Crash in MD kills 3 sends 2 to shock trauma

This is such a sad story and the only reason i post it is because stuff like this usually doesn't happen in our small town of Bel Air MD.

Three Harford County residents in their early 20s were killed Saturday night in a crash on Prospect Road, according to Maryland State Police. Two others were taken by helicopter to Maryland Shock Trauma.

Police said preliminary investigation indicated Tyler G. Anderson, 21, of Jarrettsville was driving a 2008 Mazda 3 eastbound on Prospect Road when he lost control of the vehicle, which went off-road, became airborne, hit a tree and broke in half upon impact.

A passerby reported seeing a vehicle off the road on MD Route 646 (Prospect Road) near Mill Green Road at 11:29 p.m., according to police.

Anderson was killed, and so were passengers Shawn Ponton, 21, of Jarrettsville and Alexzandria McDowell, 20, of Street. Police said that all three were pronounced dead at the scene.

Two passengers were flown to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center. Theresa M. Owensby, 19, of Bel Air, and David E. Clark, 21, of Street, remained at shock trauma Sunday morning.

Prospect Road was closed from midnight to 7:20 a.m. as officials investigated the crash, according to reports from the Maryland Department of Transportation.

Due to the severity of the damage, state police said it has not been determined whether people in the car were wearing seatbelts. At least two people were ejected from the vehicle, police said.

When first responders arrived at the crash site, half of the car was in a ravine 100 feet from the other half.

A cause has not been determined and nothing has been ruled out, Maryland State Police said in a statement issued before noon on Sunday.

http://belair.patch.com/articles/police-identify-prospect-road-crash-victims-fatal-november-17-2012

The second hand info i got from kids that know the driver tyler was that he loved his car and was going around 120mph.......all these kids trying to be go hards these days with cars their parents bought them...then gave them money to mod....SLOW DOWN it isn't that serious.

I still don't get the point in not wearing your seat belt.  Either way, RIP
tired.gif

idk bout yall but i like the feeling of having a seat belt on, even in the back seat

I speed constantly, more often than not. I'm usually driving among the fastest in the left lane on a highway. I'm not bragging because I'm doing like 70 in a 55 or whatever...I just don't get this whole reckless 120 mph ****, it's unnecessary. I'm not perfect but I've only gotten 1 ticket in my life because I realize the general flow of traffic and I'm not out of control, I don't swerve in and out of traffic like I'm holding a controller in my hands and not a steering wheel. Some of these kids just don't understand the seriousness of driving and thinks it's a game.

It's sad but I don't know...at the same time, people need to be responsible.

idk bout yall but i like the feeling of having a seat belt on, even in the back seat

Same here, it's called common sense (in my eyes). It's actually sad how many times I've heard, "why you doing all that? it's not like you in the front seat." I usually just claim I survived a bad accident to shut them up.

Driving and the roads/other drivers is like playing Russian Roulette. You really are just one wrong move from death or one person not paying attention/texting/drunk driver away from a life altering accident.

All that separates folks is a double yellow line, pretty wild to think about.

Back
Top Bottom