Cowboys Still Controlling Their Own Destiny Appreciation Post....

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

But if Chicago loses tomorrow, and we win next week, we'll get in
Is that definite? Regardless of the Eagles/ Skins and Vikes/Falcons outcome?

Edit: Just gave it some thought, I get it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hes right. We still dont win in Philly and get in.

If Chicago wins tomorrow, and theres a three way tie of 10-6 between Tampa, Chicago, and Dallas, Tampa gets in.
Tampa wouldn't get that last spot. Bears would be out because of their conference record and then it would go back to the 2 team wild cardspot scenario which would give it to us based on head to head. Dallas would be in if I'm hearing correctly....

I see the NFL running that BCS type garbage. I'm just not a fan of that type of stuff if two teams have played each other head to head.

^^ Im pretty sure in a three way tie it would go to SOV which Tampa has over Dallas and Chicago.

I dunno, maybe NFL Network is wrong. Its confusing me too.

Okay, now foxsports and CBS just said Dallas and Philly control their own destiny. I dunno whos friggin rght.

All I know is we shouldnt be in this !+!*@% position in the first damn place

Yea you wont really be sure till Tuesday when all this weeks games are played. But as it was before todays game started Tampa needed to Lose both their games.Things may have changed I dont know things always get confusing around this time of the year. All I know is my falcons just need to win today and we in so goodluck with your game next week I guess.

^^
laugh.gif
@ the user name

They just said on Fox that Dallas controls their own destiny. Win and we're in.

Now is the time...

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

No guy im right you need Tampa to lose next week as well as you guys winning next week (realistically I dont see you guys winning next week either, no hate just saying).

Here is the explanation.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The Cowboys still control their own destiny because they:

1. Have the same record as Tampa Bay as of right now
2. Own the head to head win over Tampa (meaning they have the tiebreaker)
3. Are currently the sixth seed

Dallas controls their own destiny. If Dallas loses to Philly next week, chances are Tampa gets in (assuming they beat the Raiders). Chicago's best chanceis to overtake Minnesota for the division lead, other than that, they're most likely out because of their conference record up until this point. Phillygets in only if they beat Dallas and Tampa loses to Oakland.

Regardless, its all a moot point if Dallas wins next week.

WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY ... THREAD STILL ALIVE ... HATERS SHUT THAT @#$* UP ... LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL BELIEVE BUT GOD DAMN ROMO GET YOUR @#$*TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its sad to see how many peope are wrong in here. MrMundayNite is right. The cowboys control their own destiny its already been said because of Tampas loss. Also the Falcons clinched the wild card spot today so they are already in.

The Boys really need to approach this game with Philly like a playoff game. It basically is. Win, and our season continues. Lose, and you go home.

With as crazy as this season has been, all we've wanted was to have a chance to make the playoffs. We now have that. Whether people think we deserve itor not, if we win we're in
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Philly will not beat DAL
smh.gif

But if they do...

DAL can beat MIN

and ATL can whoop ARZ

Both road teams could win in the WC round

If the Cowboys and the Chargers make the playoffs, they may be the 2 scariest teams. Two talented teams that have been lost all season. Come playoff time, itsa brand new season.

Man i'm still holding out hope for a ciowboys vs Chargers Super Bowl. Dont make me look like an idiot romo

Just to set all this straight and detail it out... If Dallas wins next week in Philadelphia, they're in. Period. They drive their own bus to theplayoffs...

If they finish tied with Tampa Bay, they're in based off beating the Bucs head-to-head...

If they finish in a three-way tie with Tampa Bay and Chicago, they're in because they have the best record of the three teams in games between the threeteams...

From ESPN.com's explanation of three-way tiebreakers...
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Dallas beat Tampa (1-0)
Tampa lost to Dallas and beat Chicago (1-1)
Chicago lost to Tampa (0-1)

NBC chose the Chargers/Broncos as the flex game next week.

I would've bet money that they would have chose the Boys/Eagles.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

NBC chose the Chargers/Broncos as the flex game next week.

I would've bet money that they would have chose the Boys/Eagles.

I'm guessing they got tired of NFC East matchups, or teams from the NFC East being on national tv.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Come on Romo...

I know you got another loss in you
Bro u mite be rite. Mr. Hollywood/TMZ/Pepsi/Dish Network/Mexico vacation before a playoff game and u aint never won jack, needs to decide if hewants to be the next Brad Pitt or the next QB to get in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor. And the only way to do that is to win at least one Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom