Converse All Star Pro BB - EVO Release = AUG 1 2020

64483231_702765836823300_2530663493614072687_n.jpg

65777337_215287722772365_3982609251581490245_n.jpg

65222485_117065639556891_5788247674058253234_n.jpg

Sold out on US... They play with small batches only in US :-(
Do you know if Pigalle collab will be also US exclusive ?

(Very) initial (everyone's asleep but me because shoes) impressions:

Where to start...

I don't have shoes lined up from my front door, up the stairs, and into my bathroom. Decent "collection", but relatively modest. Mixture of skate shoes, active wear, casual performance, retro Jordans. Go-to lifestyle that just fits me well would be Jordan 1. I don't collect all the latest tech in basketball shoes, so I don't have a ton to compare to. But I am also quite performance-oriented. With that said, I have definitely never owned a shoe like this.

Out of the box and in hand, immediately impressed and curious. Quite a mixture of quality materials. Feels lightweight but strong. In pictures I was drawn to the white colorway, but I plan on getting after these pretty regularly so went for the black. On that note, love the black in person. Looks and feels confident and seems durable.

Throwback elements more obvious in person. Didn't really appreciate the canvas sections in photos. Very cool and I like the texture. Logos seem durable. 3M? Not sure. Looks like there may be some reflective parts but could be wrong. Entire rear side of shoe also that black canvas material inside. The tongue inner-lined in canvas too, though you can see the upper edge is a rubberized fabric that is a bit stiffer. That made me want to pull my socks up a bit past it, at least fresh out of the box. Also a quite substantial padding inside along the back/ankle (which may have to do with the "half-size small" comment on Converse site). Up front, the mesh is clear through, aside from traditional rubberized top of toebox. If your laces are turned it's some work the straighten them out. But seems that once you have the laces setup they are staying there and no twisting. Like the stretch section in the back for getting in and out.

So on foot....I'm used to J1's lately and wearing em casually loose. This is a different world. I bought TTS, and I'd call it a snug fit, but I also have a bit of a wide foot. Some room in toe but seems closer than my Js. I mentioned that padding in the heel/ankle area... think it pushes you forward just a bit. Curious if there is any break in or not. Still, I probably COULD go up half size and be good, but it's a close call and I don't know that I would yet. May try down the road to see, but overall I think it's that the shoe just fits in a performance oriented kind of way.

Walking around a bit and getting a feel, that's greatly confirmed. On my wood floors, I feel glued to the ground. Very cushioned in the heel, less so up front but noticeably controlled at the ball of the foot. Took outside on court today. Pretty clean surface. Was just tooling around but grip was secure. Felt in control, cut well. Mostly plan on wearing casual, but when you lace these up they are like a skin. No bulk at all, but obvious tech.

Some shoes I am worried to mess up, but with these I instantly feel like I want to get after them.

ConverseAllStarProBB.jpg

Last edited:
I asked a European shop, this should not release inEU.
Next time there is a batch in US.... A contact to get and send it would be appreciated.

Very minor break in on these. Felt tight at first, feeling better today...

Had to take a pic next to some classic Chucks..
IMG_20190626_234734.jpg

Last edited:
I've yet to see this shoe in any popular shoe store here in states, even house of hoops.

Might be low production shoe.

Gonna have to look online.

Strange release, definitely low numbers so far. Light marketing push...I mean some but it's even hard to locate on Converse site sometimes.

I'm not really sure why. It's a dope sneaker relaunching the flagship shoe. They also pushed the other Star Series shoes on SNKRS but not this?

Kind of stuck because I'd like to go half size up but it's sold out and no word on re-release. Hesitant to give back without another pair in line.

Strange release, definitely low numbers so far. Light marketing push...I mean some but it's even hard to locate on Converse site sometimes.

I'm not really sure why. It's a dope sneaker relaunching the flagship shoe. They also pushed the other Star Series shoes on SNKRS but not this?

Kind of stuck because I'd like to go half size up but it's sold out and no word on re-release. Hesitant to give back without another pair in line.

I think I saw them reply to a comment on IG saying that they're restocking again at the end of July.

Converse Basketball Off-Court Preview

Highlighted by new versions of two classic basketball silhouettes, Converse’s fall footwear channels ’90s hoops vibes in familiar and unexpected ways. Several elements of the decade's sportswear history is reflected — including an early penchant for tracksuits to a later embrace of bold geometries — and re-crafted.

VLTG
Originally released in 1995, the Converse Voltage made an immediate statement on collegiate and NBA courts through its dynamic “bolt-chevron” upper pattern. That it was worn by some of the era's most potent guards led to its mystic and made the shoe a cult favorite (lock-up with school uniform styles helped too).

For 2019, the Voltage is brought back from the archives for the first time, its spirit channeled through the new, women's-only VLTG. This vision of the shoe reinterprets the ’95 silhouette with an exaggerated heel arch, lightweight SmartFoam cushioning and street-ready herringbone outsole.

converse-mission-vltg-erx-260-official-images-30_hd_1600.jpg

ERX 260 MID
The color blocking of the ERX 260 MID draws from a series of Converse tracksuits sold in 1990 under the “CONS Collection” label. Along with an embossed tongue, these blocked color palettes celebrate the ERX’s over-the-top verve. The shoe is completed by OrthoLite insole cushioning and an EVA heel.

converse-mission-vltg-erx-260-official-images-26_hd_1600.jpg

converse-mission-vltg-erx-260-official-images-25_hd_1600.jpg

ERX 260 OX
Notable for its brash high and mid models, the ERX gets a low-cut, off-court refresh in 2019. It retains archival design cues, including embossed tongue details, and is given an OrthoLite insole with EVA heel for added comfort.

converse-mission-vltg-erx-260-official-images-24_hd_1600.jpg

converse-mission-vltg-erx-260-official-images-23_hd_1600.jpg

All three shoes will launch August 2019.

Whoever decided to bring back the Converse Voltage as a women's only model should get repeated kicks to the groin!!! I mean it! As a HUGE fan of the OG Voltage (who still has a pair in holdable condition, see my pic below, definitely not wearable as that glue is very brittle), I would buy this in a heartbeat at full retail the MOMENT it released IF it was in men's sizes!!! That's how much I loved the look of the original (and I know these aren't it, but the upper is close. Though I wish it has the Cons Star on the back). The fit, and feel and comfort was another high point. Loved the React Juice and they puffy tongue.

Now, I know some will say, why don't you just go up the size & a half to make it work? I'd love to, except my size is an 11 and I highly doubt they are gonna make this shoe in a womens 12.5 or 13! I hope they do, but I'm not holding my breath!!! At the least, you could have made it unisex sizing for both!!! Damn you Nike/Converse for playing with my emotions on this shoe!!!

Here is a pic of my OG pair!!
IMG_20190717_234606.jpg

Ok Nike, you now got my attention with the black/volt pair! I only wish I could try a pair on.

Back
Top Bottom