shoe’s outsole, which was engineered for containment, cut-after-cut.
What's Familiar

• The design interprets some of the most iconic Converse DNA elements — some overt and some subtle.

• An homage to the Chuck Taylor All Star (a minimalistic All Star patch) is featured on the medial side.

• The Star Chevron logo appears on the lateral side as reminder of another Converse basketball icon, the Weapon.
The All Star Pro BB will release in May 2019.
CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_2_native_1600.jpg

CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_6_native_1600.jpg

CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_8_native_1600.jpg

CONVERSE_ALL_STAR_PRO_BB_3_native_1600.jpg

Last edited:
These are awesome!

Reading through that.. its what the Kobe line would've gotten most likely! DROP IN REACT midsole.. (like his latest sig models) and a new tech upper.

The materials look good! And the genuinely look fun to play in.

Shoe straight up has elements the kobe nxt 360......eric evar you aint slick. But the shoe definitely looks dope. Probably better colorways will make it decent seller.
upload_2019-4-17_20-0-24.png

$125 is okay but lets be honest this isn’t a sig and may not move units.

So marshalls $30 pick ups is where i see them going.

As a fan of 90s Converse Basketball shoes, I'm DEFINITELY down for a pair!! I am crossing my fingers that if these are successful (and they look cool and sound like they can be as the style looks killer for both on and off court) maybe, just MAYBE this will get Nike to start retroing some of the old-school Converse shoes like the AeroJam, BackJam, Voltage (my favorite) TarMax, Run and Slam (KJ shoe called Run & Gun before the name change due to sneaker gun violence), Springfield Mid (Spree shoe) and the Rodman Cons. They can even make a modern Weapon and Dr J shoe. One can hope.

Last edited:
These look very nice to me. Dope casual appeal too. Nicely done by converse/nike. I wonder if they’ll be able to land an incoming top rookie in the draft

Really impressed by these. Not feeling the price point if it holds up being true. Nonetheless I think a great entry back into hoops!

Wonder if they’ll sign a few players or have a big name player to be the face of the brand? I know Kelly Oubre signed on to wear their lifestyle kicks in the tunnel on the way to games, but it would cool to get an up and coming young talent to rock in game or even get a signature sneaker.

JS”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom