maaaaan all the females in my dept hate each other
but still talk to each other
be funny they not even passive aggressive with it
they be having full on arguments
i be sitting there DYIN laughing
its only me and one other dude in the dept
i dont have any problems or issues with anyone
i be chillin
same...i work with 90% women. there's drama all day long but it's never with me.
keeps me entertained daily.
one day they're best friends the next day they hate each other
the chicks never really beef or have any drama with the dudes. it's always at each other

yall dont get evening differential???
so extra money if ur shift starts after 12pm???
our ot starts after 8 hrs on a shift
also 40 hours a week of course
double time on anything after 12hrs on a shift
holidays u dont work u get 8 hours of straight pay(all holidays)
holiday hours u do work is all ot or time and a half PLUS 8 hours of straight time
so essentially double time and a half if u work a holiday
and if u work the all 3 major holidays u get triple pay on the last major one(new years)
thanksgiving christmas and new years are considered the major holidays

nah, we start at 7am so there is no evening shift.

you for sure have better ot than we do. My home girl who is a nurse gets something similar to you.

there is no triple pay anywhere for us. :lol:

I only work with like 30 guys, the whole company is only 39 I think. It’s not around the clock work like a hospital, also all that OT I work is optional, they’ll never make you work more than like 45 hours. The old timers don’t, I got **** to pay off though.

NJ county CO chiming in.. took the police / corrections test straight out of HS. Scored fairly well, was offered a county CO position before anywhere else. Decided to take it. Seen some **** that you probably wont see in other professions. However, the salary (current contract is $102,000 before OT, made $150,000 in 2019), medical benefits, pension (planning to retire from civil service with full benefits when im 43) etc., is what keeps me here. My salary & benefits with just a HS degree is a blessing to me

Yall sound lazy af. Yall probably the same cats that complain about jobs being taken over by people that actually want to work and have a good work ethic
giphy (4).gif

#1 I just stated earlier in the thread that I made over 100k in NYC. I do that while working 40 hours a week in an office.

#2 It's okay to not want to bust your *** for 18 hours a day, you goofy. Thats not healthy for your mind or body, and your family is going to suffer from your absence. But go ahead and slave away pickin up trash in the subway and get 6 hours of sleep a night. People who think like you are the people who say they're pro business and vote republican while the policies that will get enacted just f up the community even more.

thats whats great about having a union job
when u in the union
they cant do that
pass ur 90 day probation
and ur good
so how about u try to talk more about things u know
cause it seems on this subject u dont know ****

I agree there. If theres one thing this country needs, its more and more unions.

The argument is usually cost of goods will go up, but its worth it to have unions be common because it'll secure you a job for your life. People complain about union dues and such, but instead of union dues you're gonna pay some other way with layoffs and people screwing you anyways.

NJ county CO chiming in.. took the police / corrections test straight out of HS. Scored fairly well, was offered a county CO position before anywhere else. Decided to take it. Seen some **** that you probably wont see in other professions. However, the salary (current contract is $102,000 before OT, made $150,000 in 2019), medical benefits, pension (planning to retire from civil service with full benefits when im 43) etc., is what keeps me here. My salary & benefits with just a HS degree is a blessing to me

$102K before OT as a first step CO in the county with only a HS diploma?

Something sounds off. That title is $40K in mass. Even state police make less than $100K before OT.

What am I missing?

I agree there. If theres one thing this country needs, its more and more unions.

The argument is usually cost of goods will go up, but its worth it to have unions be common because it'll secure you a job for your life. People complain about union dues and such, but instead of union dues you're gonna pay some other way with layoffs and people screwing you anyways.

my dues are less than 600 a year and I don’t pay a cent for health care and got a pension and make twice as much as a non union paving guy. If you’re anti union you’re a brainwashed fool.

also wanna say I agree with you on your prior post. Only in America would you get clowned for not wanted to work ot. That’s the stupidest thing ever the whole “I work harder than you for less” arguement. Yeah I work ot in the summer... I barely even work in the winter. It all buffs out. If you wanted me to work 60 hours a week year round I’d tell you to fly a kite.

my dues are less than 600 a year and I don’t pay a cent for health care and got a pension and make twice as much as a non union paving guy. If you’re anti union you’re a brainwashed fool.

also wanna say I agree with you on your prior post. Only in America would you get clowned for not wanted to work ot. That’s the stupidest thing ever the whole “I work harder than you for less” arguement. Yeah I work ot in the summer... I barely even work in the winter. It all buffs out. If you wanted me to work 60 hours a week year round I’d tell you to fly a kite.

Yeah, I'm not even happy working anything over 40, its really unnecessary. You're either bad at your job or overloaded, both issues that you should address instead of grinning and bearing it. The only situation where just dealing with it is acceptable is if you have a family to care for and stuff. The powers that be know that, and they use the healthcare system and everything to dangle it over your head.

Some folks go "hmmm an issue of race, lets undermine and derail it"

White supremacy and racism in general is still a very pervasive problem in our society, and as far as we have come since the civil rights movement, its still pretty terrible.

Yeah, the country is becoming more and more diverse with hispanic births outpacing white births, but the power of government offices is still held by old white men who advocate for themselves, which usually involves oppression of minorities and not giving us a fair shot.

People always counter anything you complain about with "look how much you have and what you're able to do in America" and yeah thats a really great thing and I honestly love the USA despite its flaws. I'm grateful for the opportunities the US has provided me with, and being educated and critical of its leadership is an important part of taking care of your country. I love this place.

But it doesn't change the fact that its unfair for minorities out there, and present day cops are still beating and killing black folks, hispanics are actively being targeted by our president, asian people struggle with having their issues and struggles downplayed by the white establishment, and I'm sure middle eastern folks have a struggle that I can't even imagine. And all this roots back to a bunch of rich white scumbags in America setting narratives with their media. Always has been, always will be.

We have a long way to go as a country.

#1 I just stated earlier in the thread that I made over 100k in NYC. I do that while working 40 hours a week in an office.

#2 It's okay to not want to bust your *** for 18 hours a day, you goofy. Thats not healthy for your mind or body, and your family is going to suffer from your absence. But go ahead and slave away pickin up trash in the subway and get 6 hours of sleep a night. People who think like you are the people who say they're pro business and vote republican while the policies that will get enacted just f up the community even more.
#1 Dont get it twisted like you know me

#2 Of course less hours with more pay is ideal but not everyone is privileged enough to have those opportunities. People like you who think being homeless is better than working 18 hours a day for 250,000 is a problem that our society is facing with millennials. They lazy and soft upon many other things.

$102K before OT as a first step CO in the county with only a HS diploma?

Something sounds off. That title is $40K in mass. Even state police make less than $100K before OT.

What am I missing?
My fault, i shouldve mentioned 102k was top pay after now 12 steps, when i was hired it was only 7 steps. Starting, 1st step is around $40k.. but we have guys with less than 5yrs on take the sgt’s exam, get made and jump all the way up to $117k

My fault, i shouldve mentioned 102k was top pay after now 12 steps, when i was hired it was only 7 steps. Starting, 1st step is around $40k.. but we have guys with less than 5yrs on take the sgt’s exam, get made and jump all the way up to $117k

Okay that makes sense. Was about to say that eligibility list must be hella long if county CO's are pulling in over $100K off the rip :lol:

salute.

Back
Top Bottom