Could you beat Brian Scalabrine in a game of one on one?

Without posting up? What kind of rule is that?

Regardless, no. He's 6'9 240 lbs and is in the NBA. Could you beat Rondo if he wasn't allowed to dribble?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Without posting up? What kind of rule is that?

Regardless, no. He's 6'9 240 lbs and is in the NBA. Could you beat Rondo if he wasn't allowed to dribble?

hell yeah if he only could take jumpers. light work

I think there's atleast one person on here that could beat him in a 1 on 1. A 1-on-1 is very different from a real game. I would be willing to bet(if therewas a way that we could actually bet this) that there are some dudes on NT with D2 talent who have great athleticism and good size that could beat him.

Now, doesn't mean that they have the ability to make it in the NBA or even take Scalabrine's spot on the roster. Scalabrine is a roleplayer(obviously). Whoever could beat him on this board probably doesn't have the ability to fill a certain role on the lever of an NBA player likeScalabrine does, which is why he is in the NBA and none of us are
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure theres a couple people on NT that could really ball.

I mean if that one streetball guy could school Harris on a 1 on 1 game, I mean anything is possible

Anyone who thinks they can beat an NBA player is either stupid and/or high..

DJ Mbenga/Foyle/Scalabrine > You and your bball team

it aint impossible but the percentage is so low for NTers. imagine if he had his life savings on the line and you had your life savings on the line. I dontthink so
laugh.gif

its funny b/c a lot of you prolly never even played with tier 1 athletes. i go to Texas and there are a lot of D1 athletes that play football, baseball,track, whatever that obviously aren't even close to the D1 ball players' levels and they can decimate every day hoopers off pure athleticism, size,and strength alone. and i hate hearing folks try to say "i played with..." and use it as a reason they can get with NBA players. Them cats besuper half assin cuz they dont wanna get hurt by bums that do dumb stuff on the court and they still be killin. It reminds me of when I used to have a co edbasketball class and I would just spend time working on whatever deficiency I had in my game b/c using any strength was super boring and i couldnt be stopped. and i am a BUM

I've played with daniel gipson, and he is nothing in the NBA yet he was giving the most amazing casual work out in the gym. people were quintuple teaminghim and he was just doing whatever, shooting from wherever, finishing however. straight up childs play

aj abrams comes in the gym and looks like tmac and he's like 5'9
laugh.gif
like i aint speaking for everyone, but unless you have very competitively played with players of that caliber and succeeded, i dont think you canhonestly even fix your mouth to say you can beat an nba player. even the bums. that said...NO i am %110 sure i could not beat scalabrine in a competitivegame of 1 on 1 basketball

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

i go to Texas and there are a lot of D1 athletes that play football, baseball, track, whatever that obviously aren't even close to the D1 ball players' levels and they can decimate every day hoopers off pure athleticism, size, and strength alone.
walking into gym late getting picked up first , yeah I'm salty
laugh.gif

no regular person can EVER beat an NBA PLAYERS. EVER, u probably cant even bear jabbar and barkley right now and ur thinking about scalabrine?

He's 6'9", can block shots, rebound, and post me up. I'm only 5'11", so most likely no, I wouldn't beat him 1 on 1.

Those of you saying, "No normal person can beat an NBA player" did you guys not watch that British dude serve Devin Harris on the court.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Be4Chst

no regular person can EVER beat an NBA PLAYERS. EVER, u probably cant even bear jabbar and barkley right now and ur thinking about scalabrine?
The connotation the word "average" has to everyone in the world is different for each person.

Judging from his highlight reels, I'm confident I could beat Scalabrine. That's not to say I necessarily will, but I have a few things going for meagainst him, and assuming I use them to my advantage, I have as much of a chance as anyone.

hes in the NBA.... im pretty sure he can hit consistent, uncontested jumpshots over people on this forum....

to think otherwise is just plain silly... u might score... but def not beat him.... hes block u every time,

notice on PRO's Vs. Joes.. how bad the joe's get beat.... by players that have been retired for years... just think what an active NBA player would doto you....

yeah he'll block you, cause scalabrine is the best defender in the nba and he's super fast and he shoots 100%

Every NBA that has somewhat of a decent jumper will shoot around 70% playing 1 on 1.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

probably not, but I can surely beat Brad Miller.

Does anyone remember the thread where homie said he could beat Brad Miller in a highschool 3-point contest?
laugh.gif

i may not win but i sure aint gonna get smashed and yall sayin cause he in the nba thats why he would win please some people get lucky breaks not saying he didbut their are a lot of cats not in the league who juss aint got the oppurtunity

There's 3 possibilities with this thread.
1) NT's got some real good ballers
2) NT'ers think they are better than they really are
3)NT'ers don't realize/haven't played with any real good players

I'm guessing 2/3. Like someone else said, unless you've played D1/D2 ball/NBDL/Europe/etc....you wouldn't even have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom