Could you beat Brian Scalabrine in a game of one on one?

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

I think there's atleast one person on here that could beat him in a 1 on 1. A 1-on-1 is very different from a real game. I would be willing to bet(if there was a way that we could actually bet this) that there are some dudes on NT with D2 talent who have great athleticism and good size that could beat him.

Now, doesn't mean that they have the ability to make it in the NBA or even take Scalabrine's spot on the roster. Scalabrine is a role player(obviously). Whoever could beat him on this board probably doesn't have the ability to fill a certain role on the lever of an NBA player like Scalabrine does, which is why he is in the NBA and none of us are
laugh.gif

Well said

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

He's an NBA player, dude. He ain't Kobe (> Lebron), but he certainly didn't get there on some fluke.

You're delusional

true true.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Excellent analysis. FWIW, I'm a 6'2" G/F with about a 6'4-6" wingspan... Maybe more than that. Like I said, I probably would get thrashed like anyone else on here, but it wouldn't be as lopsided as people would want to believe.

I think you'll get thrashed. I think you might get to 1-1 or 2-2.. then it's over. I think there's such a thing as natural scoring ability so ifyou have the ball first, you might get a quick bucket. But that's it.
More than anything, I think we really underestimate the efficiency and consistency of these pro ballers. Scalabrine would be able to hit shot after shot on us,no problem.

Heck, Scal played 27 minutes in game 1. If you can play 27 minutes in the NBA, you are most definitely not a scrub.

[h2] from: Buc Em to: dreClark subject: Hello[/h2]

Buc Em

off_line.gif
105 Kudos

yo im trying to join niketalk asap after reading that topic on if you think you can beat brian scalabrine one on one. i need to share my story that i HAVE beat brian scalabrine one on one haha. swear on anything. he held a camp at the hoop heaven in whippany, new jersey when he was with the nets in like 2004 or 2005. it was that summer after the nets were in the finals against the spurs i think. anyways i was about to be a freshman in high school and i was one of the top players in my area coming up so they had to have told him about me cuz anytime he'd play with us this dude would go ALL OUT defending me. so last day of camp he challenged anybody at the camp to play him 1 on 1. hit me back on here when you get this i guess. i dont know how this yuku thing works

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

[h2]from: Buc Em to: dreClark subject: Hello[/h2]

Buc Em

off_line.gif
105 Kudos

yo im trying to join niketalk asap after reading that topic on if you think you can beat brian scalabrine one on one. i need to share my story that i HAVE beat brian scalabrine one on one haha. swear on anything. he held a camp at the hoop heaven in whippany, new jersey when he was with the nets in like 2004 or 2005. it was that summer after the nets were in the finals against the spurs i think. anyways i was about to be a freshman in high school and i was one of the top players in my area coming up so they had to have told him about me cuz anytime he'd play with us this dude would go ALL OUT defending me. so last day of camp he challenged anybody at the camp to play him 1 on 1. hit me back on here when you get this i guess. i dont know how this yuku thing works
nerd.gif

roll.gif
believe it.

and to the boston homer who says gordon could'nt cover scal--bro you telling me gordon couldn't beat scal in a 1 on 1?

what are you smoking and may i have it?

True story. I beat him 5-2 in front of atleast half that camp and i was 15
laugh.gif
. Now this isn't to take anything away from Scalabrine, I saw dude doing 360's and windmills when we were just playing around so he's alotmore athletic than you think. The funny thing about that camp was that he had that game 7 against the Pistons from that year when he hit like 6 3's in thatgame on tape, and every day at lunch he would show it to us. I also went to the Celtics vs Bobcats game in Charlotte last year and we had VIP tickets to meetthe players after the game, and I look over and see Scalabrine on the other side. He looked over at me and I promise you this dude still remembers it.

Back
Top Bottom